Kerbal Space Program 2: Master Post

sh1pman

Hi @Ac12, welcome to the forum! We don't have any new information about the release date, yet, but we do know that they are taking their time to make sure they get it right. There will be other star systems, but they will be designed, not procedurally generated, as far as we know. Since it's still in development, things can, of course, change.

Will the graphics in the trailer be similar to the full game? Will there be light speed? Will it be like no mans sky where you go planet to planet finding resources to fuel the ship? How long have you guys been working on this game? Sorry if I'm asking alot of questions but I'm just very exited because i loved the original game

Edited by Ac12
Added questions

1 hour ago, Ac12 said:

Will the graphics in the trailer be similar to the full game?

I'll try to respond to some of your questions, but I'm just a user, quite a stalker as I watched and read any bit of information Star.Theory released but still a user nonetheless.

On the graphics, we don't have screenshot or footage with the definitive graphics and the trailer is full CGI made by an artist.

But the ships you see are exporter assets from the game, so the crafts are real, the graphics not.

EDIT: but there are some pre-alpha screenshots and vids around.

1 hour ago, Ac12 said:

Will it be like no mans sky where you go planet to planet finding resources to fuel the ship?

Not like no Man's Sky, but resource utilisation will be a big part of the game and a one of the reasons to build colonies on the planets, also Nate said that producing advanced fuels will be a big part of the game.

1 hour ago, Ac12 said:

How long have you guys been working on this game?

They said they started with KSP 1 assets for the parts and that the trailer's ships are from the game assets.

In the trailer you can see the old Poodle engine design with a different rework, that means that they're working since before the Poodle revamp, announced in November 2018.

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, Ac12 said:

Will the graphics in the trailer be similar to the full game?

6 hours ago, Master39 said:

On the graphics, we don't have screenshot or footage with the definitive graphics and the trailer is full CGI made by an artist.

But the ships you see are exporter assets from the game, so the crafts are real, the graphics not.

of course this is pre alpha, so the graphics will most likely improve.

On 1/21/2020 at 1:46 AM, Ac12 said:

What quarter of the year will ksp 2 be released in?

sometime past march/late spring

Edited by Dirkidirk

19 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

11:57

"just watch what comes out over the next few months, you will know how our progress is going"

...........uh

So progress is going nowhere then?

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Spoiler

Honestly though, you may have a point.

And where else have I seen this comment?

Hm...

10 hours ago, NerdAlert said:

…how on kerbin did I miss this announcement by months?

You didn't miss much, just the "Spring 2020" launch date and the fact it's been delayed to possibly next year (there are no launch dates yet). If anything, it's better you found out now because the hype train for the rest of the community is running on fumes as of now.

Edited by Vinhero100

4 hours ago, Vinhero100 said:

You didn't miss much, just the "Spring 2020" launch date and the fact it's been delayed to possibly next year (there are no launch dates yet). If anything, it's better you found out now because the hype train for the rest of the community is running on fumes as of now.

It has been delayed, but just to Take 2's 2021 Fiscal year, so it cannot come out before March 31, 2020, so it might very well meet it's launch date of "Spring 2020".

1 hour ago, DunaManiac said:

It has been delayed, but just to Take 2's 2021 Fiscal year, so it cannot come out before March 31, 2020, so it might very well meet it's launch date of "Spring 2020".

It wont be out before mid to late summer at the earliest. If I had to bet I would say august or even September. 

1 hour ago, dave1904 said:

It wont be out before mid to late summer at the earliest. If I had to bet I would say august or even September. 

Is that a guess, or has something been announced?  If I had to guess, I'd say the same, but wondering if you heard something

16 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is that a guess, or has something been announced?  If I had to guess, I'd say the same, but wondering if you heard something

It's a guess. Nothing further has been announced following the delay first reported in Take 2's fiscal earnings report.

Edited by prestja

10 hours ago, Dirkidirk said:

I hope this game doesn't end up like no mans sky. aka "yes womans land"

I don't think it will, one of No Man's Sky's downfalls (yes womans land)  was how the public relations was super outgoing, making promises that they ultimately couldn't deliver on launch day. KSP 2 is doing the polar opposite (as of now anyway, there were some big promises when it was first announced) by hiding behind an impenetrable brick wall blocking out the community. This helps them develop the game faster, but it leaves us in the dark which can be scary. The only strange thing is how they promised us of updates "In the coming months" on launch day (ba-dum-tiss).

It all reminds me of a story like Flying Tiger porting the game to the PS4... They first promised to port very quickly (this is Unity!), then they were silent for a long time, and in the end they gave us a piece of excrement, which was then redone by the developers from BlitWorks for a year.

1 hour ago, Kerbuvim said:

It all reminds me of a story like Flying Tiger porting the game to the PS4... They first promised to port very quickly (this is Unity!), then they were silent for a long time, and in the end they gave us a piece of excrement, which was then redone by the developers from BlitWorks for a year.

Yeah but KSP2 isn't an inherently bad idea.