Kerbal Space Program 2: Master Post

sh1pman

I have to admit, my initial reaction was one of dismay. After all, there's still so much that can be done with the current game.

Then I watched both of the videos, and realized that my dismay was completely unfounded. KSP2 has already demonstrated a deep respect for its predecessor, and keeps the spirit of the original alive, and even improves on it.

I did wince a bit at that price tag, but... given how much fun I got out of the US$10 I paid for KSP almost 8 years ago, I'm absolutely willing to cough up 6 times that for a new, improved, and absolutely exciting version.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE ORION!!!!

I'm hoping that it isn't too future focused, there's no point in going to the Mun if you already start with nuclear pulse engines and all types of cool stuff. Some of the challenge and the beauty of KSP is building your space program from the ground-up, first doing short hops, then slowly working your way into orbit, etc.

Edited by Cristy2017

Just now, "Our Benefactors" said:

I think they confirmed that's not happening... Can't seem to find it tho

They've confirmed no lootboxes or in-game currency, but they've said nothing about microtransactions or in-game purchases.

I'm actually lost for words at that impressive cinematic trailer, really nice tribute to all that KSP1 has become, but even though I've hinted at it recently I didn't expect an actual sequel announcement yet. Giddy at the possibilities but I hope it lives up to the hype it's inevitably going to have now.

5 minutes ago, Cristy2017 said:

I'm hoping that it isn't too future focused, there's no point in going to the Mun if you already start with nuclear pulse engines and all types of cool stuff. Some of the challenge and the beauty of KSP is building your space program from the ground-up, first doing short hops, then slowly working your way into orbit, etc.

Even if they don't impose another arbitrary tech tree (personally, no thanks), you're still going to have to learn to use those things. Plus, perhaps that's what KSP1 will remain about. It's a sequel, after all.

Edited by Tw1

5 minutes ago, JERONIMO said:

once there will be a pre-order, what would i get for pre ordering it?

You get to play it(Beta) before those who buy it on release date(Full Release), at a guess, or did you want flowers and chocolate too?

If I were known to be a sarcastic snarkster, I might remind certain people of the times I said the only reason Take Two would buy KSP was to make KSP2, and how they vehemently denied such claims.  Since I am an upstanding forum member and not a sarcastic snarkster, I will not say such things.

I'm surprisingly sad (and not because I just bought the first one a couple months ago.)

KSP is not meant to have a sequel. It is a neverending game of amazing possibilities. Skip the trailer hype and what have you got? A shameless perversion of KSP's spirit, made with sci-fi glitter and beautiful music to distract from the the fact that Squad's masterpiece isn't Squad's anymore but a cash grab from T2, exploting the game's 'persevere and succeed' originality in the name of Benjamin Franklin's cold hard dollars.. I'm sorry for being so cynical but this is too much. 

Lovely surprise!

I am just hoping that there's an in-depth career mode progression and more interactive science, not just a right-click menu option. KSP can teach you orbital mechanics and physics without your realizing. I would love if the same approach was taken to other things like astronomy, chemistry, biology, and planetary sciences. 

I did notice a strange lack of unmanned vehicles showcased in the trailer and dev video. Looks like I'll be busy

1 minute ago, ResonantWaves said:

I'm surprisingly sad (and not because I just bought the first one a couple months ago.)

KSP is not meant to have a sequel. It is a neverending game of amazing possibilities. Skip the trailer hype and what have you got? A shameless perversion of KSP's spirit, made with sci-fi glitter and beautiful music to distract from the the fact that Squad's masterpiece isn't Squad's anymore but a cash grab from T2, exploting the game's 'persevere and succeed' originality in the name of Benjamin Franklin's cold hard dollars.. I'm sorry for being so cynical but this is too much. 

The issue becomes continuing to provide new features and more possiblities on what is now several year old base code. By doing a complete overhaul and creating a second title, they are able to improve the game in ways they were unable to improve the original.

Intersteller, MP, and $60?

That's a hard pass.

The graphics look amazing (assuming those actually are gameplay, and not just pre-renders), but that and what's listed is not worth the price tag to me.

If the performance is significantly better for crafts, I might revisit it in a few years time.

Oh, and it's not Squad. Never heard of this other game studio before. (Ok, this last bit is mostly for nostalgia ;.;)

Edited by Phoenix84

I'm pretty excited for this. KSP with some much needed ground-up bug fixes would be enough for me to want this. I get the sense from what I saw in the trailer as well as the dev post that many of the beloved huge mods that added mechanics like colonization, life support, and cooler late game propulsion etc. are being mostly folded into the main game. This is cool, and IMO exactly what KSP needs. But I'd like to know about some of the simpler mods for the game which at this point in my many years of playing the game are to me basic game functions. Would love to see some be folded into the base game for the sake of simplicity and cleaner implementation.

There are a few things I have pretty much always modded into my games for as long as these mods have been available:

-Precise Maneuvers (believe me I know how nice the maneuver system is already compared to before it existed, I've played since the VAB looked like the diner from attack of the clones)
-Transfer Window Planning
-Kerbal Alarm Clock
-Docking assist tools like the alignment indicator on the navball and the camera
-Kerbal Engineer
-Mods that track science and let you deploy things easily
-More/Outer Planets (from the looks of the trailer there is a Saturn lookalike already?)
-More default action groups, Like press P to open all solar panels etc.
-Life support (there is clearly some sort of life support for colonies, but I'd like to know more about how that actually works?)

There are many more features which deserve to be added to the base game and I wonder if that's part of your plan for KSP2. Are you guys actually trying to build things similar to the mods that add these features, or do they just happen to be where you wanted to go next with development?

Hi. DEVS, just wanted to let you know that there are issues with polish translation of the steam game description. All of it feels weird, I don't think the person translating the text knows what he/she is talking about.
1. First sentence says that KSP 2 is a sequel to KSP which was created by Star Theory, which is of course not true.
2. "Improved onboarding" was translated like "more interesting beginning" and it doesn't make much sense.
3. Later in the text it also says that players will be delighted to take on a challenge of constructing new engines, parts, fuels etc instead of "Players will be delighted and challenged by next-generation engines(...)". Obviously we won't be creating engines ourselves.