So KSP 2 just got announced...

9 hours ago, mk1980 said:

the trailer is funny :)

not too thrilled about the whole colonization / sci fi angle. don't think a space exploration game need sci fi content to be interesting.

I love it, and its not much more Scifi than Musks and Benzos plans. Yes orion was just an paper study and mock ups and we can not make an so good fusion engine. 
But its still near tech. 
We do manned missions to Venus, Pluto and Jupiter in KSP. 

13 hours ago, magnemoe said:

I love it, and its not much more Scifi than Musks and Benzos plans. Yes orion was just an paper study and mock ups and we can not make an so good fusion engine. 
But its still near tech. 
We do manned missions to Venus, Pluto and Jupiter in KSP. 

it's plain science fiction at this point. calling it "near future" is optimistic to the point of being naive.

especially fusion engines. i mean, we don't even have functioning stationary fusion reactors despite many decades of research. scientists keep moving their projections for when it will be a viable technology deeper and deeper into this mystical magic realm of "the future". so it's actually questionable if nuclear fusion will ever become a working technology at all.

By the way: Did someone already found any information about the scale of the planets compared to KSP? Kerbin (let's hope it's still the homeplanet) looks a bit bigger, doesn't it? They probably didn't bother about it in the cinematic trailer but during the shot from the surface of the Mun, Kerbin looks huuuuge.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:35 PM, netbumbler said:

Yeah if they can get the graphics anywhere near the quality of the trailer, then they can take ALL my money!  lol  Actually, I just want a new game engine with better orbital mechanics simulation and get rid of the GC stuttering. But nicer graphics will be appreciated...

If it does not lag/slow down when more than 250-300 parts, even if the graphics are bad (does not seem they will be) then they can have all my money.
No Krakens + No frame drops until 1000 or more parts?   Heaven.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:52 AM, mk1980 said:

not too thrilled about the whole colonization / sci fi angle. don't think a space exploration game need sci fi content to be interesting.

As long as it is optional that is fine.  I want to start a colony on a Uranus-analog, and support it and stuff in one game, but I don't want the colonization to dictate every game all the time.
I just want some classic KSP goofing around at times... Such as rescuing a Kerbal who's been on the Mün for over 5 years and him/her being perfectly healthy, lol.

Edited by Francois424