1 minute ago, PTNLemay said:

Things that seem like a sure thing:

• New graphics engine
  • New soundtrack
  • Multiple star systems
  • Interstellar propulsion technology
  • Nuclear pulsed propulsion
  • Nuclear fusion drives
  • Exploring planets that are in the process of colliding (did I understand that right?)

Things I would love to see:

• New phyiscs engine (move beyond PhysX, less bugs, more capabilities, faster/more accurate physical time acceleration).
  • N-body motion, allowing Lagrange points
  • VR support, both for in-flight and in-cockpit views
  • More detailed life-support (optional, need to be able to turn it off if we want), oxygen, food/water.  With technologies necessary to replenish it.  Maybe even greenhouses?
  • Scale-able graphics.  The trailer looked amazing, but I'd love it if we could dial it up or down. So I can run an amazing ray-tracing glamor-fest on my desktop, or have a more simple/cartoony looking one for my laptop.  

Things I would love but that may be too hard to implement

• Multiplayer
  • Scale-able solar systems (have the option to still play at small Kerbal-scale or play on full solar-system scales).
  • Multiple races (new species to chose from instead of just Kerbals).

Just my two-cents.

Multiplayer is already confirmed. Did you read the steam/website page?

I am SO PUMPED about this.

Any implementation of n-space physics? Do we get to put cool bases at Lagrange points?

Edit: A friend and I were discussing this. I guess a full implementation of n-space physics would be a mess, but maybe local body + sun + local satellite effects would be doable. And wouldn't feel like a fudge because the rest of it is usually pretty small.

Edited by Gredalusiam

@N70

I'm still browsing all of the material. 

Well... that's amazing.  That must confirm a new physics engine then, if they feel they will be able to pull that off.  Based on what I remember reading, the way KSP1 did it proper multiplayer was impossible to do without that annoying stuttering.

They talk about discussing solar system physics in the dev video. I hope this won't affect our old favourites, it's long been speculated Minmus would be improbable. But it wouldn't be KSP without that shiny lump of ice cream 

11 minutes ago, N70 said:

I hope the Chinese- I mean Epic Games don't bribe ya'll to make this EGS-exclusive.

At launch, Kerbal Space Program 2 will be released on Steam and other digital storefronts. It won't be a EGS exclusive.

Now I know you're going with Unity, but is it the same exact engine? Will we see major graphical and physics-based improvements over KSP? What really got me excited was in the cinematic trailer, when one of the Kerbals deforms the moon soil with their foot. I know you mentioned in your dev diary you want explosions to be more parts-centric but will we see many more quality of life improvements like terrain deformation, ray tracing, rag doll object destruction (like too much weight crushing a bottom segment of your rocket and deforming the part organically)? 

2 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

At launch, Kerbal Space Program 2 will be released on Steam and other digital storefronts. It won't be a EGS exclusive.

You were literally writing the answer to my thread as I was writing it :D

This is very good to hear.

I had to look at my calendar to make sure it wasn't April first. I couldn't believe it.

Please make it be real.

I'm dreaming here:

I would like stock: no clear atmosphere limits, background station keeping, orbit decay and lagrange points!

Difficulty levels: life support optional. Fuel settling with ullage motors an option. Realistic engines optional (difficulty settings for minimum throttling, number of restarts).

Realistic fuels in option.

Parametric engine design and type (gas generator, pressure fed, staged combustion, etc). 

Closed loop maintenance system for colonies à la Umbra Space Industries with complexity levels in option.

8 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

Hallelujah! Thank you!!

Gonna buy this as soon as it releases!

Also, what about Linux support?

Wonderful news, I fully expected a sequel once T2 bought the IP. 

Trailer looks amazing. I like the colonization stuff, am leery of interstellar, and don't care about multiplayer beyond curiosity about which compromise is used for timewarp. 

Mixed feelings about Squad being shown the door, but then there's not a lot of old school Squad people left. 

I almost always wait for sales for my games but I'm pretty sure this will be a near day zero buy for me. 

Also nice to see @AmpsterMan in a thread, hi stranger! 

12 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

Awesome!

Looking forward for the game and I really hope this decision is maintained.

One thing that would be great is if planetary terrain had more details.

2 minutes ago, Pjkme123 said:

Will KSP2 incorporate some of the best user created mods that where in KSP1... like KIS and KAS, TAC Life support, Kerbal Engeering,  ect.......?

It feels like that will be the case.  You can see on the website that they mention colonies that will "pose their own unique challenges".  It sounds to me like some sort of life support will be involved.

Also in the trailer we saw domes.  

7 minutes ago, ioresult said:

I would like stock: no clear atmosphere limits, background station keeping, orbit decay and lagrange points!

Difficulty levels: life support optional. Fuel settling with ullage motors an option. Realistic engines optional (difficulty settings for minimum throttling, number of restarts).

Realistic fuels in option.

Parametric engine design and type (gas generator, pressure fed, staged combustion, etc). 

Closed loop maintenance system for colonies à la Umbra Space Industries with complexity levels in option.

I'm not sure that would really be best put behind "Difficulty levels". It'd make much more sense to order it under themed "Difficulty presets", like in factorio. Something XML driven too so the community can share their own custom flavours of KSP, maybe even make it part of a challenge. 

Just now, Red Iron Crown said:

Mixed feelings about Squad being shown the door, but then there's not a lot of old school Squad people left. 

I almost always wait for sales for my games but I'm pretty sure this will be a near day zero buy for me. 

Also nice to see @AmpsterMan in a thread, hi stranger! 

Squad's still going to be supporting KSP (original).

And hello to you too! Nice to see ya back, finally. And no, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the OP here. Nothing at all.