After Godzilla vs Kong - What do you want to see?

JMBuilder

Is it obvious enough that I'm a hopeless Godzilla nerd?

Legendary has made it clear that the Monsterverse will continue after Godzilla vs Kong, especially since Toho voiced their approval of this take on their cinema icons. So, what do my fellow gujiller fans want to see after the upcoming Godzilla vs Kong movie?

I'd like to see a lot. Kicking this off:

Other Godzillas

We know that one member of Godzilla's species was "Dagon." Why not expand on this? Could a more evolved Godzilla (maybe based on Toho's "Millennium" Godzilla) be introduced as an antagonistic, human-hating Titan for some classic city-smashing action? What about TriStar's version of Godzilla introduced as a cousin species? I'm getting a "the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" vibe from this idea.

Godzilla2000.jpg2000?cb=20140628224734

Cousin Titans

Back to the thought of including TriStar's Godzilla (aka "Zilla") as a cousin species to Legendary's Godzilla, what other "cousin Titans" could be included? Toho's "Gaira" could be a cousin of Kong's species, Battra a cousin of Mothra's species, Megaguirus a cousin of the MUTOs, etc.

Gaira.png

GVMTBFE_-_Battra.jpg

megaguirus_2000_01.jpg

More "Toho tech"

Legendary reintroduced the Oxygen Destroyer (the weapon used to kill Godzilla in the original film) and gave us a few nods to the futuristic aircraft from past movies with the USS Argo, but there's still a lot that can be explored, including one of the most iconic anti-Kaiju weapons: the maser.

latest?cb=20160523142820

toho-maser-cannon.jpg

Widening the "Titan underworld"

We know about Alan Jonah's organization of eco-terrorists, but considering how the world has been shaken by a mass awakening of giant creatures, there should be a lot more going on in this particular field. In the movie Godzilla vs Biollante, this was a huge plot point. Groups of mercenaries from the US and a fictional Middle-Eastern nation called "Saradia" were all committing espionage in Japan with the goal of securing secret and very valuable materials, such as anti-radiation bacteria and Godzilla cells. With the new movies showing the world thrown into chaos, Legendary could easily include more of this action, possibly even reintroducing Saradia as a new nation emerging from the political strife.

Sss9.jpg

Roles for original actors

This would be a nice little touch to new movies if at all possible. Actors from older Godzilla films could be featured, such as Manjot Bedi (Saradian agent "SSS9") and Don Frye (captain of the Gotengo from Godzilla: Final Wars).

20150309133617e71.jpg

Godzilla-vs-Biollante-Saradian-mercenary

Don-Frye-GettyImages-88653666.jpg

Gordon_Gotengo.jpg

Introduction of Toho's "lost civilizations"

We know that the hollow earth and its lost civilizations is a major plot point in the Monsterverse. We can safely assume that Atlantis and other legendary empires are included in this buried world, but what about the lost empires from Toho's old movies? The lost continent of Mu would be an excellent plot point used to reintroduce monsters like Manda and Gigan.

latest?cb=20131127004447

latest?cb=20140131120702

Bringing Gamera into the Monsterverse

Fans have been asking for this Toho-Daiei crossover for ages. It's about time it happened. Why not give Gamera some "upgrades" as well? Maybe make his armored shell a giant biological tokamak reactor, letting him blast CMEs out of his mouth.

maxresdefault.jpg

More emphasis on Japan

I mean, let's be real. Godzilla is Japan's creation. In my mind, the movies haven't been including Japan nearly enough. Sure, the first MUTO began its rampage in Japan, but Godzilla has yet to even travel near the nation in the new movies.

27 minutes ago, JMBuilder said:

... Godzilla has yet to even travel near the nation in the new movies.

I think they're almost always based in Japan in the Japanese versions (of which they made one nearly every year between 1962 - 1975, and then 1991 - 2005, and lately in 2016). You just haven't seen them.

The Japanese Wikipedia has an entire list of places Godzilla has destroyed.

... I think at this point it's kinda difficult but to see a few things re-doing itself. Or Toho could possibly try to peddle some of the stuff the rest of the world hasn't seen yet.

12 minutes ago, YNM said:

I think they're almost always based in Japan in the Japanese versions (of which they made one nearly every year between 1962 - 1975, and then 1991 - 2005, and lately in 2016). You just haven't seen them.

The Japanese Wikipedia has an entire list of places Godzilla has destroyed.

... I think at this point it's kinda difficult but to see a few things re-doing itself. Or Toho could possibly try to peddle some of the stuff the rest of the world hasn't seen yet.

I was mainly referring to the new Monsterverse movies. I know Toho started their own direct reboots, but the Monsterverse opens up so much more potential IMO.

4 hours ago, JMBuilder said:

the Monsterverse opens up so much more potential IMO.

Have they done an Ultraman - style thing (basically some benevolent extra-human) ? Or would that directly competes for their popularity ?

51 minutes ago, YNM said:

Have they done an Ultraman - style thing (basically some benevolent extra-human) ? Or would that directly competes for their popularity ?

Never seen Ultraman. I'm not sure if they'd be able to fit superhumans into the Monsterverse unless they really wanted to take a Godzilla: Final Wars route.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.