Kerbal Space Program 2: Master Post

sh1pman

1 hour ago, Master39 said:

The "ksp1 sucks" party is confused and didn't read the title of the thread.

Your are misleading the problem.

Some people here are fearing that KSP2 would be plagued by the same problems KSP1 is getting now and are being vocal on it.

If you get the same people doing again the same things, it's reasonable to expect (or fear) the same results.

4 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Some people here are fearing that KSP2 would be plagued by the same problems KSP1 is getting now and are being vocal on it.

If you get the same people doing again the same things, it's reasonable to expect (or fear) the same results.

Since we're not talking about the same people, nor the same thing nor the same way of doing it, it's pretty safe to assume that such people lack basic knowledge about the gaming industry. 

But since 4 pages of discussion were enough please don't even bother replying to me if you're going to talk about ksp1 or its bugs again.

33 minutes ago, Master39 said:

Since we're not talking about the same people, nor the same thing nor the same way of doing it, it's pretty safe to assume that such people lack basic knowledge about the gaming industry. 

Yes, we are.

33 minutes ago, Master39 said:

But since 4 pages of discussion were enough please don't even bother replying to me if you're going to talk about ksp1 or its bugs again.

On these very same 4 pages of discussion were revealed that KSP1 developers are spending their time on KSP2. Since these guys are the ones involved on KSP 1 bugs, it's reasonable to to expect (or fear) the same results from KSP1 on KSP2.

There's a interesting thing that happens on Real Life, where people don't hide behind nicknames and are, so, accountable for their deeds. We call this phenomena REPUTATION.

Don't bother going back to this thread if this subject does not interest you.

Edited by Lisias
(grammars... (sigh))

15 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Yes, we are.

Only if you dont understand the difference between the two studios involved and the publisher.

it's reasonable to to expect (or fear) the same results from KSP1 on KSP2.

Only if you don't understand the difference between the creative and the technical development of a game, a Dev making colony assets or giving his input on what kerbal design is is not going ot add any bug on the physics.

There's a interesting thing that happens on Real Life, where people don't hide behind nicknames and are, so, accountable for their deeds. We call this phenomena REPUTATION.

Yep, and that phenomena usually doesn't transfer randomly between different different entities, unless you have problems understanding the difference between the involved parties.

As I said it does take some serious lack of understanding what's going on to think that bugs can magically transfer between the two games.

Edited by Master39

20 minutes ago, Master39 said:

Yep, and that phenomena usually doesn't transfer randomly between different different entities, unless you have problems understanding the difference between the involved parties.

Yes, they do. Reputation follows people. The different parties have overlapping human resources.

You don't need to be too smart to understand that taking broken pieces from an unreliable engine to fix a new engine will, unavoidably, lead you to have two broken engines.

(of course, some pieces may not be broken at all - but this is exactly where reputation plays a role).

Edited by Lisias
Hit "save" too soon.

29 minutes ago, Master39 said:

As I said it does take some serious lack of understanding what's going on to think that bugs can magically transfer between the two games.

That's why I'm right, just because the developers are the same doesn't mean they make the same product.
The problem is in the topic of leadership, production and design....
And if you hire the same people, there are doubts as if they don't bring too many "tics", there was something better in the market, or you got into a business that you don't know well.

Just now, dprostock said:

And if you hire the same people

Here's your problem, they didn't.

They have 2 studios, Squad is working on KSP1, intercept is working on KSP2 and  a lot of the people who built KSP1 framework in the first place stopped working for Squad years ago.

I assure you that having some people from Squad give their input on the creative side and make some assets is not going to transfer bugs over for osmosis, KSP bugs are not hidden in textures and 3D models.

36 minutes ago, Master39 said:

Here's your problem, they didn't.

They have 2 studios, Squad is working on KSP1, intercept is working on KSP2 and  a lot of the people who built KSP1 framework in the first place stopped working for Squad years ago.

I assure you that having some people from Squad give their input on the creative side and make some assets is not going to transfer bugs over for osmosis, KSP bugs are not hidden in textures and 3D models.

Relative. It will depend on leadership and design.

Despite the change in air and the passage of time, many people continue to behave or have the same ideas.

They're called "ticks".

1 hour ago, Master39 said:

a lot of the people who built KSP1 framework in the first place stopped working for Squad years ago.

And some people that should be working on KSP1 are spending their time on KSP2 now - or, at least, is what we were informed on these 4 pages you was complaining about.

5 hours ago, Master39 said:

The "ksp1 sucks" party is confused and didn't read the title of the thread.

don't say that man. The reason we complain is because we love KSP so much. Nobody cares about a bad game. Its good that people bring up the bug problems of KSP. Players should bring up bugs in every game development forum. Maybe developers and publishers will start listening. 

11 hours ago, dprostock said:

I cant watch.

7 hours ago, dave1904 said:

don't say that man. The reason we complain is because we love KSP so much. Nobody cares about a bad game. Its good that people bring up the bug problems of KSP. Players should bring up bugs in every game development forum. Maybe developers and publishers will start listening. 

True. When people suggest, report bugs, want to interact with devs, means that the game has a potential and is really good. Its a good sign.

12 hours ago, Lisias said:

And some people that should be working on KSP1 are spending their time on KSP2 now - or, at least, is what we were informed on these 4 pages you was complaining about.

They "should" be working on KSP 1?  Well you better call up their manager then and let them know they are slacking off and working on a completely different game. That does sound like something they need to be informed about.

On 4/17/2021 at 12:28 AM, MechBFP said:

They "should" be working on KSP 1?  Well you better call up their manager then and let them know they are slacking off and working on a completely different game. That does sound like something they need to be informed about.

Given the way less than ideal results being delivered on KSP 1.11, with the way less than desirable consequences on the intended audience (at least, on Steam - about 40% of the gamers in the World are on Steam, do you know?), had allowed experienced staff to work on projects those deadline is way ahead from a near and very important historical milestone for the franchise was not exactly what it would be considered a wise move.

(hell, on my time on Corporations, at this time we would be counting this deadline using weeks instead of months...)

So, yes, the manager should be informed about this (my guess is that he is already are). But not exactly the one you think: you know, your boss has a boss... Someone is paying for this party. And I consider the odds of he/them being happy slightly dim by now.

Edited by Lisias
**WAY** better phrasing = boy, I need coffee - I'm to much sleep deprived, I think...

10 minutes ago, Lisias said:

So, yes, the manager should be informed about this (my guess is that he is already are). But not exactly the one you think: you know, your boss has a boss... Someone is paying for this party. And I consider the odds of he/them being happy slightly dim by now.

Yep. Probably looking at the results, there may be a change of course, until the possibility of changes in the marinery...

Things that wouldn't reflect well on labor network pages...

3 hours ago, Lisias said:

Given the way less than ideal results being delivered on KSP 1.11, with the way less than desirable consequences on the intended audience (at least, on Steam - about 40% of the gamers in the World are on Steam, do you know?), had allowed experienced staff to work on projects those deadline is way ahead from a near and very important historical milestone for the franchise was not exactly what it would be considered a wise move.

(hell, on my time on Corporations, at this time we would counting this deadline using weeks instead of months...)

Have you considered the profit they are making from the consulting agreement to work on KSP 2 is significantly more profitable than the dwindling sales on the KSP (or whatever type of agreement they have with Private Division to work on the first game)?

Edited by MechBFP

48 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Have you considered the profit they are making from the consulting agreement to work on KSP 2 is significantly more profitable than the dwindling sales on the KSP (or whatever type of agreement they have with Private Division to work on the first game)?

Yes, and this is even worse for the franchise.

Note that KSP is being supported by Squad, which isn't developing KSP 2.  Two completely different game studios.  There is no easy way to share much more than has already likely been shared of the KSP internals.

10 minutes ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

Jeez! That much, really?! 

That's the industry standard for games and has been for a few years. So it's not bad as long as it lives up to the A rated expectations.

What has me worried is with this covid economy fluctuation and subsequent trillions of dollars spent by USA alone, they may not be able to keep it at that price by release date due to inflation and high taxation.

8 hours ago, Jacke said:

Note that KSP is being supported by Squad, which isn't developing KSP 2.  Two completely different game studios.  There is no easy way to share much more than has already likely been shared of the KSP internals.

It's not about technicalities. It's about environment, culture, internal politics and, most of all, about who is paying for this party and what they is wanting back as interest - and why I should put my money on it.

Using a somewhat dramatic comparison from the Aeronautic Industry: you can bet your SAS that every single engineer on Boing is pretty competent as an individual. But, yet, there's the Starline Capsule fiasco (not to mention 737 Max). Once the problems on the Max was solved, it ended up being a pretty good aircraft - but had you checked Boeings stocks price lately? It's slowly recovering, but there's a thingy called Opportunity Cost: why I would invest 1000 bucks to earn 1010 on something while I can invest the same 1000 bucks and get 1020 on something else?

Edited by Lisias
tyops!