Kerbal Space Program 2: Master Post

sh1pman

10 minutes ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

I don't know.  I would assume that the percentages are roughly the same.

Given how KSP resonates with the geeky mindset I don't believe that there aren't relatively more Linux users in the KSP userbase than in the general Steam userbase.

It would be O.K. (not great, but O.K.) for me if it was a purely economic decision. But I'm afraid that there is also a certain level of "mental laziness" involved (in particular with the big companies). "We did it like this all the time, why change it." "If it is fine for Borderlands 42, why do it differently for KSP 2?"

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

Nobody's talking about the really big story, here.

In KSP2 the sun will officially be named Kerbol.

That's enough for me to want to not buy it right there.

No problem - add a Sun/Kerbol toggle in the game settings. It could go right under the ‘level of micro transactions’ slider and the ‘clear all mods’ button. ;)

3 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Coming from someone who has recently made comments to others to the effect of not getting stressed out over minor irrelevancies, that's kind of...  amusing.

And it's not like it (presumably) can't very easily be modded to whatever you prefer.

20 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Coming from someone who has recently made comments to others to the effect of not getting stressed out over minor irrelevancies, that's kind of...  amusing.

And it's not like it (presumably) can't very easily be modded to whatever you prefer.

I believe that post was sarcasm, lol.

I believe that KSP2 could evolve into 2 kinds of games

1: A glorified version of KSP

2: An entirely new game similar to KSP

I don't want KSP2 to just be a glorified version of KSP1 because what is the point in buying it?

What I would like in KSP2 is something that retains the same spirit of KSP1, but is different enough  so that is worth buying

(But still can't wait until KSP2 launches!:D)

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

Well my tongue is planted quite firmly in my cheek there. It won't actually keep me from buying the game.

Also, it's a fact I garnered from several sources of official information about the game, as opposed to random speculation.

5 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Is this a joke? ;)

It's gonna have multiple star systems... actually... well, in my Sci-Fi I'd have people in space rename the "sun" to "sol" to avoid confusion when orbiting "a *sun*". But people on Earth would just call it "the sun" because they'd not be looking at stella maps unless working at "stellar maps R us Co". :)

Something I haven't seen much info on: does KSP2 come packaged with all the content that's in both DLCs for KSP1?

Because I've become accustomed to having certain parts from both and it would be a "2 steps forward, 1 step back" kind of scenario if KSP2 didn't come with everything KSP1 has to offer plus new stuff exclusive to KSP2.

As of right now, I'm operating under the assumption that KSP2 is the entirety of KSP1 with all the fancy new colonization, interstellar stuff, and maybe a graphical and mechanical overhaul added in.

17 minutes ago, That John said:

the trailer literally makes me cry.

also, will polish language be supported in ksp 2?

Maybe........

50 minutes ago, Greenfire32 said:

Something I haven't seen much info on: does KSP2 come packaged with all the content that's in both DLCs for KSP1?

Because I've become accustomed to having certain parts from both and it would be a "2 steps forward, 1 step back" kind of scenario if KSP2 didn't come with everything KSP1 has to offer plus new stuff exclusive to KSP2.

As of right now, I'm operating under the assumption that KSP2 is the entirety of KSP1 with all the fancy new colonization, interstellar stuff, and maybe a graphical and mechanical overhaul added in.

It may be like this:

1: The docs may be merged with the game

2: It's SQUAD's idea

15 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Here is an official quote from KSP twitter. It is getting tiring to keep hearing if there will be micro-transactions

ECf7xKnXYAEC-jv.jpg

mul·ti·tude
/ˈməltəˌt(y)o͞od/
noun
a large number.

It will keep being asked until it's answered.
By your posted pic. The answer is 'There might be, but not too many.'

2 hours ago, Ratwerke_Actual said:
mul·ti·tude
/ˈməltəˌt(y)o͞od/
noun
a large number.

It will keep being asked until it's answered.
By your posted pic. The answer is 'There might be, but not too many.'

Read the intent, not the words. The people writing that aren’t lawyers, so stop analyzing it like they are.  

Edited by MechBFP

3 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Read the intent, not the words. The people writing that aren’t lawyers, so stop analyzing it like they are.  

They haven’t denied that it’s going the be a first-person shooter game either, so we’re forced to assume that’s what it’s going to be, right?

I’m glad someone brought up the micro-transactions though, it’s about time!

Hey btw is this forum the official venue for feedback and conversation about about KSP2? They mentioned how much they appreciated the community built up around KSP1 but I haven't seen anyone from Star Theory chime in here, just the Squad folks.

Edited by Pthigrivi

1 minute ago, Pthigrivi said:

Hey btw is this forum the official venue for feedback and conversation about about KSP2? They mentioned how much they appreciated the community built up around KSP1 but I haven't seen anyone from Star Theory chime in here, just the Squad folks.

The SQUAD folks posting in here may not be part of the Star.Theory dev team, but their job (particularly those with the title "community manager" or something along those lines) is specifically to stay in touch with us, and they definitely have some level of communication with the Star.Theory guys.

5 minutes ago, hello there said:

I don't see anything there saying that it won't be a FPS.

Personally, I think we should all just panic over what might happen, and throw out useless speculation regarding what will or won't be in the game, multiplayer, microtransactions, DLC, bugs, and everything else.  That way, we'll have something to do while we wait for any actual information to get worked up over.

5 minutes ago, SilverlightPony said:

The SQUAD folks posting in here may not be part of the Star.Theory dev team, but their job (particularly those with the title "community manager" or something along those lines) is specifically to stay in touch with us, and they definitely have some level of communication with the Star.Theory guys.

Cool. Didn't know if there was a plan in place to make a new official forum or if this one would serve both projects going forward. I actually quite agree Squad has been super receptive to community feedback and I hope that continues with KSP2.

10 hours ago, Technical Ben said:

Is this a joke? ;)

It's gonna have multiple star systems... actually... well, in my Sci-Fi I'd have people in space rename the "sun" to "sol" to avoid confusion when orbiting "a *sun*". But people on Earth would just call it "the sun" because they'd not be looking at stella maps unless working at "stellar maps R us Co". :)

It could be called Sun. Or Sün. Or Suhn. Or Johnny. My problem isn't that it has a name. My problem is that the name is Kerbol. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to my brain.

Edited by 5thHorseman

10 hours ago, CursedLight said:

Given the little gameplay footage in the IGN video, extra launch sites are in the base game.

Was talking about the KSP DLC, not the KSP 2 trailer