Hopes and Wishes for KSP 2

Elthy

4 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

Well you're gonna be ludicrously happy, because it looks like you'll be able to share SEVERAL solar systems with each other :D

I'm just a little nervous that the multiplayer is going to be something like co-op Making History missions instead. I'm crossing my fingers hoping it will be more like sharing a Minecraft server.

Edited by Opus_723

We already have multiple lauch sites in original KSP and we will have Multiplayer in the second one. What if we will have kind of campaigns-slash-missions-slash-scenarios inspired either by space exploration history (Space Race, Moon Race, you name it) or by forum challenges? Preferably playable both against other players and against AI. It surely needs some "Kerbal Construction Time" mechanics, maybe cost-based.

UPD. TERRAFORMING. Do I need to advocate it?

Edited by crberus

Just now, Xurkitree said:

I'm surprised by the number of people who have heard/played ksp, although none of them played/play them as much as i do.

I agree with you but the problem has mostly always been the steep learning curve.Im really glad I got over it(if not i wouldn't be here :) ) 

We already know the tutorials are getting improved lets just hope it explains the game a lot more than the current one

30 minutes ago, crberus said:

UPD. TERRAFORMING. Do I need to advocate it?

Something like that would need to be unrealistically dumbed down, simplified, and sped up to work within this game, and be bearable. I'd like to see better mechanics for Terraforming in a game like Stellaris for example. But in KSP, a few measly spacecraft doing the work of a Kardashev scale civilization is way too much, not just for the game, but probably for the computer itself. And if you have that, why not have megastructures like an O'Neil cylinder? Which would be worse.

Interstellar travel and Colonization mechanics is enough I feel, sorry... I would like to see already habitable planets like Duna though, that would be cool, but it'd fit more in a mod.

Edited by Spaceception
Bit wordy

1 hour ago, Astrofox said:

I now wonder if relativistic mechanics could come into play lol

I think this will be the bar to reach really.

KSP is a fun enough game and all, but to me it's fame is that it thought me the rocket equation, orbital mechanics and just-enough-aerodynamics in a fun and playful way. There are plenty of space games that run on 'fake physics'; I play KSP for the real deal (in a forgiving setting).

I want learn something new from KSP2, and 'teaching General Relativity to kids' would be it.

Also, yes, linux compatible would be a need for me.

Edited by The-Grim-Sleeper

I agree with everyone on the terrain remapping, weather, biomes, my own goals not just contracts, more uses for everything and better physics. I saw someone say N-body physics could be a hard mode and I feel this is the best fit as it is very hard to wrap your mind around n-body physics. To add more of my own, I think that they should focus on near-future parts, but leave alone our normal chemical rockets and expand upon KSPs old parts with new models and new parts along with the near-future parts. Also better graphics and better support for potato pcs. (Like Ray Tracing, it looks great in the trailer and some people can run it) I do disagree one idea thrown around by @Tw1

2 hours ago, Tw1 said:

I did just post this in the other thread: 

• Shout outs to the old parts, old locations current mods and modded locations.
  • that it is in fact, a sequel, not a remake, and that the two stand on their own.
  • That it doesn't result in  people  no longer playing the first

I believe because KSP doesn't have a story, that having them stand on their own doesn't work very well and all your doing is splitting the community between 2 games, like Runescape did in I think 2013. I feel like they should add features, parts, worlds, supports etc but not disclude old ksp items like planets and parts.

4 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

Something like that would need to be incredibly dumbed down, ridiculously simplified, and unrealistically sped up to work within this game, and be bearable. I'd like to see better mechanics for Terraforming in a game like Stellaris for example. But in KSP, a few measly spacecraft doing the work of a Kardashev scale civilization is way too much, not just for the game, but probably for the computer itself. And if you have that, why not have megastructures like an O'Neil cylinder? Which would be worse.

Interstellar travel and Colonization mechanics is enough I feel, sorry... I would like to see already habitable planets like Duna though, that would be cool, but it'd fit more in a mod.

Yet we don't know how exactly will colonization work, so all my thoughts may be wrong, but development of a colony can be divided into stages, where every next stage can effect a planet a little bit more than a previous one. Like "Pressurized Modules/Self-sufficient Pressurized Modules/Underground shelters/Domes/A few stages of Atmosphere Transformation/Water liquifying/Magnetic Field establishing". Yes, it will be pretty discrete, but there are already lots of things simplified. And why a civilization capable of interstellar travel would be incapable of terraforming?

The game not crawling to a halt if too many parts and resource processing are within physics range, specially since it's going to support stock bases

Some sort of VR support, although I'm not sure how much KSP lends itself to it. It would be awesome to fly around revamped Kerbin, Laythe or Eve in first person VR, but more complex interfaces like ship building may not work so well in VR, specially due the limited controls

Good EVA controls, including EVA first person view and idle animations for non controlled Kerbals in EVA

Edited by juanml82

21 minutes ago, crberus said:

Yet we don't know how exactly will colonization work, so all my thoughts may be wrong, but development of a colony can be divided into stages, where every next stage can effect a planet a little bit more than a previous one. Like "Pressurized Modules/Self-sufficient Pressurized Modules/Underground shelters/Domes/A few stages of Atmosphere Transformation/Water liquifying/Magnetic Field establishing". Yes, it will be pretty discrete, but there are already lots of things simplified. And why a civilization capable of interstellar travel would be incapable of terraforming?

Colonies being split into developmental stages is a good idea, not it leading into terraforming.

For a game that's has relatively ok scientific accuracy, terraforming would just throw it out the window, because at least the space program we have doesn't jump too far off the deep end, and the unrealistic aspects are for gameplay/headache reducing purposes. This is completely different.

Edited by Spaceception
Snipped unnecessary things

3 hours ago, Athen said:

I wonder how interstellar travel will work. Will we be orbiting around a black hole?

I do like that they showed off a planet with rings in the trailer. 

I also hope they keep most of the old parts, since it would suck to have to learn all the parts again. From what we saw in the trailer, this seems to be true though.

In the developer movie they explicily mention that KSP 2, in constrast to KSP 1 which focused on early space technology,  will instead focus on near and far future development. so we will be able to launch a mission to the mun as a start and continu from there

Edited by FreeThinker

25 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

Colonies being split into developmental stages is a good idea, not it leading into terraforming.

For a game that's has relatively ok scientific accuracy, terraforming would just throw it out the window, because at least the space program we have doesn't jump too far off the deep end, and the unrealistic aspects are for gameplay/headache reducing purposes. This is completely different.

Who said terraforming might be easy for player? It must be something way harder than bringing an SSTO to Eeloo and back. You might need to bring enormous amount of water with ice-asteroids/comets, or do something equally difficult/time spending to transform an atmosphere into (moderately-)breathable conditions. Maybe a magnetic field is unnecessary, because there are none in a game yet.

Since we don't have and probably won't have N-Body physics or advanced life support, terraforming can bring a new orders of challenge for skilled players and new level of YouTubeability for a game itself. I don't really see the complete difference between having impossible trio of Jool's moons and having funny feature, achievment of which is way harder than everything before.

12 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

In the developer movie they explicily mention that KSP 2, in constrast to KSP 1 which focused on early space technology,  will instead focus on near and far future development. so we will be able to launch a mission to the mun as a start and continu from there

They said "KSP 2 explores the near future." They said nothing about whether or not KSP 2 will still have early, historic rocketry gameplay.

I want there to be actual basic water physics. If there is, and the parts to use it, I may a little more Ok with not taking my amphibious rover, a vessel I've refined over 6 years, with me to this sequel version.

Focusing on management and exploration is something I've wanted since the original Alpha, so there's that.

I also hope some of the knowledge of how parts and cfgs work crosses over, that they've made some similar design choices for usability. 

I hope there will be some chance at getting old part models from old mods to work in the new one, even if it takes a bit of editing. 

I kinda do hope that 1 and 2 will both continue somehow, even if 1 isn't updating so much. 

Edited by Tw1

YES! A new Kerbal Space Program game what is a sequel to our loved spaceflight simulation. Annouced today, the KSP fans are so hyped before seeing the trailer. You may know if you see Squad is now working on Gas Planet 2, now is Ovin with his moons. Kerbals earned a new visual and enhanced. Multiplayer was added. Anyway, what you want to SQUAD add to Kerbal Space Program 2?

Edited by TheJoolian
correction

KSP 2 has announced and i want more things to add in the game. Should be civilization-type 2 rocket engineering, the actual parts from the rockets of today like for Falcon Heavy and 9 parts. And the scrapped planets Gas planet 2 and 3. Nah, Gas planet 2 is Ovin. Now i am waiting if SQUAD will add the Gas planet 3 as Liedna. A gas giant that's a double-size of Jool and has 5 major moons and 3 minor moons. The 5 major moons are - Casedir, Honada, Yolka, Nevert and Sertilla. The minor moons are - Upion, Pletiga and Hyalger. Plz SQUAD, if you work for Gas planet 3, i would be satisfated.

Just now, Bartybum said:

I'd like the same easter eggs teasing about ancient Kerbal lore transferred over, like Duna's SSTV and Val's stonehenge, as well as new stuff. Perhaps snippets could be unlocked through science?

should be a good idea man