Kerbal Space Program 2: Master Post

sh1pman

I liked how cheeky the trailer is, referencing that old fanmade video from way back when. Same music, same tagline, many similar shots and vessels.

What I liked less was the "not gameplay footage" part. Everyone can make render trailers; show me the actual game, pretty please! Guess that's not ready just yet.

All in all, I'm cautiously optimistic. It was a given that TakeTwo would try to do more with the intellectual property they paid money to acquire. Building a new game from the ground up with a much more modern technology base, that can work. Not to knock on Felipe's original work, but he was one guy at the start, and he had never made a game before. No one could and would expect him to match the work of a studio of trained professionals. And while the game changed greatly over the years, it probably had to keep carrying along legacy cruft. Perhaps a new, clean start is a good thing.

If that sunsets the current game eventually? ...Well, frankly, I have over one thousand hours in it. Even if I had not received it as a gift, I would have considered it money well spent. And time well spent, too. Kerbal Space Program, and the team at Squad, has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. It has been one of my most favorite games ever, and nothing can take that away. Plus, it was one of the foremost early access success stories of the decade. If the torch is to be handed off to a successor, then KSP will not retire into obscurity... it will retire into a well-deserved spot in gaming's hall of fame.

11 minutes ago, sarbian said:

First: Yay. Look great and I can't wait to get my hands on it. I have no doubt it will be as mod friendly as KSP 1

Now the really important question: Which Unity version does this runs on ? :D

We'll let everyone know once the game is out ;)

Well.. seems to be master nuild to worlk on KSP1 problems, but still interested in what except bugfixing and additn "new parts"? Improvements on physics? 3-body in mods for ksp1 already. Realism - in mods already. Multiplayer - maybe, but for me it's not the main gameplay feature fo sandbox. So why? Still interested what can give KSP2 for old "kerbal space engineer" who can easily do Jool V in stock and flyby all gas giants in RSS in 1 launch? Core gameplay features? Mauals for noobs - good, but not for old players. Interstellar? not so interesting and already implemented. Extraterrestrial bases - implemented. 

32 minutes ago, PulsarPixie said:

Q: Where will Kerbal Space Program 2 be available? 

A: Kerbal Space Program 2 will be available on PC and Console (Xbox One, PS4) in 2020.

Q: Will it be released on all digital distribution store platforms?

A: Kerbal Space Program 2 will be released on Steam and other digital storefronts, as well as Xbox Games Store and PlayStation Store.

Will the game be available for Linux, as well as Mac and Windows?

Edited by GummyJon

Where is the link for the preorder? :)

(the Joysticks will work this time, right?)

— POST EDIT --

Spoiler

Q: Will I be able to transfer my saves/account to KSP2? (backwards compatibility)

A: Saves from Kerbal Space Program 1 will not be compatible with Kerbal Space Program 2.

Q: Will existing mods will be supported?

A: Existing Mods will not be compatible on Kerbal Space Program 2.

Here, hold my beer. :)

Edited by Lisias
post edit

3 minutes ago, GummyJon said:

Will the game be available for Linux, as well as Mac and Windows?

We have no announcements for these platforms at this time, but we are always looking at ways to bring KSP to as many players as we can.

Holy Moho!

If it's a quarter as beautiful as the trailer then I will still be blown away!

I'm going to guess there will be no carryover for old saves, but it is a necessary sacrifice. *SALUTES*

One question. Are we going to get an even more epic version of the main theme for KSP2 or a new theme? Because I'd love to see a more powerful original theme!

Just now, Deltac said:

Question for the Devs:

Is 2K going to force in Microtransactions?  If so, will KSP2 be free to play?

KSP2 is $60, and imo, I highly doubt there will be microtransactions. That'd be a quick way to kill hype for people who have played with free updates for a long time.

2 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

KSP2 is $60, and imo, I highly doubt there will be microtransactions. That'd be a quick way to kill hype for people who have played with free updates for a long time.

Yeah that's one of the few things that would ruin KSP2 for me, and I'm guessing a lot of other people too.