Kerbal Space Program 2: Master Post

sh1pman

5 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Well, the cinematic trailer seems to show crews of three, with a kerbelle (presumably Valentina). So one of the original three will probably be relegated to the astronaut’s complex. Or Bob the science guy will be left bobbing in the ocean near the Island Airfield.  

Jeb is the hero. He’s not going anywhere except up....

IDK, remember the 1.0 trailer also just showed a crew of 3. Come to think of it, I've never seen all 4 together in any official stuff. Could be wrong on that, though.

And yeah... you just can't have KSP without Jeb. He is staying, no doubt.

Edited by ThatGuyWithALongUsername

9 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I'm curious then if there's anything someone could say that would assuage you or @kithylin ? It seems that there isn't, which makes me wonder the use of asking.

Literally almost every game anyone could want that has been announced within the past 24 months has been "gobbled up" by epic and locked in to their craptastic steaming pile of poo that they dare attempt to call it a "Store", we gamers seriously have to step back and pause and take very careful consideration where we spend our money now. This is the new PC gaming environment. 

EDIT: wow stupid forum software.. repeat my post 8 times why don't you. *fixed*

Edited by kithylin

11 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I'm curious then if there's anything someone could say that would assuage you or @kithylin ? It seems that there isn't, which makes me wonder the use of asking.

For the same reason you responded to my post.  Nothing will really come of it, but sometimes it's good to make your feelings known to the other party.

8 minutes ago, kithylin said:

Literally almost every game anyone could want that has been announced within the past 24 months has been "gobbled up" by epic and locked in to their craptastic steaming pile of poo that they dare attempt to call it a "Store", we gamers seriously have to step back and pause and take very careful consideration where we spend our money now. This is the new PC gaming environment. 

EDIT: wow stupid forum software.. repeat my post 8 times why don't you. *fixed*

So there is literally nothing anybody can say. You will therefore need to wait until the game is released to know.

My wishlist for KSP 2:

• Its on Steam
  • Linux support
  • Linux joystick support (unlike current KSP where you need AFBW to have joystick support but it used to work)
  • Better input management for mods so that MechJeb, AtmosphericAutopilot, default SAS and throttle, and AFBW and other autopilot mods doesn't fight for the throttle and axis control and no workarounds like a checkbox in AFBW for AtmosphericAutopilot compatibility is needed
  • Ingame keyboard + joystick binding so you don't need to go back to main menu to rebind things
  • Extensible MFDs like RPM or MAS
  • Better modding documentation

Some good things :

• KSPI level interstellar drives (and warp drive too, but if its not there its fine)  and resource management and acquisition
  • First person mode and HUD (both EVA and IVA)
  • Walkable IVA
Edited by Aghanim

56 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Lol.

So they're having it for console as well?

Can't even fix this game's console version so they're expecting us to buy a new one and hope for the best that it's not just like the old one?

:v 

KSP 1 had issues on console because it wasn't originally built with console support in mind.  Building a new game from scratch lets them avoid that problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_debt

Eight years ago, I saw a video showcasing a strange game featuring simple rocket-building where you actually had to respect the laws of physics to get anywhere.  I threw my lot in with that game and became an early backer of it, the only time I have ever done so.  I do not and never have regretted that decision.  This announcement has left me quite happy indeed, as it means that that strange game which won me over in late 2011 has become something far greater than I could ever have imagined.  As Scott Manley implored you, please don't screw this up.

7 minutes ago, SilverlightPony said:

KSP 1 had issues on console because it wasn't originally built with console support in mind.  Building a new game from scratch lets them avoid that problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_debt

They tried it with the first version, a huge failure.

The second version, Enhanced Edition, was good at first but has now completely been abandoned.

How can we even trust that they'll make a decent KSP 2 console version?

9 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

So there is literally nothing anybody can say. You will therefore need to wait until the game is released to know.

That's all I'm trying to say here. I would advise folks heed caution. Wait, watch, see where the game will be released before throwing money at it. Then once we know exactly where and what platform it will release on, then take careful consideration if we want to spend money on said game or not. To some of us, $60 is a lot of money. That's 2 months of spare money aside from expenses I can spend on luxury items (like computer games) for me personally.

1 minute ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

The second version, Enhanced Edition, was good at first but has now completely been abandoned.

Squad is not making KSP2 a different company is.

Just now, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Enhanced Edition was still based on the old code base.  KSP 2 is built from scratch.

Also, different dev team.  Make of that what you will.

Time to wait and see about the Epic thing, If that turns out true then I'll just wait.  It is a business decision we can't make, and it would be a win for the developer and the fans who don't care about the Epic Storefront. 

BUT the 'gaming' part of this new game looks awesome. And when it is sold in a place other than the Epic Storefront, I'll buy it then. 

With mods KSP 1 has plenty of gaming legs left with me until then. 

1 minute ago, kithylin said:

That's all I'm trying to say here. I would advise folks heed caution. Wait, watch, see where the game will be released before throwing money at it. Then once we know exactly where and what platform it will release on, then take careful consideration if we want to spend money on said game or not. To some of us, $60 is a lot of money. That's 2 months of spare money aside from expenses I can spend on luxury items (like computer games) for me personally.

I guess I just forget that's not something everybody just does by default. I mean, I've still not bought Mass Effect Andromeda because it's only on Origin, and Just Cause 4 because the reviews are so bad I don't want to even spend the $20 it was on sale for during the Steam Summer Sale. But then there's people who shoveled cash at Microsoft and Squad to get KSP on consoles when it was painfully obvious to me that any port would at best be a shadow of what we play on PC, and at worst... well it'd be what was actually released.

1 minute ago, SilverlightPony said:

Enhanced Edition was still based on the old code base.  KSP 2 is built from scratch.

Also, different dev team.  Make of that what you will.

I'm hoping this one doesn't abandon the game when it's too time consuming to actually work on the bugs to make it playable. 

If you pay for something, you expect it to work. It's like I spent 50$ on a bad april fool's joke, twice

3 hours ago, RoverDude said:

NDA, sorry

Yeah well- If you're NOT on the team, they better be compensating you.  Because as soon as I read about the planetary colony system, I knew right away that it is what you intended the MKS system to be.

1 hour ago, kithylin said:

I would strongly suggest you hold your horses on that thought. Some companies have even accepted pre-orders for steam versions of the game and then later gone epic exclusive and then refusing to refund pre-orders (mech warrior 5). You may possibly buy a pre-order version today and then have to wait 1 year to be able to play it, (or possibly completely lose money and never even get any copy of the game at all.) for example.

hince my post. i need to spend my mw5 refund somewhere. 

shutupandtakemymoneydotgif

Edited by Nuke

10 minutes ago, kithylin said:

Logically speaking, we can only spend money on it after there's a buying option, and by then we would have known what store ksp2 would be on wouldn't we;)

1 minute ago, Some_stranger said:

I think mods should pin all the dev responses here.  Some people are worried about EGS.  A dev has already said it's releasing on steam for 59.99$.

Sorry, it's not possible in the forum software to pin individual posts, even though that would make things easier.

You'll just have to keep posting the link to the comment. :/