Hopes and Wishes for KSP 2

Elthy

1 minute ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Atmospheric effects and landscape detail. (Clouds, auroras, rain, snow, cities, forests, etc.) I want all the planets to feel like they have more depth and life. Can you imagine a sudden dust-storm on Duna while you desperately try to find your way back to your spacecraft while on EVA?

Or better yet, a snowstorm on Val? I can't begin to imagine the possibilities that we're talking about here. Just the trailer was enough to make me tear up. I can't wait for more information. 

Imagine sudden gusts of wind knocking your rockets over.

Just now, Citizen247 said:

Can't do intestellar travel on chemical rockets, even at one tenth scale.

I mean, possibly you could. It'd just take a really, really long time and there's no guarantee that anything that was supposed to work still works after 1k+ years.

Just now, Astrofox said:

I mean, possibly you could. It'd just take a really, really long time and there's no guarantee that anything that was supposed to work still works after 1k+ years.

Well, yeah. But it wouldn't be fun in a game and you're immediately removing kerballed missions to the stars. 

47 minutes ago, T1mo98 said:

I can indeed see that the parts have been reworked, but I don't think it's enough. Take the Poodle for example, it still has that tiny nozzle in this trailer, so I really do hope that these are placeholders. It would be a real shame if they made this entire game new and awesome but then forgot to use the revamped parts instead of the ugly old ones.

As said. Pre-alpha. And, keeping the current stock parts*, and adding, 25% or 50% more is fine. See the Steam page for some pics of the new parts. There is a TON of them. Mainly resource/base/station parts. :)

*They are almost certainly re=working some of the stock ones. New shaders for instance.

Edited by Technical Ben

2 minutes ago, KerbolExplorer said:

I do hope that the ground textures get reworked they look worse than the current ones:/

On the other hand, the ground scatter looks good.

I'm really hoping for support for bad gpu computers. I'm ready to play with minimal graphics, as long as i can build humoungous ships. And have massive explosions. 

So, what new planets do you think will be in KSP 2? We know there is already the stock system, but it seems there will be even more planets and possibly stars to visit since it seems there will be interstellar travel in the game. I hope there will be a ringed planet system you can visit in some distant system away from kerbol, but what about you?

We have multiple star systems, and 4 confirmed planets -

Ovin, a ringed super-Earth with relentless gravity.

Rask and Rusk, a binary pair locked in a dance of death.

Charr, a molten world made out of iron. 

I'm very happy that we're getting lava worlds probably because im sick of configuring lava worlds in ksp 1

Edited by Xurkitree

Just now, Xurkitree said:

On the other hand, the ground scatter looks good.

I'm really hoping for support for bad gpu computers. I'm ready to play with minimal graphics, as long as i can build humoungous ships. And have massive explosions. 

I can run KSP with scatterers and EVE at 30 fps i could play like that so hopefully the game is well enought optimized or isn't graphically intense on my PC

I am really worried about my graphics card tho,I got an NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 and it doesn't seem good enought for gaming in 2019 :( (I can run Subnautica BZ 15 fps and thats good enought for me so MAYBE the Graphics card wont be a big isiue 

Just now, Xurkitree said:

Ovin, a ringed super-Earth with relentless gravity.

Rask and Rusk, a binary pair locked in a dance of death.

Charr, a molten world made out of iron. 

Those new planets sound interesting. I wonder what it will be like to visit them! Ovin sounds like a planet that would be hard to escape from the surface, due to it having what is probably more gravity than tylo.

I hope we get some new systems that are based on known exoplanetary systems, like some around red dwarfs or with very compact orbits or with several habitable planets, maybe even analogues to nearby systems like Alpha/Proxima Centauri, LHS 1140, TRAPPIST-1, Tau Ceti, etc. The first glimpses of the new planets are already extremely promising (a ringed Super-Earth, tidally heated binary planets) and I hope there will be a large selection of unique places to go to.  

Just now, KerbolExplorer said:

I can run KSP with scatterers and EVE at 30 fps i could play like that so hopefully the game is well enought optimized or isn't graphically intense on my PC

I am really worried about my graphics card tho,I got an NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 and it doesn't seem good enought for gaming in 2019 :( (I can run Subnautica BZ 15 fps and thats good enought for me so MAYBE the Graphics card wont be a big isiue 

dude i have an Intel HD 620, using scatterer immediately causes the game to stutter

Should this be pinned? Maybe so the devs can see? I dunno

Anyway a bit from my thoughts, and a bit from others I'd like to see on the announcement thread

• Life support is a thing for colonies
  • You can build ships and launch them on colonies
  • (Big one) You can "spawn" new Kerbals on colonies to grow them
  • You have to worry about radiation, both from your nuclear powered ships, and space
  • Plenty of robotic parts, expanded from the DLC of the first game
  • New, interesting way to perform science
  • New ways to build your space program/get new tech
  • Some sort of story mode? Idk on this, but something that gives you a story, ancient aliens is the first thing that comes to mind, but maybe first contact. (This isn't high on my wishlist, and feels more like a bad DLC suggestion though...).
  • More variety on major parts (why only one NTR, or one Ion drive, etc?). Doesn't need to apply to all, but at least some, you know?
Edited by Spaceception

2 minutes ago, Xurkitree said:

dude i have an Intel HD 620, using scatterer immediately causes the game to stutter

Oh i see.but don't worry im sure you will be atleast able to run the game at a good framerate with low graphics :)

or who knows maybe the devs made some supper 100% optimization that can allow a gameboy to run the game 10000 fps

I hope KSP2 follows up on the discovery of Earth in the Kerbal Chronicles by allowing us to travel to Earth and collect artifacts. It would also be cool if the game went into more detail about the Kerbals' societies.

Edited by OrionPie
Fixing up some words that might be misleading to the reader.

8 minutes ago, Xurkitree said:

WAIT ONE MORE

Damn i should really get my wishes straight.

BETTER MUSIC. Custom tracks. 

Even nicer would be the ability to substitute our own.

I wanna give you a like but...THE LIKE LIMIT STRIKES AGAIN

I saw in the dev trailer a guy with what appeard a music maker software let me see if i can get a pic of it...

EDIT

Found it! 1:30 of the trailer

zudhjoo.png

Edited by KerbolExplorer

I have a buddy who loves space stuff, sends me updates on SpaceX launches and everything. I tried to get him into KSP once but the learning curve is kind of steep and he really wanted some way to do multiplayer with me. He doesn't really enjoy playing games by himself, he just wants to socialize with his friends.

All I really want is to be able to share a solar system with a friend or a small group of friends, and I will be ridiculously happy if that happens.

Edited by Opus_723

Just now, Opus_723 said:

All I really want is to be able to share a solar system with a friend or a small group of friends, and I will be ridiculously happy if that happens.

Well you're gonna be ludicrously happy, because it looks like you'll be able to share SEVERAL solar systems with each other :D

Just now, Opus_723 said:

I have a buddy who loves space stuff, sends me updates on SpaceX launches and everything. I tried to get him into KSP once but the learning curve is kind of steep and he really wanted some way to do multiplayer with me. He doesn't really enjoy playing games by himself, he just wants to socialize with his friends.

And it even seems that it will have better tutorials!

I aswell had some friends that liked KSP but never really got into it because of the learning curve and it was at an age where the translation didn't exist and my friend being spanish they didn't understand a thing of the already bad tutorials :(

It's sad that as far as i know i'm the only one at my high school that even knows KSP exists

Just now, KerbolExplorer said:

And it even seems that it will have better tutorials!

I aswell had some friends that liked KSP but never really got into it because of the learning curve and it was at an age where the translation didn't exist and my friend being spanish they didn't understand a thing of the already bad tutorials :(

It's sad that as far as i know i'm the only one at my high school that even knows KSP exists

I'm surprised by the number of people who have heard/played ksp, although none of them played/play them as much as i do.

Also thanks for the music thing, I'm hype!