Hopes and Wishes for KSP 2

Elthy

Something that concerns me about the structures I see. Be it the expansive stations or bases. I hope its not just a case of you setting up a few pieces and the rest builds itself. To an extent anyway. Some automation in that regard would be nice. I just hope they find a good balance between the two.

17 hours ago, JimTheBeet said:

@Jacke- The earth doesn't have a single point of mass, and there are plenty of stable orbits, right? Am I missing something? 

Size

The Earth is much larger in radius, and much more massive. So it's much more difficult for gravitational anomalies to affect orbits as drastically (I'm sure you could still measure it with precise enough instruments though). Also we have this big thick soup we call an atmosphere overhead, which restricts most orbits to be much, much higher than they could be otherwise to avoid the drag.

On 7/6/2020 at 11:10 AM, qwerbo said:

Yes.

But there should only be a limited amount of each and we should be able to make new from local resources and resources transported to the colony.

Edited by qwerbo

On 7/15/2020 at 4:08 AM, Abducted_Cow said:

I'm not sure if this was said already, but I don't plan to read 38 pages of responses. Here we go:

Why do we, not as kerbals, but as humans go to other celestial bodies? What motivates us to board mankind on a dangerous fire-breathing bomb, threatening to explode or be trapped in the void of space with one wrong maneuver. Well, it started with looking around, and then seeing strange lights in the sky. Everyone had questions, so they made placeholder stories, and ultimately wanted answers. So they went up there and looked for answers, discovering new things along the way, realizing how wrong they were, how close they were, how little they were, until they took a good look, seeing through the eyes of a space probe, and realizing how right they could be, how ready they can be, how big they can be. In other words, they explored. They took a risk, and a relatively big one for that matter, and step out the comfort zone just for a question. In Kerbal Space Program, What drives a player to the game isn't just failure. If you end at that, you closely see something drives the failure. It is the curiosity, and the perseverance and stubbornness along with it, that urges us to explore new planets that we yearn for. Sure, we can dream of settling on another world, but what's the point of that if we can't explore it, only sitting blindly with a portrait up front. KSP 1 does this to an extent, yet it really feels like "land on planet, go back home, repeat", and less of a good look at a literal beautiful new world that has the potential to blur the line of virtual beauty and beauty of reality. I just hope KSP 2 has some means of acquiring different engaging ways to get players exploring, without it just being ore grinds. 
See the source image

I really want abandoned alien structures on exoplanets. Monoliths and natural formations like the Mun arch should also exist on them.

KSP 2 should be an update, not an expansion of KSP 1 or a separate program.

On 8/2/2020 at 2:49 AM, Jacke said:

Any spherically symmetric distribution of mass acts as if it was all concentrated at the centre of the sphere.  And if you "spread" the mass around in a significantly non-symmetric way, you get the effect of Mascons on the Moon: virtually no stable low orbits.  This isn't a good idea at all.

Since when have KSP players been bothered by a little instability?

A case of Noodle Syndrome : KerbalSpaceProgram

Also: Donut planets?

Edited by cubinator

On 8/7/2020 at 9:43 AM, cubinator said:

Since when have KSP players been bothered by a little instability?

Every time they've put a vessel in orbit and expected it to stay there, orbiting spacecraft, comm network satellites, etc.  Mass concentrations equivalent to the mascons on the Moon prevent stable low orbits.

The only main wish I have for KSP 2 is just to have more than 4 solar systems. I will feel very small with 2. Though quality > quantity.

3 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

The only main wish I have for KSP 2 is just to have more than 4 solar systems. I will feel very small with 2. Though quality > quantity.

Intercept has stated that there will be "multiple" star systems other than Kerbin, so there will be at least 3. I'm hoping for 4.

7 minutes ago, prestja said:

Intercept has stated that there will be "multiple" star systems other than Kerbin, so there will be at least 3. I'm hoping for 4.

Even though no microtransactions are supposed to be in game, I think it would be cool if after release Developers add more planets and systems to the game that you could get for free or buy from a DLC...

On 8/7/2020 at 11:32 AM, qwerbo said:

I really want abandoned alien structures on exoplanets. Monoliths and natural formations like the Mun arch should also exist on them.

KSP 2 should be an update, not an expansion of KSP 1 or a separate program.

REALLY Disagree with this, not to be disrespectful. If KSP 2 was simply a new update, why buy it as a whole new game? Why not just update the already bought game for us like squad is already doing? KSP 2 isn't just some simple revamp of the game being sold for $80. KSP 2 is supposed to be worth the money, being an entirely different game in the aspect of mechanics and creation. It is supposed to take out all the flaws of the first game, while leaving new wonders in the second. I never cared for monoliths, or such. But what I would like, is a way to not get lost while on the surface (a zoom-able map?) and some reason to explore around in the first place and see the actual beauty of the planet. Like one of those games that make you go, "hey what's this?" and you go on to figure it out. Maybe some survival aspect on those other planets. To be honest, all of the planets seem pretty barren. I hope at the very least this is fixed in mods, but I would enjoy fauna and flora on some of the planets like laythe, or some odd planets like floating behemoths in gas giants.  Of course, I still want some fundamental reasons for exploration that the team thinks up for themselves.

9 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Even though no microtransactions are supposed to be in game, I think it would be cool if after release Developers add more planets and systems to the game that you could get for free or buy from a DLC...

That doesn't preclude planet pack DLC. Personally I'm very much in favor of giving Intercept my money for more planets, however I want:

- Replacement planet packs (like Whirligig World, Alternis Kerbol, JNSQ, etc)

- Challenge planet packs (SLIPPIST-1, Extrasolar, Low Light Levels, etc)

15 hours ago, HyperPhoenix said:

Planets without a starsystem, maybe?

rogue planets would be cool but they are just about impossible to find. They give off no light nor reflect any since they dont belong to a star.

It would be cool as an easter egg that could be found, but the game shouldn't reveal its location/orbit at least until it has been found

6 hours ago, FleshJeb said:

I’d like the IP sold to Wube Software. I’m done trying to play a great game concept with mediocre developers. I expect KSP 2 to be an absolute train wreck.

I love factorio too but going from that to KSP is a big stretch. It shouldn't be automatically assumed they would do a better job.

On 8/6/2020 at 1:55 PM, BALOK said:

How 'bout having the option to share crafts with other users from within the VAB menu? There could be a button for downloading in the load menu, and a button for uploading in the save menu.

On that note, just having a better way to organize craft would be great

On 8/11/2020 at 11:48 PM, The Doodling Astronaut said:

I feel there could be a balance of quality vs quantity in that, I at least would be happy with, a small high quality cluster of stars close to kerbin and procedurally generated galaxy beyond the local cluster

Hopes and Wishes? How about Option.

Optional: Atmosphere planets have wind.

Planets that have a tilt and spin cause  air to flow.

You could make it as simple as a directional gust.

IF you want more complex, Air thermals, jet streams, tornadoes, hurricanes.

What could be more Kerbal than a wind blowing apart a solar array?