Kerbal Space Program 2: Master Post

sh1pman

8 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

... lens flares are in a lot of cinematic shots.

The only reason they're in movies ("cinematic shots") is because they're impossible to prevent. If it was possible to avoid them, Hollywood would have done so decades ago. It's yet another way that Hollywood has distorted reality.. to the point that now people actually expect/want them. Kinda sad, really.

Edited by JAFO

I have two reactions right now

Spoiler

and

Spoiler

I really did not want to pay for another version of KSP, and have all of these mods need to be re-coded which will ruin the experience completely no-matter what the dev team does. Thank being said the cinematic trailer looks pretty good. I doubt it will run on my laptop as it already take 15 minutes to load with mods but oh well I guess. 

3 minutes ago, mystik said:

60 USD for a rehashed version of KSP? That's the price of AAA games. This is definitely not it. You could have made HD texture in the current one and add atmospheric and lighting effects. What's the matter? Did the sales of the original drop so low that you need to go the Activision way, by rehashing the same idea over and over again to artificially boost revenue? Looking into turning this into the next Call of Duty? You haven't even ironed out the old KSP by the looks of the bugtracker. I would only pay 20 USD (full price) for this game especially given the track record of laziness of the KSP team in implementing useful mods in the game. Until I see a reasonable pricing or you give a significant discount to the users that already bought the original and all its DLC and stop this insane pricing I think I leave this one for "sailing the high seas".

I didn't ever plan on ever posting on this forum again. To post this I had to accept a warning point from Vanamonde for calling someone a fanboi, which is an insult only for those that really want to feel insulted and search for any pathetic excuse, so I guess feelings over facts is more important for the lesser ones. Anyways, I made my point, if you push this ridiculous price for a rehashed version of KSP you will lose me as a paying customer.

Squad isn't the one setting the price. It's Project Division more than likely. So don't blame Squad. 

Also, KSP2 is going to have a lot more than KSP1, new parts, new solar systems, new everything. It's not just a rehash. 

Now, I agree, 60 bucks is a little much, especially for an indy game, but that's no reason to go bad mouthing Squad, who for all terms and purposes, are not responsible for KSP2. If you want to complain, to talk to Take-Two or Star Theory or Project Division, the REAL reasons the price is 60 bucks. Complaining to Squad will do nothing. 

5 minutes ago, JAFO said:

The only reason they're in movies ("cinematic shots") is because they're impossible to prevent. If it was possible to avoid them, Hollywood would have done so decades ago. It's yet another way that Holywood has distorted reality.. to the point that people actually expect/want them. Kinda sad, really.

They could edit out lens flares in editing, or heck, most movies are shot on green screen these days, at least sci-fi ones. Lens flare is added in during editing. It can be stopped, but it looks good, so Hollywood keeps doing it. 

8 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

who for all terms and purposes, are not responsible for KSP2.

They're not? Then why are they promoting a competing game development studio? You think Squad isn't raking in the cash for the sale of the idea to another studio?

It's so lazy too. Using the same boring ass Unity engine. Wanna bet that the same developers will be working on KSP2? Because I think if that was not the case you'd have some proper developers working on something more modern, like Unreal, which seems that is something even amateur developers can work with but not the developers of KSP, no matter which studio it is. There are some gems made in Unreal engine. But KSP remains to the old and outdated Unity.

You know what, I broke my promise and replied again, I promise to be the last one here because I really don't like the new KSP idea at 60 USD after paying that amount already on the original game and DLC only to be asked the same price just for the initial game, not counting the future releases of DLC. No thank you, either offer proper discounts for veterans or it's sailing the high seas for this one as far as I'm concerned. So the devs have to decide whether they want to make some money or no money from my side. I'm willing to pay for my games, but I'm not willing to be insulted or taken for a fool that can't tell the difference between a deal and ripoff.

Edited by mystik

4 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Now, I agree, 60 bucks is a little much, especially for an indy game, but that's no reason to go bad mouthing Squad, who for all terms and purposes, are not responsible for KSP2. If you want to complain, to talk to Take-Two or Star Theory or Project Division, the REAL reasons the price is 60 bucks. Complaining to Squad will do nothing. 

$59.99 and you have a deal ;) 

Edited by Cheif Operations Director

18 minutes ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

I wish that they said something about DRM in the developer video, so I didn't have to go on not knowing whether or not the game will contain it until launch

Hopefully since it's released on Steam, Steamworks DRM will be all they use.  Of course, quite a few Steam integration features will break when you run the game without a license on Steam so DRM would clearly not be necessary.

14 minutes ago, CatDog said:

Here is simulation of Kerbol System with N-Body physics.

The main problem with N-body, that Jool system too small. In trailer we saw a bigger Kerbin, so we can expact that Kerbal Systerm will be bigger than in original KSP.

Another avidence of N-body is two planets Rask and Rusk. They are too close for 1-body physics, so I guess we'll be able to fly betwen two center of mass.

I don't know if they will use full n-body physics, or on-rail plotted.  However, either way.

I hope they add all sorts of data to research and collect for those that want to do real science and model the atmosphere, climate changes over long spans, maybe study far solar system formation through reverse analysis of orbits. Less of the 'press a button' to get science and more of the research kind.

This game invites people curiosity to delve into areas not previously explored and it would be good for those efforts to be rewarded with specific data

Edited by cyberKerb

14 minutes ago, mystik said:

-snipped text that people won't like-

Careful, people 'round here don't like that type of attitude. Now please present your Hype Ticket© to the man at the counter.

I'd like to see a bit more realism:

ullage, limited relights depending on tech, maximum burn times, lagrange points, saturating reaction wheels, more realistic reentry heating, improved science and better aerodynamics

And some easier bits:

An ingame way of building encounters so we can figure out slingshot courses etc without external tools, programmable autopilot for autonomous landings and booster recoveries, built in alarm clock and an ingame delta-v map

7 minutes ago, Ruedii said:

Hopefully since it's released on Steam, Steamworks DRM will be all they use.  Of course, quite a few Steam integration features will break when you run the game without a license on Steam so DRM would clearly not be necessary.

Anyone who knows anything about KSP's files knows that steam integration is virtually nonexistent. Many users to this day do not run the game through Steam at all. Considering this game is being released on other digital storefronts, Steam is highly unlikely to be hosting their servers, so I highly doubt that Steam would be enough. Now that I think about it I'm starting to feel pretty stupid for even considering the possibility of this game not having DRM because 1. Take Two and 2. the way the multiplayer is going to have to work is pretty much going to guarantee the presence of Denuvo.

Also epic store exclusivity is pretty much guaranteed, just look at private division's other games. They're the ones who jumped for this business to begin with via Outer Worlds.

Edited by Autolyzed Yeast Extract

19 minutes ago, mystik said:

60 USD for a rehashed version of KSP? That's the price of AAA games. This is definitely not it. You could have made HD texture in the current one and add atmospheric and lighting effects. What's the matter? Did the sales of the original drop so low that you need to go the Activision way, by rehashing the same idea over and over again to artificially boost revenue? Looking into turning this into the next Call of Duty? You haven't even ironed out the old KSP by the looks of the bugtracker. I would only pay 20 USD (full price) for this game especially given the track record of laziness of the KSP team in implementing useful mods in the game. Until I see a reasonable pricing or you give a significant discount to the users that already bought the original and all its DLC and stop this insane pricing I think I leave this one for "sailing the high seas".

I didn't ever plan on ever posting on this forum again. To post this I had to accept a warning point from Vanamonde for calling someone a fanboi, which is an insult only for those that really want to feel insulted and search for any lame excuse to feel insulted, so I guess feelings over facts is more important for the lesser ones. Anyways, I made my point, if you push this ridiculous price for a rehashed version of KSP you will lose me as a paying customer.

You must be fun at parties.

10 minutes ago, mystik said:

They're not? Then why are they promoting a competing game development studio? You think Squad isn't raking in the cash for the sale of the idea to another studio?

Except their not. Project Division (Take-Two), who now owns Squad, so PD owns the license and rights to KSP, probably was approached by Star Theory and okayed the development of KSP2. 

Now, Squad is talking with Star Theory, but Squad I assume is just there for talks and creative criticism. So Star Theory is not a rivaling company. If anything, they're a ally company. 

8 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

In all seriousness $60 is a bit pricey so in exchange the devs should keep DLC's down to a minimum 

True, but thinking about it, it's probably so that everyone gets a cut of the money. Take-two, Squad and Star Theory. 

2 minutes ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

Anyone who knows anything about KSP's files knows that steam integration is virtually nonexistent. Many users to this day do not run the game through Steam at all. Considering this game is being released on other digital storefronts, Steam is highly unlikely to be hosting their servers, so I highly doubt that Steam would be enough. Now that I think about it I'm starting to feel pretty stupid for even considering the possibility of this game not having DRM because 1. Take Two and 2. the way the multiplayer is going to have to work is pretty much going to guarantee the presence of Denuvo.

Also epic store exclusivity is pretty much guaranteed, just look at private division's other games. They're the ones who jumped for this business to begin with via Outer Worlds.

Squad is firmly saying that KSP2 will NOT be Epic Exclusive. Of course, we've heard that argument before. 

Edited by GoldForest

7 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Squad is firmly saying that KSP2 will NOT be Epic Exclusive. Of course, we've heard that argument before.

First of all, they have yet to say this officially. If they have, all previous evidence of them saying this has been deleted thus far, or it was someone making memes.

Second of all
Exclusive Bois who lied about exclusivity and don't refund steam preorders: Exist
Your argument: Invalid
I'm just saying that the game is 98% likely going to go exclusive at some point regardless of what they say now. I really only care about the DRM it contains, which sadly nobody else appears to be mentioning.
If it has none, I'm perfectly happy waiting for it to come to Steam.

1 minute ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

First of all, they have yet to say this officially. If they have, all previous evidence of them saying this has been deleted thus far, or it was someone making memes.

Second of all
Exclusive Bois who lied about exclusivity and don't refund steam preorders: Exist
Your argument: Invalid

Like I said, we've heard the "We're not going exclusive" argument before, so I'm adamant to trust the rumors. 

People, please ask about DRM instead of asking for epic exclusivity, DRM is much more important as it directly and harshly affects playability and moddability.
At worst, we can wait an extra year, which is probably better as modders need time to learn the new game. DRM, however, is a permanent problem.
That doesn't mean you shouldn't ask about and discourage exclusivity. :wink:

35 minutes ago, mystik said:

60 USD for a rehashed version of KSP? That's the price of AAA games.

It's the price of a good game. KSP is a good game. And with all the steam sales, that price will drop very often. There's a sale for every season and then some.
Do what you like, but the devs have already confirmed no microtransactions, which just in itself is a selling point for me. I personally won't be buying it until a sale or if the game gets amazing reviews. 

5 minutes ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

People, please ask about DRM instead of asking for epic exclusivity, DRM is much more important as it directly and harshly affects playability and moddability.
At worst, we can wait an extra year, which is probably better as modders need time to learn the new game. DRM, however, is a permanent problem.
That doesn't mean you shouldn't ask about and discourage exclusivity. :wink:

It's Take-Two. Nuff said. Though, Star Theory claims to be an independent game dev studio... then again, Private Division is the publisher...