Kerbal Space Program 2: Master Post

sh1pman

2 hours ago, dprostock said:

Two years are a long time in trade policies AND DOES NOT ENSURE A GOOD FINAL PRODUCT IN ANY WAY, moreover, considering the size of the company...

And I wonder if all of this has something to do with Star Theory being sacked...

On 11/12/2020 at 8:51 PM, Superfluous J said:
On 11/12/2020 at 3:39 PM, Bej Kerman said:

Don't be ridiculous, the last person to consider C++ and Unreal to be the solution to you and your dog's problems would be you.

I don't have a dog, but it is true that if I did and we had problems, I'd probably not look for programmatic solutions to them.

(this is a fun way to say I don't know what that meant)

Oh come on, it's a figure of speech.

19 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:
1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

Oh come on, it's a figure of speech.

Where from? I like etymology of stuff like this and have never heard it before. A quick Google search came up with nothing.

Have you really never heard someone say something along the lines of "Everyone and their grandma has heard of [blank]"?

56 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Have you really never heard someone say something along the lines of "Everyone and their grandma has heard of [blank]"?

I have, but I've not heard many - or possibly any - variations on it.

I don't think I'd even have made the connection if you'd used "Grandma" in your original statement, it was different enough from the common phrase.

• 3 months later...

Dear Ksp 2 dev team,

Im a big fan of Ksp and the great community around it. We all know, the Ksp performance really depends on what you are doing, and ships with a big part count will destroy even the most powerful hardware available at the moment. But Ive got an idea. Could it be possible for people to use a second gpu for physics calculations to assist the cpu? Ive got no idea how this will be possible, but maybe it will be considered as an option.

Thank you for making Ksp!

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 11:28 AM, Guest said:

Could be interesting. If they do Early Access for a reasonable price, I might sign up. Hopefully they can pull it off, problems with KSP1 are well documented, so it might be possible to avoid them if they're accounted for early enough. I kind of hoped KSP would launch an entire genre, and it does look like it's happening. 

I think Early Access for the community would be great because the community could report bugs to make KSP2 even better!

11 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

I think Early Access for the community would be great because the community could report bugs to make KSP2 even better!

You really believe that?
They have a page to report KSP1 errors and I would say less than 5% had treatment.

1 hour ago, dprostock said:

You really believe that?
They have a page to report KSP1 errors and I would say less than 5% had treatment.

Thsta why. To get the mejor bugs ouut of the way.

On 11/13/2020 at 6:03 PM, Lisias said:

And I wonder if all of this has something to do with Star Theory being sacked...

I honestly think the delay might not simply mean the game will be better at launch. That is why I always tell people to not get excited about the game and not to expect it to be great because its 2 years delay. KSP2 might end up releasing in 2022 and be totally broken. It wouldn't be the first time this has happend. I have had to many failed launches in my life to care about it anymore. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

Thsta why. To get the mejor bugs ouut of the way.

I'd like to share your enthusiasm of the kind that applauds SpaceX explosions, but no. 
I'm one of those who take their SpaceX investments into the fifth explosion and put it in another business.

The world does not live on Powerpoint....

4 hours ago, dprostock said:
16 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

You really believe that?

(ha! getting a grasp on nesting quotes! :) )

These are two different things.

Fixing bugs on an Early Access is "cheaper" because usually you don't have too much final content developed for the thing - so fixes are most of the time "cheap".

Once the product is shipped, the content that was made for it is shipped too, and any medium to minor bug that would incur on rework on the content is, usually, plain ignored. Reworking a piece of code is one thing, reworking a lot of content because they were made relying on the bug is way more expensive that fixing the bug. Not to mention that the content creators may had been already reallocated to something else, and then we have a scheduling problem too,

Edited by Lisias
(sigh)

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

(ha! getting a grasp on nesting quotes! :) )

These are two different things.

Fixing bugs on an Early Access is "cheaper" because usually you don't have too much final content developed for the thing - so fixes are most of the time "cheap".

Once the product is shipped, the content that was made for it is shipped too, and any medium to minor bug that would incur on rework on the content is, usually, plain ignored. Reworking a piece of code is one thing, reworking a lot of content because they were made relying on the bug is way more expensive that fixing the bug. Not to mention that the content creators may had been already reallocated to something else, and then we have a scheduling problem too,

So, if so, let them make a statement acknowledging that the KSP1 is unworkable, impossible and expensive to maintain. They apologise and will dedicate to a better quality product with the KSP2, and for those who PURCHASED the KSP1 and DLC, they will be rewarded with bonuses for the toad that made them eat. 
That would be sincerity.

This would put an end to the problem and not continue the wear and tear.

2 hours ago, dprostock said:

So, if so, let them make a statement acknowledging that the KSP1 is unworkable, impossible and expensive to maintain. They apologise and will dedicate to a better quality product with the KSP2, and for those who PURCHASED the KSP1 and DLC, they will be rewarded with bonuses for the toad that made them eat. 
That would be sincerity.

This would put an end to the problem and not continue the wear and tear.

Unless I am wrong, my understanding is that KSP (Squad) and KSP2 (Intercept Games) are actually separate entities. Sincere or not, why would a separate company apologize for something it had nothing to do with?

Besides, have you seen the gaming industry? There are far worse things other companies do than leave in bugs.

4 minutes ago, Dientus said:

Besides, have you seen the gaming industry? There are far worse things other companies do than leave in bugs.

I cannot comprehend the concept that if others are bad, I have the right to be mediocre and justify it.

D

Just now, dprostock said:

I cannot comprehend the concept that if others are bad, I have the right to be mediocre and justify it.

I don't disagree on that point.

But then, let me ask, if some guy made a wedding cake, and he messed up a little bit on it, and you decided to make a bigger and better wedding cake, would you feel that being demanded to apologize for the previous guys cake, as well as handing out free pieces of cake as justified? I mean you might, I don't know thats why I am asking.

The previous cake is still sold with the same name? The new cake is a continuation of the old one's name? Do you follow his legacy?
How long can a product last and be sellable with that ballast?
The common consumer continues to read that the cake has the same name.

ben-hur-remos.gif

Too much effort not knowing if you come to fruition...
Otherwise, change the logo, change the name of the product, seek to differentiate yourself. 

I have many rebuttals but I know your stance now and can make a reasonable guess at your reaction. With that I will say thank you for taking time to answer. Regardless of beliefs at the end of the day the consumor and the almighty dollar (ruble, euro, yen) will determine what the consumor thinks.

On 4/8/2021 at 12:05 AM, Dientus said:

I have many rebuttals but I know your stance now and can make a reasonable guess at your reaction. With that I will say thank you for taking time to answer. Regardless of beliefs at the end of the day the consumor and the almighty dollar (ruble, euro, yen) will determine what the consumor thinks.

The consumer, the almighty dollar and some legislation.

When you buy a Company, you buy the whole shebang, including assets and also debits - and responds for any previous unsolved misbehaving incurred in the past - including legal ones.

Granted, only KSP I.P. was bought - not the Game Studio. Nevertheless, I suggest reading some legislation about transferring of Assets.

The recent fiasco from CD Projekt Red also suggests that the almighty dollar is not the only factor to be considered anymore.

On 3/13/2021 at 2:59 PM, A-Aeronautics said:

We all know, the Ksp performance really depends on what you are doing, and ships with a big part count will destroy even the most powerful hardware available at the moment. But I've got an idea. Could it be possible for people to use a second GPU for physics calculations to assist the CPU? I've got no idea how this will be possible, but maybe it will be considered as an option.

You are making a good point. But think about others, not everyone can afford 2 GPU's to do that job. There are people who play with Intel HD Graphics 4000 (like me). A better idea would be to optimize the game itself, because KSP1 is a pile of bugs and it was published while being unfinished. KSP1 was rushed to release and they couldn't defeat all of the performance issues out there. We should better give the developers more time to fully finish the game. You don't want KSP2 to be glitchy, buggy, laggy, stuttery like KSP1. Don't you?