Kerbal Space Program 2: Master Post

sh1pman

KSP2 is the VERY BEST gaming announcement of 2019!

THANK YOU, developers!

P.s.: I KNOW it might be too soon for that but, as you guys did with KSP1, please make KSP2 available on GOG as well!

Edited by Cataclism

6 minutes ago, T1mo98 said:

Will the classic parts shown in the trailer be updated to look more like their revamped looks

Nah, let's have the iconic versions. 

These 2 images from the steam page of KSP2 make me particularly excited, it really looks like infrastructure/processing is going to be a thing, and I especially like the grimy industrial feeling of the second pic:

0BTXyi7.jpg

2UPF8ks.jpg

N.B. looks like these pics are from in-game footage, could be wrong though.

EDIT: it also looks like robotics are included based on the rotating habitation ring in the trailer

Edited by Yakuzi

1 minute ago, StarManta said:

The announcement post mentions a pair of binary planets, so there's SOME level of upgrades from the current system. I'd be surprised if it was true N-body, but I'm not gonna rule out being surprised.

I'd be happy enough with a 3-body physics so we can have cool stuff like Lagrange points

1 minute ago, DodoOnTheMün said:

Can i get my crafts that i build in KSP 1 to transfer over to KSP 2? I've made a lot of stock and modded crafts in the over 2000 hours i have in the game and i would find it sad to lose those in the new game.

No, they're making a clean break. If they supported backwards compatibility they wouldn't be able to do half the new stuff they're planning.

28 minutes ago, MD5Ray01 said:

I'm honestly hoping that we don't get Metro Exodus'd and have the game get turned into an EGS exclusive before it launched on Steam.

The game will be released on Steam and other digital storefronts, as well as Xbox Marketplace and PlayStation Store.

All the images look amazing, but I feel like it won't run in my computer with onboard GPU. KSP 1 barely runs on it, but I love it. If it runs on Stadia, graphics shouldn't be a problem for poor computers.

Edited by Starkos

@SQUAD I'm still processing all of this, however if there is one thing I would ask for (even though I know you aren't making KSP 2, but you talk to Star Theory apparently), is that KSP 2 be available to play without an internet connection.  That is one thing that has ruined a lot of games for me.  I travel a lot, and when I bring my gaming laptop with me, KSP is one of the few games I can still play without an internet connection.

In the meantime, I look forward to continuing playing KSP 1.8 and beyond. I salute you. :)

Just now, UomoCapra said:

The game will be released on Steam and other digital storefronts, as well as Xbox Marketplace and PlayStation Store.

That doesn't mean anything. That's what Deep Silver said before accepting Epic's deal and turning Metro into an EGS exclusive days before the official release.

Releasing it on digital storefronts is a thing. But can we expect it to be available on Steam on launch day?

I have a bad feeling about this.