Kerbal Space Program 2: Master Post

sh1pman

11 minutes ago, Deltac said:

Question for the Devs:

Is 2K going to force in Microtransactions?  If so, will KSP2 be free to play?

There will not be an in-game currency that you can purchase loot boxes, or similar. About the prize...

47 minutes ago, PulsarPixie said:

Q: How much will Kerbal Space Program 2 cost?

A: $59.99 USD

2 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

There will not be an in-game currency that you can purchase loot boxes, or similar

what about cosmetics?  Or game boosters (buying more science or reputation or buy new parts with real currency)?

Oh. My. Goodness.

I’ve always thought that KSP just needed to start over to fix some of its problems, and this looks like a fine way to do just that. 

Colonies, interstellar travel, multiplayer, enhanced graphics OH MY!

My only worry is that the system requirements have increased enough for my old laptop to be a sobbing puddle on the floor...can we have any input on this @UomoCapra?

6 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

There will not be an in-game currency that you can purchase loot boxes, or similar. About the prize...

I love you. Immediate resolution of the nagging doubt upon all of us.

HYPE HYPE MIDNIGHT HYPE PARTY

"

53 minutes ago, PulsarPixie said:

● Colonies: Players can now build colonies in Kerbal Space Program 2. These colonies not only pose their own physics challenges to build, but also require players gather resources to build structures, space stations, habitations, and generate unique fuel types. Eventually, these colonies become advanced enough for vehicle construction, propelling deep space and beyond.

I just fainted a little. 

Thats a dream come true for me. 

Colonies are something I always wanted. 

37 minutes ago, SingABrightSong said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/954850/Kerbal_Space_Program_2/

Those worried about timed exclusivity deals, rest at ease. 

Boy I hope you're right, but just wait until Epic sends their attorneys with buckets of cash to Private Division to persuade them to sign an exclusivity deal. We've seen games on the Steam store right up until a few days before launch go "poof", we're moving to Epic only.

Please, Take2 and the new developers, if you're reading this:

don't mess up:

- don't fill the game with stupid microtransactions. I don't care if they're cosmetic, we hate microtransactions. Loot boxes are included and also don't pull an EA on us and create a Battle Pass or charge for each piece of game expansion. we hate microtxns.

- don't sell yourselves to EGS. don't make it Epic exclusive after creating a Steam page for your new game.

- don't ban mods like it happened with GTA V.

hopefully there's good faith in you and KSP2 will be the sequel this game deserves, and maybe the best game of the franchise.

1 minute ago, Space Cowboy Bob said:

Boy I hope you're right, but just wait until Epic sends their attorneys with buckets of cash to Private Division to persuade them to sign an exclusivity deal. We've seen games on the Steam store right up until a few days before launch go "poof", we're moving to Epic only.

That's what I'm afraid of happening.

12 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

There will not be an in-game currency that you can purchase loot boxes, or similar.

Does this include cosmetics, part packs and other things like that, apart from DLCs like Breaking Ground? Will there be ANY form of microtransactions at all?

Woah....

WOAH.

Wait, how does the *multiplayer* work? There's so many ways.... how?

I've always wanted to share my solar system with a friend like a Minecraft server.... Is... something like that happening?

Edited by Opus_723