Kerbal Space Program 2: Master Post

sh1pman

58 minutes ago, PulsarPixie said:

● Colonies: Players can now build colonies in Kerbal Space Program 2. These colonies not only pose their own physics challenges to build, but also require players gather resources to build structures, space stations, habitations, and generate unique fuel types. Eventually, these colonies become advanced enough for vehicle construction, propelling deep space and beyond.

I almost fainted. 

This is what has me the most excited. 

Day one buy. 

...... gobsmacked...................can´t process..HOLY something.

Seeing an orion drive and a fusion drive, they can´t possibly leave out the radiation aspect, can they?

Anyways, absolutely cool trailer.

And I am relieved to read that KSP 1 will be developed further. And I belive you guys. After all you are making my most favorite videogame of all time. Hope everybody keeps their job or falls up the ladder at some point.

@ star theory games: Good luck, this is a hard community to please. :)

3 minutes ago, KerrMü said:

Seeing an orion drive and a fusion drive, they can´t possibly leave out the radiation aspect, can they?

Yeah, it'd be cool if you had to care about radiation exposure, and invest in shielding. Not just from your drives, but from space itself. @UomoCapra Any word? Or at least any possibility post-release?

Edited by Spaceception

This finally brought me back to the forums after....I don’t even know how long. I didn’t expect a full-fledged sequel to KSP, or the inclusion of interstellar travel, exoplanets, colonies, or multiplayer. I can’t wait to see what new systems and planets will be in the game!

Fantastic news and amazing trailer, well done Private Division, Star Theory and Squad!

I'm also cautiously optimistic, it looks like the devs are tackling a lot of the issues KSP has. Here's to interesting interactive planets, a proper career mode with time based mechanics and meaningful orbital and planetary infrastructure, and a science system that is based around understanding the solar system/universe, instead of unlocking tech!

Very excited!

1 minute ago, Yakuzi said:

I'm also cautiously optimistic, it looks like the devs are tackling a lot of the issues KSP has. Here's to interesting interactive planets, a proper career mode with time based mechanics and meaningful orbital and planetary infrastructure, and a science system that is based around understanding the solar system/universe, instead of unlocking tech!

This is my thoughts exactly. 

Just... take your time Devs. I say this definitely not because  I just started big plans in KSP1, and don't want to be left behind....

Any idea when in 2020 it will be?

Yay, what a strange last hour.
I was waiting for my Video upload to finish rendering and went to YT to bridge the time. Saw the announcement Video there, super hyped! Very well told all the excitement of KSP captured.
Coincidentally the Video I was rendering wasn't DiRT Rally 2 for a change, but actually also KSP, as if it all fell into placeXD

14 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

My only worry is that the system requirements have increased enough for my old laptop to be a sobbing puddle on the floor...can we have any input on this @UomoCapra?

We'll let evryone know about the final system requirements as we get closer to the release ;)

36 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

I liked how cheeky the trailer is, referencing that old fanmade video from way back when. Same music, same tagline, many similar shots and vessels.

What I liked less was the "not gameplay footage" part. Everyone can make render trailers; show me the actual game, pretty please! Guess that's not ready just yet.

All in all, I'm cautiously optimistic. It was a given that TakeTwo would try to do more with the intellectual property they paid money to acquire. Building a new game from the ground up with a much more modern technology base, that can work. Not to knock on Felipe's original work, but he was one guy at the start, and he had never made a game before. No one could and would expect him to match the work of a studio of trained professionals. And while the game changed greatly over the years, it probably had to keep carrying along legacy cruft. Perhaps a new, clean start is a good thing.

If that sunsets the current game eventually? ...Well, frankly, I have over one thousand hours in it. Even if I had not received it as a gift, I would have considered it money well spent. And time well spent, too. Kerbal Space Program, and the team at Squad, has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. It has been one of my most favorite games ever, and nothing can take that away. Plus, it was one of the foremost early access success stories of the decade. If the torch is to be handed off to a successor, then KSP will not retire into obscurity... it will retire into a well-deserved spot in gaming's hall of fame.

Nah. They were honest "not gameplay", so I totally afford them that. This is an AWESOME intro video if for loading the game. Even if only the 1 time it plays, totally worth it.

The early Alpha footage/images shows they are aiming to meet the feel of the trailer. They are totally above board for that. We only have all the *other* companies scamming with fake gameplay trailers to blame, and not the little honest teams (or big teams?) Like Squad/StarTheory. :)

1 minute ago, UomoCapra said:

We'll let evryone know about the final system requirements as we get closer to the release ;)

What about a future Epic Games Store exclusivity deal? Are the developers/publishers going to take it or are they committing to releasing on several game stores on launch day?

Came completely out of the blue without any prior information at all and now I am desperately scrambling to finish my PC build before it is released.

Something I found interesting was the addition of multiplayer. I thought that Squad said "no multiplayer ever" but this is an interesting new development. Needless to say the game looks incredible from the reveal and I can't wait to see more. 
I was getting so many chills from the trailer :D 

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

6 minutes ago, Omer Ran said:

Is orbital mechanics (i.e. using limited SOIs) going to stay the same or are we going to have real N-body simulation?

The announcement post mentions a pair of binary planets, so there's SOME level of upgrades from the current system. I'd be surprised if it was true N-body, but I'm not gonna rule out being surprised.