Hopes and Wishes for KSP 2

Elthy

11 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

I want to be able to run private multiplayer servers that work when im not online

So like pay someone else to host a server?

I'd assume this is possible as it's pretty much a staple in any popular multiplayer game with private servers. But, as with most everything else about KSP2 we don't know for sure yet.

20 minutes ago, Francois424 said:

I think he means like Neverwinter Nights servers you could run from your PC.

I did that for a while and it was a blast.

Oh I thought "while offline" meant he had no access.

I never even considered they wouldn't have a headless server option. And if they don't, you could just leave the full game up.

My wish for KSP2:

Everything should be able to function equally well durring real time as durng time warp and offscreen, this includes, special effects, sound effects, engine acceleration, thermal heat simulation. This is an absolute must have for game thatgame that  takes deep space and interstallar exploration seriously as KSP currenly break down when ever you apply any time acceration.

Edited by FreeThinker

Thought of a thing I would like for colonies. 

The ability to build a runway if an atmosphere is present. If a planet has an atmosphere, you're obviously going to want to fly around in it, and that would require a plane, which requires a runway.... unless they expect us to do VTOLs all the time. 

I would really like to see the "auto burn" feature of SimpleRockets 2 added to KSP 2. It might seem obvious, but I was actually surprised by how much convenience this feature provided.

You create a maneuver node, enable auto burn, and then enable time warp. It then warps to shortly before the burn, waits a few seconds, then automatically start and stop the burn at the right time.

Code all the physics in a way that allow us to create huge and I mean, HUGE orbital / land structures without having to drop our FPS below playable results. 

Is too crap KSP 1 perform soo badly if you have a 100+ parts orbiting any plated with the current GPU Physics/CPU technology.

Thanks

An amendment to my previous want.

I want colony runways, but I want them buildable tiles like everything else in the colony. I want the ability to make a 10 mile runway that tilts up into the sky. I want the ability to build a quarter mile runway that drops off a cliff into a ravine.

I want the abilty to twist and turn those tiles how I see fit, so I can make the Daytona 500 in KSP... or the conceptual circular runway.

4 hours ago, Zarkov2 said:

I would really like to see the "auto burn" feature of SimpleRockets 2 added to KSP 2. It might seem obvious, but I was actually surprised by how much convenience this feature provided.

You create a maneuver node, enable auto burn, and then enable time warp. It then warps to shortly before the burn, waits a few seconds, then automatically start and stop the burn at the right time.

I won't discount the utility of it in the base game - but just want to check to make sure you're aware that MechJeb can do this in KSP1.

Spoiler
On 10/16/2019 at 6:10 AM, GoldForest said:

Multi-monitor support in general.

Some people have more screens than a stock broker.

A security mode.

Spoiler

If you are a security and playing KSP on monitors instead of securing

Spoiler

D145_82_652_1200.jpg

(The photo doesn't depict what I said, it's a random guy hinestly doing his work).

Edited by kerbiloid

18 hours ago, DStaal said:

I won't discount the utility of it in the base game - but just want to check to make sure you're aware that MechJeb can do this in KSP1.

Thanks for the tip. I was aware of autopilot abilities, but not this one specifically (although I guess it's a starting point for a space auto pilot :)). I'll definitely use MechJeb in my next career run, and hold off until it's 1.8.x friendly (if that isn't the case now).

I hope that all the planetary systems orbit around a super massive black hole, in which you can fall and get spaghettified !

Edit : i'd love to see Danny 2462 exploiting this feature...

Edited by Cleperli
Forgotten something

1 hour ago, Cleperli said:

I hope that all the planetary systems orbit around a super massive black hole, in which you can fall and get spaghettified !

Edit : i'd love to see Danny 2462 exploiting this feature...

he will turn the universe into spaghetti.

Something almost no one mentions, I would love to see more water based parts, for example ballast tanks and a better looking seafloor maybe? I would love to explore underwater volcanoes and it would be even more amazing if every planet had different things, for example: Laythe could have underwater corals or something like that, kerbin would also have them but more, eve could have volcanoes and chemicals pouring off the seafloor because its so hot, I would simply love this and would add something more to every planet than just "Landing there"

On 10/31/2019 at 2:53 AM, kerbiloid said:
  Reveal hidden contents

A security mode.

Reveal hidden contents

If you are a security and playing KSP on monitors instead of securing

Reveal hidden contents

D145_82_652_1200.jpg

(The photo doesn't depict what I said, it's a random guy hinestly doing his work).

I know a business that rents out Broadcast Control rooms. 10x 60inch 4K TV's on front wall. 4 tiers of desks back, seats 16 people each with 2x 27inch Monitors.

Would make a great KSP multi-player Mission Control if they weren't fully booked out with TV work.