Kerbal Space Program 2: Master Post

sh1pman

All I ask is please don’t gimp the game so we can’t run more than one copy. If you build a multiplayer, it’ll be amazing to have the map on a 2nd screen. I know people have tried addons like telemachus but I think I’d use multiplayer more as multi screen and would improve immersion a lot if implemented well. How can we teach NASA how to fly if we don’t have a fancy launch system?

also hopefully it’s going to be multi core and we get the option to make probes act like probes. So no nav ball, just controlled via commands/remote cameras maybe. (I can wish!).

also be nice to be able to timed commands to execute automatically, even when the craft isn’t loaded.

fancy graphics are great but I’d much prefer gameplay over graphics if the choice is the above or shinier rockets/explosions! (Both would be great though)

Here is my question, and don't get me wrong I am excited about the idea of KSP 2.

However, why drop 2 DLC's and get money from said DLC's when you clearly are well into development of KSP 2? I mean seriously what was the thought there if not a money grab. If it was not a money grab it could have simply been an update to the game or things you rolled out with KSP 2.

UPDATE: Okay so development will continue on KSP 1 and it will continue to get updates. The DLC's for the game are not nearly as egregious  as they intend to keep the two products on their own dev tracks.

Edited by Syrius
New information

1 hour ago, SingABrightSong said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/954850/Kerbal_Space_Program_2/

Those worried about timed exclusivity deals, rest at ease. 

I'd just like to remember that Private Division is the publisher of The Outer Worlds and they jumped ship to EGS - Obsidian developers were creating achievements on Steam when they received the (bad) news. And we still haven't seen any reply telling us that they want to release the game on different stores on launch day.

I just hope that I'm wrong about this. But it's terrifying. Having no mtxs is great, but not having a solid answer about store exclusivity or Denuvo is creeping me out.

The only problem I could see coming from this game is a lack of mod support. It looks way more advanced technically and has built-in online multiplayer, so hopefully that doesn't mean people won't be able to create mods...

1 minute ago, Hex3 said:

The only problem I could see coming from this game is a lack of mod support. It looks way more advanced technically and has built-in online multiplayer, so hopefully that doesn't mean people won't be able to create mods...

Mod support has been confirmed.

I was more than a little surprised when I saw the banner... "what's that... KSP 2 you say... uh, ok... HUH KSP2!!!!".

Definitely looking foward to this, although it means I'll be saying goodbye to the game I've been playing for the last 5 years, with well over 2000 hours in it. I'd better hurry up and finish the couple of projects I have ongoing/planned in the fanart section, before the the new game ships.

Then again, new game... new fan stuff to do I guess .

Kind of surprised no-ones started ringing the bell and shouting "all aboard" yet.

so that's why you need money from dlc's.

i am little upset cuz instead of updating ksp you made a whole new game. but i will be happy to buy it (i hope it will not be very expensive)

Also i hope it's not gonna be like FIFA. i mean it won't only change a number on the cover

Just now, Dman979 said:

Mod support has been confirmed.

well there go my doubts.

4 minutes ago, RockyTV said:

I'd just like to remember that Private Division is the publisher of The Outer Worlds and they jumped ship to EGS - Obsidian developers were creating achievements on Steam when they received the (bad) news. And we still haven't seen any reply telling us that they want to release the game on different stores on launch day.

I just hope that I'm wrong about this. But it's terrifying. Having no mtxs is great, but not having a solid answer about store exclusivity or Denuvo is creeping me out.

also, I've seen a lot of people already anxious about whether it'll be on the epic games store, and I have no clue why. Even if it is an Epic exclusive... does that matter? A KSP game is a KSP game.

8 minutes ago, tater said:

Gameplay.

Please, someone listen to gameplay ideas before pulling the trigger on gameplay mechanics. "Career" in KSP is a terrible mess.

Pick a goal, and make gameplay work. Exploration/colonization? "Fog of war" and new star systems each game to explore (make the player do the right things to learn about the specifics of the worlds to explore). Make failure a thing (part failures, testing, iteration, improvement). Life support.

I'm pretty sure that if they're announcing the game to be released next year it's way too late to be asking for changes to anything this fundamental. It should all have been set in stone a very long time ago. If it wasn't, if they're making changes this big this late, well, it will be interesting.

That said, I sincerely hope they took a fresh, realistic, logical approach to the science system. Taking a temperature in a different region of the Mun to get points that unlock a node to let you build a slightly larger version of a fuel tank you already have is stupid.

44 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Came completely out of the blue without any prior information at all and now I am desperately scrambling to finish my PC build before it is released.

Something I found interesting was the addition of multiplayer. I thought that Squad said "no multiplayer ever" but this is an interesting new development. Needless to say the game looks incredible from the reveal and I can't wait to see more. 
I was getting so many chills from the trailer :D 

Multiplayer often requires the code to be set for it from day 1. So as it was not originally, it was just a single player game (an awesome one), they could not add it easily.

As this is an entirely new game, they can look and start to add it from day 1. :)

Just now, Hex3 said:

well there go my doubts.

also, I've seen a lot of people already anxious about whether it'll be on the epic games store, and I have no clue why. Even if it is an Epic exclusive... does that matter? A KSP game is a KSP game.

Yes, it does. It can be the best game in the world. I don't like how Epic Games tries to restrict our choices of where we can buy the game on, while saying they're doing this to fight a monopoly that doesn't exist. And if they announced it to be an exclusive right from the start, it wouldn't be so bad as announcing it on Steam then saying later on that it will be released first on EGS then on Steam. Just take a look at the Metro Exodus controversy and crowdfunded games that promised a Steam release but jumped to EGS after being offered a millionaire deal, breaking the promise they made to backers and also not offering refunds to those that backed the game just because it would be released on Steam.

Lava...and volcanoes...and planets breaking up?!!! Is it CHRISTMAS?!!! :D

My biggest request is more worlds and more detail at small scales, particularly when landed.
I know that means more resources, more memory, more CPU, but I would really love the surface to look as realistic as possible within an engine's limitations and the limitations of resources in KSP 2.