Mission Progression not working-cannot launch new rocket

Hello,

I just got the DLC on PS4Pro (latest KSP-version, all standard settings) and have some problems playing the historical missions.

Right during the first mission: The Dawn of the Space Age: After successfully landing (Wernher  told me so :)) the K-7 near (but not directly  on the runway) the old airfield I return to the VAB either via the button at the top or via the mission diagram.

I build the K7-B and want to launch. But here I am sent back to the landen K-7 on the island. Here Wernher briefs me on the 48km-flight.

Somehow the spawning of new vehicles does not work,

From now on, when I manually return to the space center, all building are locked except the Observation building from where I just can return to the landen K-7.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forums @BradJJ, @Peri, and @jordan drake! I play Xbox version, and haven’t played those missions, but I know that there are a lot of bugs in Enhanced Edition, partly because Sony and Microsoft regulate things that are added very strictly, and thus, many bugs don’t get fixed for a longer time than PC, so, my advice is to raise as much hell about it, and hopefully catch the attention of @SQUAD and their dev’s and they get a patch for the next update that is supposed to happen with the Breaking Ground DLC. Good Luck guys!

I tagged @SQUAD in this post, so they can take a look at this, I will also tag a dev or two later.

@Just Jim

@JPLRepo

hmmm.... That doesn't sound good, but I am not seeing it reported anywhere on the tracker... Could someone write that up. please, so we can get it looked at? I can help if you've never done a bug-report

Edited by Just Jim

On 11/12/2019 at 5:29 PM, Just Jim said:

hmmm.... That doesn't sound good, but I am not seeing it reported anywhere on the tracker... Could someone write that up. please, so we can get it looked at? I can help if you've never done a bug-report

You are dealing with a console game

maybe have a bug reporting tool actually within the console port?

On 11/17/2019 at 8:19 AM, PauloRazen said:

Tracker?

You can use the public tracker for reporting console game bugs.
Under "version", just select the appropriate one for your version on Xbox, PS4, etc...

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/projects/ksp/issues

26 minutes ago, Leopard said:

maybe have a bug reporting tool actually within the console port?

That's not a bad idea. You can write it up as a feedback on the same tracker if you want.

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

You can use the public tracker for reporting console game bugs.
Under "version", just select the appropriate one for your version on Xbox, PS4, etc...

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/projects/ksp/issues

That's not a bad idea. You can write it up as a feedback on the same tracker if you want.

if I didn't usually post using a mobile phone I would perhaps consider it

assuming it was a bug tracker related to a company that actually fixed bugs, as opposed to pouring petrol onto the dumpster fire

if this was freeware or open source perhaps, however this is paid for commercial software, apparently "extensively tested", yet still, several years after the first release suffering from the sort of bugs that anyone actually trying to play it can discover pretty quickly

you want feedback for a console game? stick a feedback mechanic into the flipping game, heck you could have the thing report game state and other similar useful information alongside it, you know, as a not inconsiderable level of actual commercially written software does?

Heck I wrote a feedback tool into some stuff I wrote, so its obviously not difficult, but then I actually bothered to test stuff directly over and above automated testing so what do I know?

1 hour ago, Leopard said:

if I didn't usually post using a mobile phone I would perhaps consider it

Well, I guess it comes down to this:  You've got a problem, and you would like somebody to do something about it.

Therefore, presumably you would want to do whatever gives the best chance to have it addressed.

The folks who actually work on the game have said that the best way to help them address the problem is to open a bug report on the tracker.  You can choose to believe that or not, you can choose to make a report about it or not, it's up to you.

But given that they're the ones who actually need to fix it, and they've said what they need... my own suggestion would be to do what they've suggested, if you want to optimize your chance for having it addressed.  If you just feel like venting rather than trying to get it fixed, that's okay too-- bugs are frustrating, and it's totally understandable to want to vent.

But if the goal is more practical, i.e. actually get it addressed, I'd suggest following the path that's designed for that.  That's what will be the most helpful in actually addressing the problem.

On 8/25/2019 at 7:25 AM, Peri said:

Edit: Bugreport sent

Great, thanks!  :)

Any chance you could post a link to it here, so that other people affected by the bug could vote it up, and/or provide their own details, repro cases, etc.?

comes down to this, pretty simple really, you have to expect people to use the platforms you offer your product on

e.g. if this was Windows only software having a website that required a plug in that was made only for the Mac would be generally unacceptable, this is on a console, so you need a feedback mechanism that works on a console - it would also work better, e.g. diagnostic files, or the game feeding directly into your bug tracking software, recording exactly where the user is in the game, what they were doing etc.

would you personally find it acceptable for this bug tracker to be available by post only? its basically the same, this game is on platforms open to people who don't really have a traditional web browser, they may only have a phone, or tablet, they may not even think of the internet as a way to feedback

build it into the damned application though, and all of a sudden you can have detailed crash reports, stack traces, whatever you want, stuff the actual user can't even see but is highly useful - how big is the save file? how much spare RAM or disc space is there?

add a couple of fields for comments, you have the user ID etc, will also make grouping multiple reports of the same issue a lot easier

or you could use a tool that requires registering and creating another account, on a different platform, that works differently to the games platform, that game players may or may not even have. you are now stuck with what individuals call things, a lack of screen shots etc that you can take for granted more or less on a PC

consoles may be essentially crippled PCs these days, but they work and are used differently, if you are going to support them you need to do it properly

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.