Kerbal Space Program 2: Master Post

sh1pman

Is anyone already planning out what and where their space colonies are going to be? If it's possible (and I know it probably won't be, but still, fingers crossed) I want to have a big O'Neill Cylinder station in Munar orbit, and another big colony in Jool orbit.

Looking forward to seeing what the decision on life support will be.  I like to play as realistic as possible and I'm wondering how many others want life support in base game as well.

Edited by garithmar

6 hours ago, Not_torvalds said:

Will there be any plans for Linux Support in the future?

They have answered this one already. It's not the answer you want but it's likely not going to change until they launch for Windows.

The answer is "We are not doing it now but want to in the future."

Unity is a good engine for shipping to multiple platforms so I wonder why it was not a priority to maintain the ability to support as many users as possible?

Because programming is hard. Game programming is harder. Game programming on multiple platforms is crazy hard. Releasing all of those on the same day is crazy freaky hard.

I really hope this is something the team is considering as it is really important to me. 

I really expect it's high on the list once they get PC out the door. Maybe right after Macs, but likely at the same time. However, I don't speak for them so you'll have to wait until they announce it.

Edited by 5thHorseman

I'm a PC gamer who uses an xbox controller on my laptop for certain games- racing games, sports games, etc. The joystick feels more authentic than the strict up-down-left-right of "wasd" (depending on the task at hand, of course). Will KSP2 for PC be compatible with controllers like that? 

2 hours ago, razark said:

You misspelled "William Shatner".

Actually the song was written by both Bernie Taupin and Elton John....

In MY opinion, William Shatner performed this song in an ugly way. Nothing in particular against him, I just don't liked the way he performed this song....  

It is hard to argue when topic is musical taste, mainly because there is no right or wrong but personal tastes :)

6 minutes ago, dtondo said:

Actually the song was written by both Bernie Taupin and Elton John....

Was referring to the performance, not the author.

6 minutes ago, dtondo said:

In MY opinion, William Shatner performed this song in an ugly way.

Spoiler

93O5Abp.jpg

Well after reading several announcements and watching several videos / interviews about Kerbal 2, most of my reservations ( not that there were all that many ) have disappeared. The creators are KSP players along with being developers and they seem to get what KSP is about. I am one of those that only play KSP in Career mode ( my style of play ) and love that it will be at least somewhat included, folded into the Science path. I prefer progression and working toward a future and working on specific missions. I like the challenges. 

I am very much looking forward to the release, and I hope you put quality ahead of schedule. I wont mind release dates moving, but I will mind a less than expected experience. 

Best of luck to the developers

21 hours ago, dtondo said:

Plus we can organize the beta testers community. Is there a signing list? 

Well sign me the bloody hell up if there is.

Plus i just received a BSc in game design, so if anything i'm very qualified for that.  :wink: :wink:

Edited by mattihase

On 9/2/2019 at 10:14 PM, garithmar said:

can we get fake Lagrange points?

Possibly. They stated in one of their interviews that the orbital mechanics of non Kerbol systems will be different than those of Kerbol. They wanted scenarios where landing different solar system to be a unique challenge. I'm guessing not N-body but possibly 3 or 4 body.

can a developer tell me what program is being used here from KSP2 developer video? I think its unity but not sure. looks like terrain/pqs modeling? Is the terrain a voxel terrain? Would be a good idea for mining or underground shelters away from solar radiation. And at 8:38 in the video he is zooming out from a planet i can see the PQS working. Voxel terrain would be super awesome.

ysYXbMn.jpg

this guy ^ also has tutorials on how he did it

Edited by Redneck