Kerbal Space Program 2: Master Post

sh1pman

I hope "beyond the original Kerbolar System" :rep: I can find the solar system (Real Solar System). maybe like a patch? How do you like this idea?  (from where did cucumbers originate on Earth? :D)

ps: and don’t forget about comets, please! :prograde: make the game longer, but as good as possible!  

• 5 weeks later...

I am so excited about being able to colonize planets in the stock game. I love the challenge of flying a hydroponics and devices to melt ice into oxygen, water, and fuel, etc.  I've been watching the National Geographic series, "Mars" and its making me more excited about Kerbal 2.

I just hope the resource management is more like, "You have to land a hydroponics, an ice-melter, a device that purifies the water, a device that turns that water into breathable air and fuel, a habitat, (and more!) and a device to provide power for it all, to get a certain number of SNACKS per/time. Or something like.

I really hope they don't forget about sandbox mod for people who want that, or a watered down career mode that doesn't require resource management for those who want to play Kerbal 1 Career Mode in Kerbal 2's new graphics and parts and such. Personally, I'm looking forward to the challenge of getting heavy payloads to distant planets to colonize them, but I know a lot of people love Kerbal for just chilling and mild-challenges.

Oh, and I hope they have a career mode where milestones are automatic, and don't require me to check into the mission room to take them.

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 6:43 PM, Sasuga said:

I really hope they don't forget about sandbox mod for people who want that, or a watered down career mode that doesn't require resource management for those who want to play Kerbal 1 Career Mode in Kerbal 2's new graphics and parts and such. Personally, I'm looking forward to the challenge of getting heavy payloads to distant planets to colonize them, but I know a lot of people love Kerbal for just chilling and mild-challenges.

My ideal career mode would not necessarily be watered-down...  it would be the standard career mode with one exception.

I want a "Skunkworks" option where I can build something in sandbox and then purchase it for use in career mode (before the tech is actually available).  Each part that is undiscovered tech would cause the price of the part to be jacked up like 5x or 10x as an experimental part.  ...and then I have the craft to use, but if I can't recover/reuse it... I lose the parts.  Similar to how those "test this part" missions work. 

This might let me use a favorite spaceplane design in career mode (at a very high cost) to accomplish certain missions for science and funds, but also heavily incentivize me to land the craft carefully and build other stuff to refuel/reload because the thing is too darn expensive to justify using for only one mission.  Might let me use the RAPIERs in experimental craft mode before I actually have unlocked the part via science. 

I think I could refuel, reload, and reuse a spaceplane about 5x before the kraken started to dismantle it.

Edited by XLjedi

On 25 de octubre de 2019 at 2:13 PM, Delay said:

I would like at least the Sun-Earth-Moon system as an easter egg in the game!

That would be cool. Quick, find the guys that work in star theory and tell them this is a microsoft level easter egg

On 25 de octubre de 2019 at 2:20 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

And have a Saturn V be launched just as you get into orbit

Well the 50th anniversary of apollo D class missions is 2020.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2019 at 7:05 AM, XLjedi said:

My ideal career mode would not necessarily be watered-down...  it would be the standard career mode with one exception.

I want a "Skunkworks" option where I can build something in sandbox and then purchase it for use in career mode (before the tech is actually available).  Each part that is undiscovered tech would cause the price of the part to be jacked up like 5x or 10x as an experimental part.  ...and then I have the craft to use, but if I can't recover/reuse it... I lose the parts.  Similar to how those "test this part" missions work. 

This might let me use a favorite spaceplane design in career mode (at a very high cost) to accomplish certain missions for science and funds, but also heavily incentivize me to land the craft carefully and build other stuff to refuel/reload because the thing is too darn expensive to justify using for only one mission.  Might let me use the RAPIERs in experimental craft mode before I actually have unlocked the part via science. 

I think I could refuel, reload, and reuse a spaceplane about 5x before the kraken started to dismantle it.

That sounds super neat. I'd love that.

I love that they've said that the game will involve modding, but I'm hoping that for the experience I want it will require as few mods as possible. So far they've said the Kerbol system will be the same as in KSP1, and that there will be no FTL drives. So if that's the case I'll be looking for a KSP2 version of the Outer Planets Mod and an very-late-tech Alcubierre drive, and hopefully that will be it. So excited. Not eve upset it's been delayed, Make it right, not quick.

Hype-Hype-Hyper- HYPETRAIN. Somebody make a video of themselves launching a train model into space, but make sure that it has the ability to go faster, so the hype train can pick up members or speed!!!

On 11/27/2019 at 2:05 PM, XLjedi said:

Cooooooool idea, send it to the devs of KSP 2!!

22 hours ago, Mikenike said:

Cooooooool idea, send it to the devs of KSP 2!!

The more folks keep quoting and bumping my replies, the more likely KSP2 devs might actually see it.  

Appreciate your efforts to further promote the idea!

On 12/13/2019 at 7:19 AM, XLjedi said:

The more folks keep quoting and bumping my replies, the more likely KSP2 devs might actually see it.  

Appreciate your efforts to further promote the idea!

True, but I don’t think that Star theory has an account, or any of their devs for that matter, but I bet they will have accounts soon. No problem, anything for a forum member with great ideas!

1 minute ago, Mikenike said:

True, but I don’t think that Star theory has an account, or any of their devs for that matter, but I bet they will have accounts soon. No problem, anything for a forum member with great ideas!

I doubt there's anyway I could contact them...  unless they reach out to me.

On 11/30/2019 at 9:13 AM, έķ νίĻĻάίή said:

if the original kerbals are not jeb, bill, val and bob, I swear...

If they do not, imagine the outrage for it.... People would be mad to say the least.

1 minute ago, XLjedi said:

I doubt there's anyway I could contact them...  unless they reach out to me.

Try going to their website, if they have that, and I am sure we can contact them with these ideas, heck, why don’t we send them links for this thread and the Hopes and wishes thread!

On 11/30/2019 at 4:13 PM, έķ νίĻĻάίή said:

if the original kerbals are not jeb, bill, val and bob, I swear...

How should that work? KSP 1 will be developed in parallel to KSP 2. They will be competing companies! Since Jeb, Bill, Val and Bob are working for the original KSP, they will not be able to work for KSP 2 as well. Maybe KSP 2 will be staffed by their kids? Maybe there will be an option that your astronauts might be headhunted by the other company. Maybe you will be able to buy Jeb and Val from KSP 1?

19 minutes ago, dr.phees said:

How should that work?

In the same way each of us, on each of our KSP games, has a set of Jeb, Bill, Val, and Bob for each of them.  Same will apply to KSP 2.

2 hours ago, Jacke said:

In the same way each of us, on each of our KSP games, has a set of Jeb, Bill, Val, and Bob for each of them. 

My Jeb is the only real Jeb! Yours are all cheap impersonators!

6 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

That's how the heresies begin.

(Requests Horus Kerman, the only true Jeb of all Jebs.)

Alas, there has been much Heresy!  So much, so bad, it needs to be capitalized!

Horus Kerman has fallen to Chaos!

CLEANSE AND BURN!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Can we get a "flight simulator" so that we can test our landers in a safe environment without having to spend the time to get to the celestial body we want to test them in?  IE instead of using hyperedit in KSP1 to teleport to an orbit, have a building that you can test crafts in before hand.