Kerbal Space Program 2: Master Post

sh1pman

11 hours ago, Lisias said:

For the nth² time: this is not customer's problem. I'm sympathise with your problems, but they will not change how customers and shareholders are seeing the product.

Shareholders? It's not CDPR we're talking about (a small studio that self-publishes their games), there are so many layer between the devs and the shareholders that they're completely irrelevant, that's one of the perks of having a big publisher backing the project.

And the customer are the exact focus, your problem is thinking that people who bought the game half a decade ago are still considerable customers, the customers they're focusing their time on is the ones actually buing the game now, so making sure they think the game is still worth it 9 years after release is a pretty important thing.

your problems

PS I'm not a dev, those problems aren't mine. I'm just a player that, with time, learned how not to get mad if the studio making the game doesn't give me the impossible, just like I'm not mad with my car dealership for not selling me a flying car.

Blaming previous developers is easy, by the way - and this just don't change the fact that since then, every single opportunity to prevent things from going trough the tubes was just ignored. 

There's no blaming anything on anyone, you seem to be forgetting that we're talking in hindsight, seeing things that they couldn't possibly predict back in the day. 

There's no direct blame for what happened, that's just how the things go sometimes, at this point we're talking about a game that was supposed to be replaced by its sequel a year ago, excrements happens.

12 hours ago, Lisias said:

Your professionalism is measured by what you can deliver with what you have in hands, not by what you could deliver if everything was made right in the past. You accepted the job.

You can't measure something based on how you feel or presume it's going, you don't know what they worked on, you don't know what causes the bugs, you don't know how many hours they put on the job, you don't know how well things have gone when they tried one approach over another and how focusing on a different aspects of the game influences the sales and the ever shifting mood of the forums.

You've just decided that they're not doing anything because you like how it sounds.

1 hour ago, Master39 said:

You can't measure something based on how you feel or presume it's going,

Yes, we can. And yes, we do. And that's the problem.

2 hours ago, Lisias said:

Yes, we can. And yes, we do. And that's the problem.

Basically you're just choosing to be mad at something you made up. 

At best that's a PR problem for the marketing guys and has nothing to do with the developers.

And that's a problem only if you believe that the ten or so people complaining about everything on this forum is what people find when searching for the game, the truth is that most people don't go past this:

uXbswB2.png

Kerbal Space Program

The acclaimed game of which it is not advisable to go from a first stage, such as descending and placing a flag in Muna (and praying that it will stand).
And because he is ten years old and there was no correct leadership in programming and design, the problems are justified, so it is not advised that he take it very seriously and not go over Minmus.
Nor is it advisable to develop a long campaign, let's not mention to install a colony in Eeloo, which the "justified spaghetti" of the code that developed without any control, will give any surprise.
Understand, it's a business, we take your money by committing ourselves to some dark premise that things are like that.
In addition, those who in their right mind would buy something that is 10 years old even though it continues to be promoted?????

Another thing is that the buyer does not find out what the reality is or that the detail of the situation has been included in the promotion.

3 hours ago, Master39 said:

Basically you're just choosing to be mad at something you made up. 

At best that's a PR problem for the marketing guys and has nothing to do with the developers.

And that's a problem only if you believe that the ten or so people complaining about everything on this forum is what people find when searching for the game, the truth is that most people don't go past this:

uXbswB2.png

My acquaintances see that one after I recommend that they buy the game... which I do recommend. I also tend to recommend that  they don't even read threads like this one because they will enjoy the game a lot more if they just play it instead of reading this .... um... stuff. :-( P.S. And I even very much like some of the recent improvements, such as that my bases no longer tend to go sliding and flying around now (at least not nearly as much so).

Oh, look what have I done. Should we, like stop? I mean, for real. I just wanted to talk about bugs and the situation got taken a bit too far. I thought that the KSP community is calmer, but looks like some are trying to save their opinion from slipping of a cliff, by being a bit rude.

P.S. Today is the cosmonautics day. Before around 60 years Yuri Gagarin made it to a orbital trajectory around earth and came back safely.

Don't be mad

Edited by ShuttlePilot

2 hours ago, rmaine said:

My acquaintances see that one after I recommend that they buy the game... which I do recommend. I also tend to recommend that  they don't even read threads like this one because they will enjoy the game a lot more if they just play it instead of reading this .... um... stuff. :-( P.S. And I even very much like some of the recent improvements, such as that my bases no longer tend to go sliding and flying around now (at least not nearly as much so).

There is nothing better than avoiding reading this page before purchasing it :  https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues

1 hour ago, ShuttlePilot said:

P.S. Today is the cosmonautics day. Before around 60 years Yuri Gagarin made it to a sub-orbital trajectory on earth and came back safely.

Orbital. 

But reality dictates that these things do not generate profits, so we skip such an important date even if the game tries to do so.

Who would be interested in Yuri's throwing being allowed to move in such a way that today, several hundred youtubers with parton support replicate their feat into something called KSP and can sell caps and T-shirts????

15 minutes ago, Maple Kerman said:

I really thought this community wasn't the type to go "grrr the devs suck" whenever they're not satisfied.

Should we direct our complains to Private Division directly, so?

16 minutes ago, Maple Kerman said:

Come on, guys, stop looking for someone or something to blame and move on.

This is not a blaming game. This is about results. Give us results, and you will see the complains be turned into praising.

On 4/12/2021 at 4:33 PM, Maple Kerman said:

I really thought this community wasn't the type to go "grrr the devs suck" whenever they're not satisfied.

Come on, guys, stop looking for someone or something to blame and move on.

Let's not let the bugs obscure the youtuber business and the patreon earnings.

On 4/12/2021 at 1:51 PM, Lisias said:

Give us results, and you will see the complains be turned into praising.

That is the problem though, as far as I can tell the only results you would be happy with is "nothing but bug fixes and/or bug free releases until I am satisfied".

Those aren't the results SQUAD is aiming to meet, quite obviously.

8 hours ago, MechBFP said:

That is the problem though, as far as I can tell the only results you would be happy with is "nothing but bug fixes and/or bug free releases until I am satisfied".

Those aren't the results SQUAD is aiming to meet, quite obviously.

And the situation slowly elevates into space. Again. And no other living creature is around, so @MechBFP thinks that if you elevate situation as high as space, no one will ever notice. The problem is that the situation is already elevated halfway to space, so people within around 724 kilometer radius can see it slowly getting there.

In other words i want to say that you shouldn't raise your opinios once again. You can hold it in your head. Because everyone will notice that you're trying to do something over there and then one big-headed kerbal will come and destroy the forums with chaos. I thought it stopped for awhile.

5 hours ago, ShuttlePilot said:

And the situation slowly elevates into space. Again. And no other living creature is around, so @MechBFP thinks that if you elevate situation as high as space, no one will ever notice. The problem is that the situation is already elevated halfway to space, so people within around 724 kilometer radius can see it slowly getting there.

In other words i want to say that you shouldn't raise your opinios once again. You can hold it in your head. Because everyone will notice that you're trying to do something over there and then one big-headed kerbal will come and destroy the forums with chaos. I thought it stopped for awhile.

Let me understand, "everything always suck" gets "quote of the year" from you but people saying otherwise gets this nonsensical rant about not raising opinions?

Personally I don't think it should take 4 pages to understand that KSP1 != KSP2 (and that this is the worst place to complain about KSP1).

2 minutes ago, Master39 said:

Let me understand, "everything always suck" gets "quote of the year" from you but people saying otherwise gets this nonsensical rant about not raising opinions?

Personally I don't think it should take 4 pages to understand that KSP1 != KSP2 (and that this is the worst place to complain about KSP1).

I mean this isn't really rocket science to understand that KSP1 Is different than KSP2, and KSP1 is a pile of bugs.

Also I think that you didn't really understood the quote, Mr. Wallace Breen.

24 minutes ago, ShuttlePilot said:

I mean this isn't really rocket science to understand that KSP1 Is different than KSP2, and KSP1 is a pile of bugs.

Apparently it is given the last 5 pages of discussion.

3 hours ago, Master39 said:

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

If you get the same people doing again the same things, it's reasonable to expect (or fear) the same results.

11 hours ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

I have read the thread, and I am still confused

The "ksp1 sucks" party is confused and didn't read the title of the thread.