Hopes and Wishes for KSP 2

Elthy

Now is the time to be dreaming about what KSP 2 could offer. As its (hopefully) developed from scratch without the legacy issues of a hobby project the possibilitys are endless. Stuff i hope for:

-Way better graphics (they dont need to keep those age old recommended specs in mind)

-Same moddability

-More stuff to build/explore on the planets (the trailer showed lots of large structures)

Im not so sure if i like the teased sci fi technologies from the trailer, though...

I wonder how interstellar travel will work. Will we be orbiting around a black hole?

I do like that they showed off a planet with rings in the trailer. 

I also hope they keep most of the old parts, since it would suck to have to learn all the parts again. From what we saw in the trailer, this seems to be true though.

Edited by Athen

I did just post this in the other thread: 

• That things are reminiscent of the current game, while being a step up and different. If they re-make the Kerbol System, the planets sorta have the same maps, but more epic. 
  • That Minmus and Kerbin especially still look like themselves
  • That you see something of  the old parts,  and old locations in the new game
  • Shout outs to current mods and modded locations. 
  • If story,  one that you shape, and the kerbals are still fairly blank slate characters for us to project on
  • that it is in fact, a sequel, not a remake, and that the two stand on their own.
  • That it doesn't result in  people  no longer playing the first
  • Inclusion of the original music from the start screen.
  • better physics - less building to avoid bad glitches
  • Wheels which actually work 
  • That the fantastic editor interface and orbit interfaces have their best bits carried over
  • Realistically expanding engine plumes
  • Biomes renamed to something that makes sense, if  still an in game concept.
  • Water Physics
  • If there is a career, it's focus is on continuous action and building, and not talking points up to unlock stuff
  • actual science activities, not just click to collect
  • That new parts are done with imagination, not just real life copies
  • Complex landscapes
  • More named female characters- ballance it like a modern game
  • Still open to modding, save and file tinkering? 
  • And lastly, 
  • That the people making it have seen the online community, and  tap into the vast imagination seen here.

4 hours ago, Elthy said:

Im not so sure if i like the teased sci fi technologies from the trailer, though...

If they make it a bit more near future, then it will seem more  of a sequel than a remake. Ideally, this would be set in the future.

Edited by Tw1
Also, that it's not too soon, like, don't be dropping in january.

Something I've seen in the trailer and screenshots that worries me a bit is that it seems like they've just ported over all the parts from KSP.

I wouldn't be as worried for this if it weren't for the fact that the parts shown were the older models before any revamps. Let's hope that these are just placeholders and that they will make them look like the revamps or make them even better.
Let's also hope that they integrate a lot of the new features added in the latest updates and DLC's.

7 minutes ago, T1mo98 said:

Something I've seen in the trailer and screenshots that worries me a bit is that it seems like they've just ported over all the parts from KSP.

I wouldn't be as worried for this if it weren't for the fact that the parts shown were the older models before any revamps. Let's hope that these are just placeholders and that they will make them look like the revamps or make them even better.
Let's also hope that they integrate a lot of the new features added in the latest updates and DLC's.

I can see a lot of re-work in the parts. Remember, this is pre-alpha. A LOT of the parts in the developer interview also are brand new.

I'm just hoping the company and developers are nice and helpful people. Not the scammers/rip offs some companies are. Also that they get treated well, so the companies above/shareholders/etc don't cause them trouble. :)

Slick engine, performance, performance, Linux support, performance, everything from KSP with a facelift (which is already covered to spare and then some, judging by trailers), a potential for expanding it, stock procedural exhaust plumes.

Oh, and also performance!

Damn, what a great time we live in!

Edited by Psycho_zs

1 minute ago, Technical Ben said:

I can see a lot of re-work in the parts. Remember, this is pre-alpha. A LOT of the parts in the developer interview also are brand new.

I'm just hoping the company and developers are nice and helpful people. Not the scammers/rip offs some companies are. Also that they get treated well, so the companies above/shareholders/etc don't cause them trouble. :)

I can indeed see that the parts have been reworked, but I don't think it's enough. Take the Poodle for example, it still has that tiny nozzle in this trailer, so I really do hope that these are placeholders. It would be a real shame if they made this entire game new and awesome but then forgot to use the revamped parts instead of the ugly old ones.

8 minutes ago, T1mo98 said:

I can indeed see that the parts have been reworked, but I don't think it's enough. Take the Poodle for example, it still has that tiny nozzle in this trailer, so I really do hope that these are placeholders. It would be a real shame if they made this entire game new and awesome but then forgot to use the revamped parts instead of the ugly old ones.

Then again, the old poodle was more iconic. It always needed a better nozzle so isn't the best example. But the mainsail for example, that's distinctive, and would be great to see in higher quality.  

Edited by Tw1

Please include a "Black Box" recording mode which would allow for the replay of game play segments not simply for analysis, but also for the purposes of realtime playback for cinematic creation purposes.

Example:  Maybe I need to play at one particular (low graphics) setting for playability reasons, but if I played back a segment via the "Black Box" replay system I could then render and view separately at a much higher quality setting.

Edited by pquade

My Wish list for SantaKerbbal.

-Multi-Core Support (with Hyperthreading) and Pure x64 Code!

-Better Physics (with N-body orbital dynamics and lagrange points?)

-Better/More control over parts placement in VAB. (Would be nice to have multiples of 5-7-9, and perhaps an indicator of part angle, with snap control variability of up to about 1/10 a degree.)

-Better parts sorting.  (Maybe use sliders like Tweekscale does to control size/length/volume/color etc on a single part rather than have separate parts for each, with different variables unlocking as you progress?)

-Integrated Mechjeb for us fumble fingered id10ts?

-More terrain features.  (More trees, rocks, rivers, streams etc.  Maybe add some more Biomes like jungles, swamps, wetlands, corals etc?)

-More missions for aircraft. (Search and Rescue, Medivac, Intercept, Survey, Military/Police assistance, Prisoner transport, etc?)

-More purposes for Land and Orbital bases.  (Refueling, Science, Medical, etc.)

-Integrated Resources. (For refueling, exploration/survey, exploitation for money, etc.)

-Customizable Kerbals?  (Height, weight, hair and colors, uniforms?)

Thanks for listening Santa-Kerbal!  See you in Kristmas!  :D

(EDIT:  Almost forgot!  WEATHER! (Clouds, fog, storms, rain, waves, etc!))

Edited by Leopardmadcat
addon

1 minute ago, Athen said:

can we get a source for that?

What's the matter, don't trust me? :P

1 hour ago, PulsarPixie said:

Q: Will mods be as supported in KSP2?

A: Kerbal Space Program 2 has undergone a deep structural overhaul that has enabled us to give modders unprecedented access to systems they could not touch in the original KSP.  We can't wait to reveal more details about mod support at a later time.

1 minute ago, Athen said:

can we get a source for that?

From here https://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/game/kerbal-space-program-2/

Multiplayer/Modding

The technological developments made to the foundations of Kerbal Space Program 2 will build on the beloved modding capabilities of the original game, as well as deliver on the long-requested addition of multiplayer. Soon players will be able to share the challenges of deep space exploration. More details on these features will be revealed at a later time.

6 minutes ago, Leopardmadcat said:

More missions for aircraft. (Search and Rescue, Medivac, Intercept, Survey, Military/Police assistance, Prisoner transport, etc?)

Just as long as this doesn't become a big focus. One of the shortcomings of KSP1 was by making so many thing happen through contracts, it told you what to do, rather than giving you reasons. 
I don't want to be told to do something I want to be able to see goals of my own, and do things which let me achieve those goals.

Edited by Tw1

Atmospheric effects and landscape detail. (Clouds, auroras, rain, snow, cities, forests, etc.) I want all the planets to feel like they have more depth and life. Can you imagine a sudden dust-storm on Duna while you desperately try to find your way back to your spacecraft while on EVA?

Or better yet, a snowstorm on Val? I can't begin to imagine the possibilities that we're talking about here. Just the trailer was enough to get my hyped up. I can't wait for more information. 

Edited by Lo var Lachland