Kerbal Space Program 2: Master Post

sh1pman

13 minutes ago, Mekan1k said:

does anyone know when Squad will be ready for us to preorder KSP2? I keep checking their website and nothing yet.

Squad won't, as they're not making KSP2. You'll want to watch Take Two's Private Division for that.

And no, nobody knows when or if it'll have a pre order. Or even a regular order.

10 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

@Superfluous J i think it would be a hoot if they turned ksp into ksp2 with an update. Wont happen but itd be a hoot

The point of KSP2 is to fix many of the underlying problems with KSP, which mostly lie in its years of new features tacked onto old code. I'd guess that the codebase of KSP2 is going to be so different to the original game that what you suggest wouldn't be an update, it would just be an entirely new game. And it would be so expensive for SQUAD/Private Division to do that you would probably have to pay $60 for it. 

So doing that isn't really worth it, and as you said it won't happen - you might as well just buy KSP2 :wink:

Edited by RealKerbal3x

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

The point of KSP2 is to fix many of the underlying problems with KSP, which mostly lie in its years of new features tacked onto old code. I'd guess that the codebase of KSP2 is going to be so different to the original game that what you suggest wouldn't be an update, it would just be an entirely new game. And it would be so expensive for SQUAD/Private Division to do that you would probably have to pay $60 for it. 

So doing that isn't really worth it, and as you said it won't happen - you might as well just buy KSP2 :wink:

I know, but, it would be very kerbal of them lol. But honestly youre right of course. Is it officially stated its $60 or just a universal guess?

1 minute ago, AlamoVampire said:

I know, but, it would be very kerbal of them lol. But honestly youre right of course. Is it officially stated its $60 or just a universal guess?

Well, technically it's $59.99. Look through the first post in this thread, it's there somewhere.

6 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Well, technically it's $59.99. Look through the first post in this thread, it's there somewhere.

So it is lol. Guess thats what i get for going right to the back of the book first lol.

16 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

sighs

comes in after a couple of weeks and still no date.,

and I just finishes up wastelands!

This is frustrating because I was hoping to get into it soooooooon

the devs don't like saying that this update or that update or in this case KSP2 will be available by X date. Mostly because when that date comes and goes and what ever thing was promised for that particular date is not delivered there tends to be some um salt in the water for some folks. There is an old joke that older forum users know all to well: "Soon™" All I can suggest is just be patient, it will arrive when it arrives. Right now, I myself am bouncing between Farming Simulator 2019, DCS World and KSP. Heck, Im even considering American Truck Simulator just for kicks. 

4 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

the devs don't like saying that this update or that update or in this case KSP2 will be available by X date. Mostly because when that date comes and goes and what ever thing was promised for that particular date is not delivered there tends to be some um salt in the water for some folks. There is an old joke that older forum users know all to well: "Soon™" All I can suggest is just be patient, it will arrive when it arrives. Right now, I myself am bouncing between Farming Simulator 2019, DCS World and KSP. Heck, Im even considering American Truck Simulator just for kicks. 

Oh I know was just hoping for a  update video post type thing. I’m half suspecting there shooting for nov.

at this point I may just check nexus and see what new mods look good for fallout.

Edited by [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 2:10 AM, [email protected] said:

sighs

comes in after a couple of weeks and still no date.

If the game is not absolutely polished like the top of the Chrysler building when it's released I'll be frustrated. I hope KSP2 doesn't become another No Man's Sky. 

Pushed launch dates should mean the devs are working on better compatibility/bugginess, but we'll see. 

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

18 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

If the game is not absolutely polished like the top of the Chrysler building when it's released I'll be frustrated. I hope KSP2 doesn't become another No Man's Sky. 

Pushed launch dates should mean the devs are working on better compatibility/bugginess, but we'll see. 

Under normal circumstances, I'd say you are correct.

From what I've read, however, this is a bit different; there was a studio swap.  The key leaders moved with the game - but they're having to onboard a lot of new talent.  End result could be (hopefully will) the polished release we would like - or the disruption in work-flow could mean some hidden problems that won't be found / fixed until weeks after release.

Gotta say, I am definitely going to buy ksp2, but I think I’ll still play ksp. I really like it, and ksp2 will undoubtably be amazing, but ksp has a special place in my heart, so I’ll keep playing it. I have no idea why I said this but yea.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2020 at 12:08 PM, Lewie said:

Gotta say, I am definitely going to buy ksp2, but I think I’ll still play ksp. I really like it, and ksp2 will undoubtably be amazing, but ksp has a special place in my heart, so I’ll keep playing it. I have no idea why I said this but yea.

Makes sense. Even if ksp 2 is like 100 times better than ksp 1 gameplay wise, ksp 1 will still be the better game just because it helped to inspire so many other games.

I'll get KSP2 too.

Actually I think the two will probably co-exist for quite a while, as I think they will be subtly different games.  KSP1, to me, seems to have been moving towards a more detailed 'engineering, build cool stuff' direction and especially so now with the in depth robotics and rotor/prop mechanisms.  Whilst KSP2 looks to be retaining more focus on the space flight and exploration aspect.   Neither are bad, just a bit different with a slightly different appeal.

There is definitely a 'place' for many of the robotics features in KSP2, but maybe not to such an in depth extent.  For me personally the space flight and exploration is the main appeal, and the building stuff aspect should support that, rather than the space exploration side be 'something to do with the cool thing I built'.

If I need, or want, a propeller or rotor driven craft for a given environment I want to be able to build it and fly it in pretty much the same way as I can a jet powered craft, and not have to worry about detailed prop or rotor pitch controls etc.  With stock 'prop' engines working essentially the same as jets, but with different models and configured to behave more like prop engines.

Will  any of these statements made in this post change now that development was put under direct control of take2?

Will Mod support utilize an existing service like epic or steam and/or will mods be controlled/syndicated/controlled in any way by the publisher or one of his contractors?

In other words: can everyone publish a mod for ksp2 how ever he/she wants wherever they want or do i need to get approval and/or use specific distribution channels?

I don't know why I'm Based. because EYEfunny.co teaches me something I don't wanna talk about. Take a look I did on ksp mission to moho with super epic Gifs.

kAlbLaN.gif

I7Hgsmq.gif

Now all my homies hate Take-Two interactive

Edited by Vanamonde

Seriously, there have been worse games being successful with Crowdfunding, and even KSP 1 did it that way (if I'm not totally mistaken).

So, if KSP2 need support - count me in. I like KSP one tho i think it needs a total rework. KSP2 looks amazing... so whatever you need, I think you have a good community at hand!

1 hour ago, Jimbodiah said:

Well, that was the end of any KSP2 release. What a disaster TakeTwo turned out to be.

RIP Kerbals.

In the video it said that 12 employees and the 3 directors moved to Intercept.

But who knows if they'll even be in charge of development anymore.

I doubt that the game is cancelled, but honestly who knows anymore.