So KSP 2 just got announced...

I'm watching the opening night stream for the gamescom in germany right now, and just a few minutes ago, KSP 2 was announced for the next year. So far, just a cinematic trailer but it loos like the same universe (Duna was clearly visible, also Laythe and Jool) and a quiet a few fancy parts.

I'm a little bit hyped :o

edit: almost faster then the official forum announcement :D

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

Yeah if they can get the graphics anywhere near the quality of the trailer, then they can take ALL my money!  lol  Actually, I just want a new game engine with better orbital mechanics simulation and get rid of the GC stuttering. But nicer graphics will be appreciated...

6 minutes ago, netbumbler said:

Yeah if they can get the graphics anywhere near the quality of the trailer, then they can take ALL my money! 

They've released a few pictures on the official ksp website, and it looks similar, minus the ray-tracing. 

I wonder if we'll get Life Support lmao

In seriousness though, I hope they optimise this well for poor gpu's. I would love to play this withough stutter.

OTHER THAT THAT IM FRICKING HYPE LETS GO

i am curious to see how this will turn out but in the back of my mind there are two questions. how much of the dev team is as passionate as the early squad team was. and how much is take-two gonna screw it up.

im very afraid that take-two will start meddling in it. dumbing it down to appeal to a wider audience, add microtransactions, rushing the development (ksp 1 has taken years to get where it is and is still not finished and now probably never will be)

and i hope that ksp 2 is not just a sticker they slapped on the old one as a quick cash in.

i love ksp but i am afraid it will be mangled and lose all the things that make it unique

Just now, Tw1 said:

I just remade all my favorite ships in  KSP1 ... 

It's not like it's bout to drop tomorrow though,

I’m going to keep playing KSP 1 alongside the new game for a while at least. I have so many mods and other stuff that’s going to take some time to reach KSP 2.

Just now, RealKerbal3x said:

I’m going to keep playing KSP 1 alongside the new game for a while at least. I have so many mods and other stuff that’s going to take some time to reach KSP 2.

I had some fanworks I'm going to reopen and finish off. There are lots of long runners in the fanworks subforum too. I hope this won't cause problems there, making them all look so outdated

So, after seeing the trailer for KSP 2, what did you think of it?

I thought it was amazing seeing how different it looks from KSP 1, it seems like the graphics got a update and there is going to be more you can do along with playing with friends (I think multiplayer is a good addition). Now i'm wondering what the title screen will look like.

What about you? 

Edited by Johnster_Space_Program