Hopes and Wishes for KSP 2

Elthy

how about an orion drive powered mono rail? :wink:

Now that's something Kerbal! 

That's is most likely a misunderstanding started by the fact that there will be single engines bigger than the VAB itself.

If I remember correctly, however, such limits also pertained to craft weight. While the requirement for such limits within the VAB due to insanely large engines does make sense, I still feel that it will take away some of the ability to make extensive creations - especially in Sandbox mode. At the very least, I hope Sandbox mode retains most of its freedom.

8 hours ago, Arkenar said:

If I remember correctly, however, such limits also pertained to craft weight.

If I haven't missed some form of official information it's all "telephone game" speculation based on that first "bigger than the VAB itself"

-In-game keybind editing (It is quite tedious to map keys/controllers when you have to go to main menu -> change binding -> load game -> load vehicle for test flight -> hate your choice in binding -> repeat)

-Not sure what to call it, but something similar to DCS-BIOS (easily allows for custom hardware integration so the techies can make their own data displays or flight control systems)

Edited by bbSpacetime

I'm not sure if this was said already, but I don't plan to read 38 pages of responses. Here we go:

Why do we, not as kerbals, but as humans go to other celestial bodies? What motivates us to board mankind on a dangerous fire-breathing bomb, threatening to explode or be trapped in the void of space with one wrong maneuver. Well, it started with looking around, and then seeing strange lights in the sky. Everyone had questions, so they made placeholder stories, and ultimately wanted answers. So they went up there and looked for answers, discovering new things along the way, realizing how wrong they were, how close they were, how little they were, until they took a good look, seeing through the eyes of a space probe, and realizing how right they could be, how ready they can be, how big they can be. In other words, they explored. They took a risk, and a relatively big one for that matter, and step out the comfort zone just for a question. In Kerbal Space Program, What drives a player to the game isn't just failure. If you end at that, you closely see something drives the failure. It is the curiosity, and the perseverance and stubbornness along with it, that urges us to explore new planets that we yearn for. Sure, we can dream of settling on another world, but what's the point of that if we can't explore it, only sitting blindly with a portrait up front. KSP 1 does this to an extent, yet it really feels like "land on planet, go back home, repeat", and less of a good look at a literal beautiful new world that has the potential to blur the line of virtual beauty and beauty of reality. I just hope KSP 2 has some means of acquiring different engaging ways to get players exploring, without it just being ore grinds. 
unknown.png?width=901&height=374

Edited by Abducted_Cow

11 minutes ago, Ceromancy said:

I was really hoping for more bug fixes in KSP 1, and I am disappointed to see KSP 2 development going instead.

You do understand that KSP 1 is being worked on by SQUAD, and continues to make improvements and development, while KSP2 is being done by a separate studio altogether,  with no overlap? 

KSP, as far as we know, will continue to get improvements for the foreseeable future. 

8 hours ago, Jurassic kerbal said:

Yes I hope trees are in KSP2 and the water is a lot better than the water in KSP

Speaking of trees... I wonder where all the other life on Kerbin is. I mean, it seems to only be kerbals, grass and trees? We do hear bird noises. Perhaps in the sequel we will have access to discovering life forms within and outside of kerbin? I'd think of experiments and science gains.

8 hours ago, Jurassic kerbal said:

Yes I hope trees are in KSP2 and the water is a lot better than the water in KSP

Oh, trees are in ksp....

but they are jpeg trees you can harmlessly clip through :/

But there are trees that you can scan, but it’s for bg owners only.

2 hours ago, Lewie said:

Oh, trees are in ksp....

I learned that this wasn't true they hard way in Beyond Home, I also learned that the tree hitboxes don't line up perfectly with trees to my Kohm probes demise.

1 hour ago, catloaf said:
4 hours ago, Lewie said:

Oh, trees are in ksp....

I learned that this wasn't true they hard way in Beyond Home, I also learned that the tree hitboxes don't line up perfectly with trees to my Kohm probes demise.

Hope the idea of space center as main menu will be redone, as we will have multiple planets and launch sites. It makes more sense to have tracking station view as main menu with RnD and contracts done in windows, not in buildings. I'm sure not everyone will love it, but currently all this management is clunky and very slow.

9 hours ago, catloaf said:

Really? Huh. From my experience I always clip right trough ‘em. 

More biomes, anomalies, monoliths, ancient aliens, present aliens, valleys, waterfalls, canyons, volcanoes, glaciers, geography,  geology, crash sites.

In a nutshell more things to do where you can create your own adventures without having to rely on some single player story mode career mode or science mode.

Honestly I think if they added tons more content to the original game it would be just as playable  in the years to come as a new game. However I love that a new game will bring the new graphics new engines new experiences. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Bigbootie

I just want it to live up to the first game but the dev's do seem to understand what made the first so good i like that but if your reading this intercept please put in some easter eggs there very charming and fun to look for!

Kerbal Space Program 2 delays its launch to Fall 2021 | Shacknews

This is sorta specific... but it would be really neat if the ksp 2 devs fleshed out the on-planet mechanIcs a bit more. One main part of this would be to spread out individual planet's masses throughout their crust. From my experience, it seems that planetary mass is all contained in a single point at the planet's center.

I doubt this will end up happening, as it would be very cpu intensive! :sticktongue:

Anyways, it is a space game, not a submarine game.

13 hours ago, JimTheBeet said:

This is sorta specific... but it would be really neat if the ksp 2 devs fleshed out the on-planet mechanIcs a bit more. One main part of this would be to spread out individual planet's masses throughout their crust. From my experience, it seems that planetary mass is all contained in a single point at the planet's center.

I doubt this will end up happening, as it would be very cpu intensive! :sticktongue:

Anyways, it is a space game, not a submarine game.

Lumpy gravity... HELL YEAH! Not going to happen though, it would just be another thing to micromanage.

21 hours ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Lumpy gravity... HELL YEAH! Not going to happen though, it would just be another thing to micromanage.

It sounds a bit similar to a binary planet, which is in the game. I wouldn't count it off as impossible, especially if they added some smaller, unusually-shaped bodies.

Edit: Most of what I put was either something there is info about, or venting about some of the bugs & quirks that bug me with KSP now. I wasn't really adding anything useful, so I deleted it.

Edit: Long burns: When you get into the matter of high efficiency engines and long trips, burn times have the potential to get rather egregious. With more futuristic engines and interstellar distances, this problem seems set to be much worse. So either long burns must have a way to warp through, or be able to automated so that you can do something else in the game while they are going on.

Edited by GigFiz
Something actually useful

On 7/28/2020 at 7:09 AM, JimTheBeet said:

Any spherically symmetric distribution of mass acts as if it was all concentrated at the centre of the sphere.  And if you "spread" the mass around in a significantly non-symmetric way, you get the effect of Mascons on the Moon: virtually no stable low orbits.  This isn't a good idea at all.

On 7/2/2020 at 11:45 PM, TheFrizz said:

I love this idea but I'd be curious how the game design works for this when docking is possible.

On a related note, I want to know how it would handle a fully recoverable 2 stage design.

Will it be able to account for the recovery of the 1st stage?