Hopes and Wishes for KSP 2

Elthy

2 hours ago, Redneck said:

Voxel terrain in a limited way. Possibly a drill head/bit part for under ice exploration to go with user constructed water craft. (think ice world with ocean underneath (Europa)) on the PQS. Also enhanced IVA. (Move through interior of ship/station/craft) 

They've already said no to this unfortunately

I'm still a little nervous and worried about what they might have done to the original planets. I want to experience the familiar places in new ways, not imposters that are the same colour and size. Upgraded, more detailed geology, sure, but I want to see the same character,  and seem like it's the same planet from ksp1 to 2.

And we've got weird planets, like Minmus with it's distinctive slopes and  flats, like the Moho moehole, which make those place special. I hope they don't get carried away and remove those's best  parts.

I guess we'll see.

Edited by Tw1

Hopes: more passive experiments.

Most experiments aren't done in an instant, especially astronomy-related experiments (mapping gravitational/magnetic fields, etc.) Experiments should be similar to Breaking Ground Experiment Stations. Leave it in a decent orbit/location and let it do the science.

18 hours ago, Tw1 said:

I'm still a little nervous and worried about what they might have done to the original planets.

Amusingly I'm worried about the opposite. They've all but said they won't add axial tilt to any of the original planets and frankly I think that's a mistake. I think at least most worlds' tilts should match their orbits, and especially so for Moho.

Edited by 5thHorseman

10 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Amusingly I'm worried about the opposite. They've all but said they won't add axial tilt to any of the original planets and frankly I think that's a mistake. I think at least most worlds' tilts should match their orbits, and especially so for Moho.

Nothing a good mod won't fix.  Real axial tilts and OPM will come a long way ;) 

12 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Yes, if I wanted to explore the same planets I'd stick with KSP 1. Star Theory should improve the planets now that they have the chance. 

Ah,im an aircraft lover actually,and  I wonder if there will be a function that could adjust the fuel amount  inside the fuel tank to simulate the fuel consumption process during the flight,then i could adjust the wings to the best position…

Edited by DAWN

I would like a few mods to be integrated into the game:

-stockalike station parts

-near future technologies

-docking port alignment indicators

-kerbal star systems

if these cant be or aren't implemented, then all I ask is a few star systems, some more science experiments, station parts, and probe cores.

Edited by aerox_llc
missing word (implemented)

7 hours ago, Francois424 said:

Nothing a good mod won't fix.  Real axial tilts and OPM will come a long way ;) 

Honestly I think they should add to the Kerbol system because at the start where a lot of players will probably be, it gives players more things to explore and test before going interstellar.  But keep the original planets.

So something like OPM is on the wish list for me. Anyway OPM was based on ideas originally developed for the game.

On Axial tilt, the original planets should have it. Specifically Kerbin since it teaches you how axial tilt effects launches in real life. They don't need to do the whole 23.5 degrees they could do some thing around 10 instead. To me it just add a nice level of immersion and realism to the game that KSP1 lacked.

Edited by Lach_01298
grammar

9 minutes ago, Lach_01298 said:

On Axial tilt, the original planets should have it specifically Kerbin since it teaches you how axial tilt effects launches in real life.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to give Kerbin axial tilt, since for new players learning how to get into orbit is already a significant task, let alone dealing with the dV losses axial tilt introduces. I think beginning the tilt at Duna would be a good idea instead, since going there is generally the first interplanetary step. The Mun is basically at zero eccentricity to allow players to first handle the concept of orbital transfers, and Minmus then adds inclined orbits. Duna then adds eccentricity, so I'd argue it's also a good case for introducing some light axial tilt. Something like Dres, Eeloo or Moho could introduce greater tilt to spice them up.

Edited by Bartybum

1 minute ago, Bartybum said:

I'm not sure it's a good idea to give Kerbin axial tilt, since for new players learning how to get into orbit is already a significant task, let alone dealing with the dV losses axial tilt introduces. I think beginning the tilt at Duna would be a good idea instead, since going there is generally the first interplanetary step. The Mun is basically at zero eccentricity to allow players to first handle the concept of orbital transfers, and Minmus then adds inclined orbits. Duna then adds eccentricity, so I'd argue it's also a good case for introducing some light axial tilt. Something like Dres, Eeloo or Moho could introduce greater tilt to spice them up.

I was more agreeing about Moho, Duna, Jool's Moons, and any OPM planets (Like Urlum, who should have a pretty wicked 90 degree tilt, with her moons orbiting what would be "polar" on Kerbin.  Would be quite the view coming in tho !).
I agree about leaving Kerbin and 2 moons like they are.

After a heap of hours building plane with the occasional Mun and Minmus landing, I thought I would finally learn how to dock.

So, the developers have said they have revised the tutorial system. I think that include a quicksave option in the tutorials.  Since after, 30 minutes of maneuvering I accidentally pressed the z key and rammed my capsule into the other. Not so keen on starting the whole orbital thing over again.

16 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Fair enough. But I would like some axial tilt on the other original planets, if not Kerbin.

I suppose I could just add a mod to give Kerbin Axial tilt.

Edited by Lach_01298

1 hour ago, Lach_01298 said:

Fair enough. But I would like some axial tilt on the other original planets, if not Kerbin.

I suppose I could just add a mod to give Kerbin Axial tilt.

I mean, I'd be perfectly happy with Kerbin axial tilt being toggleable

31 minutes ago, TackleMcClean said:

Has there been any official word on multi-core cpu support for the new engine?

I've tried to extrapolate the status from different interviews etc but it seems to be somewhere between a no and no comment.

They dont know yet. They want to give the best performance available and if that means going single core, they'll go single core. If it means going multi core, they'll go mutli core. It's too early in development to really know how the game will truly run.

26 minutes ago, Kerblan07 said:

I’m hoping for waaaaay better landscape. The only interesting thing on Kerbin is the KSC, I want there to be cities and stuff, so I can crash my space shuttle in interesting environments, not just grass.

The Terrain system did get an overhaul, and they said they've also updated the Scatter system to increase the scatter. There's basically forests now instead of random trees for miles. 

4 hours ago, Kerblan07 said:

I’m hoping for waaaaay better landscape. The only interesting thing on Kerbin is the KSC, I want there to be cities and stuff, so I can crash my space shuttle in interesting environments, not just grass.

Add cities, add penalty for crashing into cities, and add destruction effect for destroying cities and trees.