Hopes and Wishes for KSP 2

Elthy

I just thought of something that would be neat to have in KSP 2. 

I don't know exactly what it's called, but basically when the control surfaces don't follow the engine gimbal or thrust vectoring. 

Think the F-22. It can pitch it's nose about 15 degrees or so upwards, but angle its thrust in a way that it can slide parallels to the ground. 

Detached thrust and control surfaces basically.

4 hours ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

Make OPM stock lol

Not gonna happen (either literally, or in the sense of "add more planets to the outskirts of the system").

They've explicitly stated that they're not adding any new celestial bodies to the kerbals' home solar system.  New planets will go in new solar systems.

On 9/4/2019 at 3:25 PM, tater said:

Arguing that I'm wrong to use "program"? Fine, call them launch and spacecraft providers, whatever you want to call a generic entity that sends stuff to every world in the solar system. Bottom line is that that is a thing in KSP already, it's just very poorly done. Improved KSP would take that fact and run with it. Rescue contracts? Sure, how about other entities with stations or bases that seek resupply? That's a pretty normal KSP type contract, and it might be fun to visit an alternate station/base that you didn't design. Maybe another program sends a craft to grab a asteroid, and it bumped the thing and broke the engine off, and they ask for their crew to be rescued, AND they offer more funds if you can move the thing into a stable orbit around wherever. Instead of a single kerbal in a single part, you rendezvous with a large ISRU craft attached to an asteroid with 5 crew. Even if not an explicit race, it might be cool (and instructive for new players) to see other programs flying stuff at certain launch windows. When a Duna window opens, you might see a spacecraft on the map you can check out (but not interact with) that does a TDI burn. If you highlight it, and stay in map mode, you see the maneuver it does, go to external view, and you can see what that craft looks like.

Hmm, when the devs show themselves here and (hopefully!) take more questions, you should ask if that could be planned for the future (could definitely enhance progression mode) or can be at least moddable. I had no idea how much I wanted to see that until I did. What was that Henry Ford quote again?

Edited by Spaceception

I really hope to see better ground exploration w.r.t to rovers and all. At the moment it is all so limited.

What would be really cool is being to set a waypoints to rovers and let them slowly move along, including during timewarp, while you do other things*.

*Such as landing the return vehicle at the last waypoint for example.

I hope they change the tourism missions a bit in KSP2. IMHO, they get a bit over the top in KSP once you have been to other planets. It seems illogical that a group of tourists show up, all expecting to go to different destinations, including different planets. Maybe I'm just being lazy or doing it wrong, but it creates an incentive to hold off with visiting other planets until you have milked tourism a bit, and then basically forget about those missions.

I think it would make more sense (and be more interesting) if the player were able to define travel itineraries, and then, depending on what was included, get some bonus reward for completing the whole trip.

I want a 600-1000 part aricraft to have little to no lag! 8) (On my Phenom II 1100T cpu!!) I think they can do better actually. 5000 should be the minimum!! ;D

And linux. but I guess if it's in KSP1 also I won't care much.

Edited by Arugela

Radical suggestion: When a kerbal dies, a ghost pops up for a while, like when a pikmin is killed in pikmin, and vanishes in the direction of kerbin. IDK. could be cooler than just *poof*

I do hope they work on the kerbals from the demo and trailer. The green looked wrong. IMHO, the texture replacer standard pack has a good range of skin tones which look right on kerbals. 

Also, with the space center - I suspect that having flat clear ground encourages people to experiment and build contraptions. Nothing to hit, means you can fly any nonsense around as much as you like. So I think they should keep some area around launch facilities like that. 

Edited by Tw1

9 minutes ago, Ethan Kerman said:

FTL DRIVE PEOPLE

Not gonna happen on stock

8 hours ago, Tw1 said:

Radical suggestion: When a kerbal dies, a ghost pops up for a while, like when a pikmin is killed in pikmin, and vanishes in the direction of kerbin. IDK. could be cooler than just *poof*

Great idea for a mod

On 9/17/2019 at 3:56 PM, RealKerbal3x said:

Not gonna happen. Developers need to make money.

No, they need to make games. Money is incidental and should be based on merit! 8)

And we do not know if kerbals have souls. Just look at jeb. They're more like plantine automatons! Technically if they die they just add an insignificant chance of life developing on a new planet. Or adding minute amounts of bacteria and plant matter and potentially seeds into the soil to begin to teraform it in a million or so years. Enough crashes and you will increase the density of soil composition and life will begin! But they jipped the feature with parts count limits and the inabiilty to easily load a few miillion kerbals into a ship to do full teraforming campaigns. Has anyone tried doing this in game yet? it could be a hidden feature!

Edited by Arugela

One other thing, while I remember: The Mun's crater distribution seemed like it had room for improvement to me. This time around, I would like to see more differentiation between the nearside and farside. 

I wouldn't mind if they kept the steep mountains at the poles though.

(And if they kept very similar landforms near the prograde point I would be surprised and very happy as I can build a third iteration of my "city" there, but that's just me, and I'm not actually expecting that.)