Hopes and Wishes for KSP 2

Elthy

41 minutes ago, Bingleberry said:

However, @kerikbalm, manned space travel has made it to the moon, and unarmed to the edge of the solar system (in real life)... if the current toolkit of ksp is, largely, based upon real word hardware, and interstellar travel is planned for the sequel, all the drives you listed are technically “speculative,” too, because they are all in a theoretical stage of development... hell, scramjets are barely viable at the moment, but they are in the game

yes, but at least we Know that they're possible, and can built in the near future. however concepts like the alcubierre drive, need things like negative mass (which we don't  even know can be made), at incredibly high densities, massive amounts of energies, a material that can survive temperatures of 10^32 degrees kelvin, and a way to keep the thing stable when traveling at superluminal speeds.

54 minutes ago, Dirkidirk said:

yes, but at least we Know that they're possible, and can built in the near future. however concepts like the alcubierre drive, need things like negative mass (which we don't  even know can be made), at incredibly high densities, massive amounts of energies, a material that can survive temperatures of 10^32 degrees kelvin, and a way to keep the thing stable when traveling at superluminal speeds.

Sure, but kerikbalm listing things like “Orion drive,” and “fusion drives.” You’re saying we “know” these are possible? Do you know how much physics would go into maintaining a stable fusion drive? Especially with a manned spaceship? Sure, the physics is “plausible,” but we’re far from “knowing” it’s possible. We’re not even too sure how “plausible,” practically speaking, an earth-based fusion reactor is. The Orion drive relies on detonating nuclear bombs behind you... again, “plausible,” but “knowing” it’s possible... not really...

Edited by Bingleberry

50 minutes ago, Bingleberry said:

Sure, but kerikbalm listing things like “Orion drive,” and “fusion drives.” You’re saying we “know” these are possible? Do you know how much physics would go into maintaining a stable fusion drive? Especially with a manned spaceship? Sure, the physics is “plausible,” but we’re far from “knowing” it’s possible. We’re not even too sure how “plausible,” practically speaking, an earth-based fusion reactor is. The Orion drive relies on detonating nuclear bombs behind you... again, “plausible,” but “knowing” it’s possible... not really...

Orion drives went working scale mockups before being abandoned for political reasons.  There's no real untested technology there, just undeveloped technology.

Fusion drives would have untested technology, but barring something extremely surprising, there's no *unknowns* to the drives - We've made working fusion reactors as research experiments, they just take more power as input than they give as output.  Yes there's some hard technology development before they're useful, but the steps are all known.

The Alcubierre drive and the rest of the 'realistic' warp drives rely on quirks in the physics equations of our current theories.  Those quirks haven't been shown to correspond to anything in the real world yet, and quite possibly are only there in the math, not in reality.  We'd have to prove that the math actually applies to real life before even starting to think about building them - and we don't know how to do that yet.

2 hours ago, Bingleberry said:

ok

We know orion drives are possible. Orion with a thermonuclear weapon is by definition a type of fusion drive... so we know fusion drives are possible.

Now ICF drives... seems like it should be possible, but we don't have the tech yet to make them, but we could certainly make Orion drives.

We know antimatter drives would work, what we don't know is how to make enough antimatter, and how to store it.

On 2/9/2020 at 2:25 AM, Hotel26 said:
On 2/9/2020 at 2:06 AM, Satellitefanatic said:

I don't know what "BD Armory" is, but frankly, I am scared.

I play (or have played) games such as M$ Flight Simulator, Minecraft[*] and KSP, that are genuinely pacific.  I don't know what "BOGEY!", "CHECK SIX!!" or "EJECT! EJECT!! EJECT!!!" mean, but I do not wish to learn either...

For the same reasons, I do not wish to go interstellar (or use any planet packs).  I've explored pretty much all of stock KSP and have satisfied my constituents that there is no other life out there.

And that is a good thing.

Bogey is the enemy. Check six means look behind you. And eject means pull the yellow handle on military aircraft, such as the f 18.

On 2/9/2020 at 9:25 AM, Hotel26 said:

I play (or have played) games such as M$ Flight Simulator, Minecraft[*] and KSP, that are genuinely pacific.  I don't know what "BOGEY!", "CHECK SIX!!" or "EJECT! EJECT!! EJECT!!!" mean, but I do not wish to learn either...

For the same reasons, I do not wish to go interstellar (or use any planet packs).  I've explored pretty much all of stock KSP and have satisfied my constituents that there is no other life out there.

* I know that some will argue with this, but if you lock yourself in at nighttime, feed yourself via farming -- and stay the Hell out of the Netherworld -- Minecraft is very peaceful...

Multiplayer has nothing to do with the game being pacifistic or not.

I play both KSP and VTOL VR (BD Armory's creator own aerial combat VR single player game) and I don't mix the two, I can't understand why playing KSP multiplayer would immediately transform it into a war game.

Edited by Guest
Fixed

On 8/20/2019 at 3:32 AM, KerbolExplorer said:

Hopefully if they add it that a logic system is optional....Stormworks already showed me that i'm terrible at logic

Wow, I thought I was the only one here who plays. It isn’t that hard, you just need to learn the basics first.

That would be amazing though.

On 2/9/2020 at 3:25 AM, Hotel26 said:

* I know that some will argue with this, but if you lock yourself in at nighttime, feed yourself via farming -- and stay the Hell out of the Netherworld -- Minecraft is very peaceful...

1 hour ago, Master39 said:

Multiplayer has nothing to do with the game being pacific or not.

I play both KSP and VTOL VR (BD Armory's creator own aerial combat VR single player game) and I don't mix the two, I can't understand why playing KSP multiplayer would immediately transform it into a war game.

Ok, Im not normally a grammar natzi unless I'm intentionally being a troll to a twat on reddit... But "Pacific" is an ocean, I believe the word you're both looking for is "pacifistic"

Edited by mcwaffles2003

12 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

I'm intentionally being a troll

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pacific

pacific (comparative more pacific, superlative most pacific)

1. Calm, peaceful.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pacifistic

also:
Wiktionary does not yet have an entry for Natzi.

Edited by Hotel26

4 hours ago, Hotel26 said:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pacific

pacific (comparative more pacific, superlative most pacific)

1. Calm, peaceful.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pacifistic

also:
Wiktionary does not yet have an entry for Natzi.

My bad, learned something new today... Also, I was not intentionally trolling, just genuinely ignorant that time.

Also, natzi is misspelled as the site has an autocorrect that changes the word

Edited by mcwaffles2003

5 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

My bad

Not to worry, my friend!  I have to say that I always have the highest admiration for anyone who can admit error and learn because:

• the guy who thinks he knows everything will never learn another thing, whereas
  • the other guy who learns from error is truly on his way to knowing everything, a journey that never ends...

Kudos to you for being on the right path.

Edited by Hotel26

Please make so that, us having a potato as a computer, could pause and minimize the game client!
   Just let it eat all the RAM it wants but if its executable is pausable, then even i can use my computer for example to search information about planets and orbits without having massive lags in web browser
paused1.png

Please, and thank you:)