Kerbal Space Program 2: Master Post

sh1pman

13 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

I hope not cause i play KSP on PS4 and i want to play KSP2 as soon as possible

As I understand it, the 'console' releases will still be subject to the same constraints as for KSP1.  Which is that they need to be 'certified' by the console manufacturer before they can be released.  This automatically introduces a delay between PC and console release which is out of the KSP devs control.

And this is unrelated to any programming differences between the PC and console versions needed to make things work due to different control inputs etc.  Which is one reason for the distinction between PC and Console versions.

I hope I am wrong here, but basically, don't get your hopes up too much for a console version soon after the PC version release.  It may happen, but if you 'expect' it you could be disappointed.

• 1 month later...

Have you ever waited in anticipation about when KSP2 would be released? have you thought about what date KSP2 would be released if ANOTHER setback occured. Poor Ksp fans have no references to look for :(. OR DO THEY? that's where I COME IN :) (Jebidiah smiles). here is an estimated graph on what i would believe KSP2's release dates to be if or if not there is a delay.

SO HERE... WE... GO!!!

Delay Meter Estimated Release Date Possible Warnings or Caution
Ahead of schedule  Summer of 2021 None
On schedule October 1st to December 20th or 25th Schedule may vary
Slight delay Winter 2021 to January 2022 More waiting
Moderate Delay Spring of 2022 introduces uncertainty 
Severe Delay Autumn of 2022 Introduces extreme risks and uprising costs to develop the game.
Extreme Delay Winter of 2022 or spring of 2023 Game could be cancelled or ultimately shelved

I hope that this sheds some light on many KSP fans uncertainty and gives them a place to start and what to expect. 

Sincerely, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE 

"Eavesdropping into KSP2 developers conversations for all Kerbal-kind (OK JUST KIDDING!!! ;))

Remember when this game was supposed to come out this year? I don't get the excitement of a game that is already delayed. What is this CONSOOMER nonsense? KSP 2 is delayed already and there is no "coming out on time". Once you delay, you delay. The delay isn't the new normal, it's the delay.

I am not looking forward too much to the new game. The HYPE train is going a bit too fast for my taste and it seems to be fueled just by people's imagination. So far they have little to show for this new game. When KSP came out they did a release when the game wasn't even ready, they did a beta launch basically. Because they had something to show for it. Devs that believe in their product are not afraid to do beta releases to public. The only company I trust to do a good job without ever releasing beta to public are Rockstar. The original KSP seems to be a madlad's dream. [snip] I'll believe it when I see it. No money for you until you prove yourself. Especially since they price it at AAA range. People must be mad to ask that much for an indie game. 

Also, if KSP2 doesn't come on something more useful like Unreal Engine I won't even bother. I am not interested in the colonization aspect of the game they propose, so for me, less is more, I like what the initial KSP is doing with empty space and more fun and less space tycoon stuff pls. I have enough bugs with Unity as is, I don't need another game with more parts in the mix.

WOW! really?! [snip] about a game that its prequel got an 88 from Metacritic and a 9/10 from IGN with a 2011 release!? IMAGINE NOW in 2020 with the extremely improved graphics, new technology, advanced orbital mechanics, INTERSTELLAR TRAVEL, and SO MUCH MORE! [snip]

Honestly, if [snip] developers (who work tirelessly day after day) and fans (who devoted 1000 years of loyalty to the game altogether), [snip]. I cant believe [snip]  what our developers are pushing for in this pandemic. NO THIS IS NOT THE NORMAL. we are in a PANDEMIC! they are working as hard as they can. imagine working on a major game with a team of only what?... 15 PEOPLE?!?!? maybe more on other days! the hype train has its hype because people have GOOD SPIRITS[snip]. My honest opinion is that the hype train is going at a PERFECT SPEED and i hope it goes even faster to show how jam packed with energy and enthusiasm the community has. [snip] people with lives, dreams, hopes, and a great career!

And just in case you DIDN'T KNOW, the person who owns private division is a game company that actually made a game with Rockstar and its called TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE! they made GTA V one of the most successful games of ALL TIME! so you know what i say? i say that KSP2 IS IN GREAT HANDS! I feel bad for all the KSP fans, moderators, and KSP and KSP2 teams that have to soak up all this negativity and extreme criticism... to the KSP2 and KSP developers and moderators, Keep up the GOOD WORK!!! :) :) :) :) 

4 hours ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

WOW! really?! [snip] about a game that its prequel got an 88 from Metacritic and a 9/10 from IGN with a 2011 release!? IMAGINE NOW in 2020 with the extremely improved graphics, new technology, advanced orbital mechanics, INTERSTELLAR TRAVEL, and SO MUCH MORE! [snip]

Honestly, if [snip] developers (who work tirelessly day after day) and fans (who devoted 1000 years of loyalty to the game altogether), [snip]. I cant believe [snip]  what our developers are pushing for in this pandemic. NO THIS IS NOT THE NORMAL. we are in a PANDEMIC! they are working as hard as they can. imagine working on a major game with a team of only what?... 15 PEOPLE?!?!? maybe more on other days! the hype train has its hype because people have GOOD SPIRITS[snip]. My honest opinion is that the hype train is going at a PERFECT SPEED and i hope it goes even faster to show how jam packed with energy and enthusiasm the community has. [snip] people with lives, dreams, hopes, and a great career!

And just in case you DIDN'T KNOW, the person who owns private division is a game company that actually made a game with Rockstar and its called TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE! they made GTA V one of the most successful games of ALL TIME! so you know what i say? i say that KSP2 IS IN GREAT HANDS! I feel bad for all the KSP fans, moderators, and KSP and KSP2 teams that have to soak up all this negativity and extreme criticism... to the KSP2 and KSP developers and moderators, Keep up the GOOD WORK!!! :) :) :) :)

interesting.

6 hours ago, mystik said:

Remember when this game was supposed to come out this year? I don't get the excitement of a game that is already delayed. What is this CONSOOMER nonsense? KSP 2 is delayed already and there is no "coming out on time". Once you delay, you delay. The delay isn't the new normal, it's the delay.

And once the delayed game gets released after the delay, the delay doesn't matter, for that the delay is more time for the dev's to produce an even better product for the CONSOOMER to enjoy, or something.

I am not looking forward too much to the new game.

I am not interested in the colonization aspect of the game they propose, so for me, less is more, I like what the initial KSP is doing with empty space and more fun and less space tycoon stuff pls.

that's a pretty bold opinion, NICE.

[snip]

[snip]

4 hours ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

What are you talking about?

I can criticize the game as much as I want. I don't care that the original KSP is great in this context. That's why I still play it. Just because KSP was great it doesn't mean that KSP2 is automatically great by default.  We're talking about a sequel that is not out and that all I see is overhype for nothing.  [snip]. You have listed a set of features that are not existent as it is now. I have learned from No Man's Sky to wait for the game to come out, because all the hype and promises are worth less than the HTML space they are written on.

I am not mean to the developers because I haven't name any. I criticized the ideas and concepts, which, the last time I checked, are not real people. And they're not YOUR / OUR developers. They're people that make a game and get payed for it. And if the game is good then they also get recognition. But they're not YOUR developers. The wanna be PANDEMIC you write in caps lock has little to do with delays, because programming isn't a physical product, you can work from home, I do that as well. Delays occur when some marketing or project manager can't count properly 2+2 and they somehow get 3 because it looks good on paper.

[snip]. As it is, I wouldn't preorder KSP 2 even a month after it is launched, [snip].

[snip]. I rather not board the hype train until it has landed on actual real world tracks, [snip].

[snip]  Because that would be tragic. I'll mind my own business from now own. I wasn't even that interested in the future game, I just saw some table about delays pulled out of someone's behind with no evidence, proof, facts, and that got me ranting. I should have figured it out the table is most likely someone that is a child in the actual sense (no insults intended). I should have ignored that post and would have saved 30 minutes of my life that I won't get back and [snip]. Dude, whatever, I know the devs don't even visit the forum, because if they did we would have had a lot more improvements in the game by now. *cough* atmosphere effects *cough* - CHANGE MY MIND!

KSP 2 is a pretty ambitious game, so the fact that people are doubting it can succeed is an assumable one. But I trust the KSP 2 developers they have been working on this game since 2017 so it's ok to assume they will have it ready soon. Besides, I found it odd at first when the pushed KSP 2 like a whole year, I think it went a whole another year just to make sure that if there is a setback they can still work with it and not have to change the release over and over again. I think they are back on track to release in 2021 unless there is something going on that is causing the game to be delayed.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

It's a shame about the delay but one of the games I worry least about waiting on. The original game still has plenty of life in it for many of us, especially with the modding community. At least enough to carry over until 2022.

Hell, you can simulate many of KSP2's biggest features using mods. (see USI colonization, KSPIE, etc)

Sure, it'll be clunky, but for the people who really can't wait it's a good option.

tbh i think we will get an early access version by march to april. My main reason for thinking that is being the game literally requires input from the main audience to make the game succeed. And it be a better plan to release a version before completion so we don't have a situation were in fact it be hard to change something that no one wanted or doesnt work. It also provided a testing ground to see what added features are needed. When ksp first came out we saw that the community needed to shape it into the game we all love.  I really hope im right, I hope than if they didnt plan it that they should really consider it.

On 11/6/2020 at 1:53 PM, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

It's a shame about the delay but one of the games I worry least about waiting on. The original game still has plenty of life in it for many of us, especially with the modding community. At least enough to carry over until 2022.

The original game is 100% better than KSP2 because anything beats vaporware, basically, CHANGE MY MIND.

10 minutes ago, mystik said:

CHANGE MY MIND.

I don't think there's any point trying to change your mind. I'll happily enjoy the original KSP for many years to come until KSP 2 comes, and even then, I expect the experience of KSP 1 to remain unique. 

2 minutes ago, Deddly said:

I don't think there's any point trying to change your mind. I'll happily enjoy the original KSP for many years to come until KSP 2 comes, and even then, I expect the experience of KSP 1 to remain unique. 

Not to mention it’s many quirks, like the kraken...;)

In all seriousness, ksp will always have a special place in our hearts, and we’ll always come back and play it. 

Cheers!

Lewie

2 hours ago, Hallahan said:

tbh i think we will get an early access version by march to april. My main reason for thinking that is being the game literally requires input from the main audience to make the game succeed. And it be a better plan to release a version before completion so we don't have a situation were in fact it be hard to change something that no one wanted or doesnt work. It also provided a testing ground to see what added features are needed. When ksp first came out we saw that the community needed to shape it into the game we all love.  I really hope im right, I hope than if they didnt plan it that they should really consider it.

Oh I hope! I have asked some other people on the forums too, and they were not sure. But I pray that we get an early access version! 

1 hour ago, mystik said:

The original game is 100% better than KSP2 because anything beats vaporware, basically, CHANGE MY MIND.

Well its currently KSP is 100% because KSP2 is not out, which is the definition of vapor ware. But the thing is it will come out by atleast 2022 (which might be later than they actually plan to release it because they have to manage expectations).

On 10/27/2020 at 11:23 AM, mystik said:

Also, if KSP2 doesn't come on something more useful like Unreal Engine I won't even bother.

And not a single person has yet to explain why Unity is so awful. All I can do is point to 2kliksphilip's video explaining why this anti-Unity thing people have going on is complete and total rubbish.

4 hours ago, Hallahan said:

tbh i think we will get an early access version by march to april.

While there might be an early access version, March to April seems exceptionally optimistic... realistically, if they just pushed the game to 2022, my guess is the game will be out in 18-24 months (fall or Christmas 2022)... so, maybe if we’re lucky, in a year, but I’d guess if they’re gonna do an early access, it’ll be to beta test the multiplayer functionalities, which would probably only be a few months before release.