Hopes and Wishes for KSP 2

Elthy

You know what. People have hard times planning menu era nodes and getting encounters with planets. Well! I have a solution. KSP2 should have MechJeb. Or something like that. It will do burns and plan menuver nodes. It will find the most efficient burn and when do do it! But it requires a lot of electricity and you need to attach to a spacecraft. All probe cores or pods won’t have it. See. MechJeb will help KSP player help get all over the place!

18 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

You know what. People have hard times planning menu era nodes and getting encounters with planets. Well! I have a solution. KSP2 should have MechJeb. Or something like that. It will do burns and plan menuver nodes. It will find the most efficient burn and when do do it! But it requires a lot of electricity and you need to attach to a spacecraft. All probe cores or pods won’t have it. See. MechJeb will help KSP player help get all over the place!

Yeah, but new players won’t learn how to play if mj does it for them...and besides, automation will be in ksp2 to eliminate constant supply runs. That alone almost eliminates the need for mj.

And for those who want to use mj, it’ll probably be ported/redone for ksp2

Edited by Lewie

18 minutes ago, Abducted_Cow said:

Be honest Lewie, we'll want them at some point.

Mods...won’t someone mod ‘em in? If they really are this important, undoubtedly they’ll be a mod for it. I dunno. It’s just that threads like “is ksp2 does not have procedural parts I won’t but it” are really...obnoxious...eh, not quite the right word. I’m tired..

sory for the rant.

I'm not certain how much effort this would take, but an addition I'd like for Career mode would be the inclusion of a valuation of "rolling stock."

That is to say the overall value of all the infrastructure the player has created.  So, the "worth" of the stations, bases, and "all the things.  Note how that's different than just keeping track of the available cash on hand.

Because the entire thread is too long to effectively read before posting, I apologize in advance if this has already been mentioned.

I've noticed that, in space, you can't get true 360 degree camera rotation around your craft.  My hope is that they allow this to happen.

1 hour ago, kerbalk said:

I think, (if possible), they should bring on the devs of RSS/RO as paid, Full-time devs to develope it into a feature of the stock game.

Sorry for the bad Grammar..?

They actually shouldn't, as RO makes the game too realistic and RSS has planets that would be out of scale for the kerbal universe. However, RSS could be implemented by having it as another solar system and have the bodies be rescaled to something that would be normal in kerbal scale.

On 10/3/2020 at 10:21 PM, Lewie said:

Mods...won’t someone mod ‘em in? If they really are this important, undoubtedly they’ll be a mod for it. I dunno. It’s just that threads like “is ksp2 does not have procedural parts I won’t but it” are really...obnoxious...eh, not quite the right word. I’m tired..

sory for the rant.

To be honest, I agree. Either aspect let it be modular or procedural would be great, each one depending on one's perspective greater than the other, but no need to get up set if the final version isn't up. The game will still be fun and worth buying, and your feature will probably be modded in.

With an Honest opinion, I am extremely confident that these new gameplay additions will be the game changer for KSP2 as opposed to the prequel KSP. i for one am EXTREMELY EXCITED for both Multiplayer and Interstellar travel. to the best of my knowledge, i believe the gravity point of all the solar systems will either be the center of a mini galaxy or a supermassive black hole or BOTH! Also the new U.I (User Interface) looks awesome but my only concern about it is that i hope there will be an option to have the navball in the center instead of to the left or right (mostly because im used to the navball being in the center down of the screen). Multiplayer is gonna be interesting too, However. I wonder how that is gonna work. Just imagine if one of the players gets fed up with another and just says "screw you", grabs the return vessel and just takes off, leaving the other kerbal stranded! Just thinking about it, I know its off topic for a topic about KSP2 BUT IF THERE IS EVER A KSP3 IT WOULD BE A MASSIVE GRAPHICS UPDATE PLUS A STORY MODE TO GIVE THE GAME A WHOLE NEW MEANING! However, the earliest KSP3 would come out (and this is an inference) is no sooner than 2026 or no sooner than 2028. THAT IS A LONG TIME FROM NOW! for now, however i'll just wear my spacesuit, waiting for the arrival of KSP2.

Time to sacrifice Kerbals once more, FOR SCIENCE!!!

-Sincerely, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE

On 10/13/2020 at 5:22 PM, Abducted_Cow said:

To be honest, I agree. Either aspect let it be modular or procedural would be great, each one depending on one's perspective greater than the other, but no need to get up set if the final version isn't up. The game will still be fun and worth buying, and your feature will probably be modded in.

Considering how KSP was pretty "open source" (and I use that very liberally) and mods were encouraged, I don't see any reason not to leave it that way for KSP2.  If you find there's a feature you absolutely have to have and it's not there in the stock version of the game, I'm fairly certain it will either be included as part of some DLC pack OR someone will create a mod for it.  Or you could take it upon yourself to create a mod.

So yeah, I agree that to say "if x doesn't exist I won't buy" is just sad.  Cheap way to throw some shade at the developers, which is totally not cool.

no we do not want KSP1 repackaged.

OpenSource means the source code is avaiable on the net. This is not needed for KSP2. Definitely not if we want a KSP3. Then it should not be opensource,

What we need is a great API for modders. Should be enough. I mean if it is GREAT then it should be enough. They said they are going to help modders but blah blah blah we believe it when we see it.

Here are my wishes on KSP2 (A.K.A= features i think will drastically improve the game)

-Fuel tank Venting features (A.K.A the cloud formation in real life sub-cooled fuel tanks)

-I would've Added Story Mode but i believe that is for KSP3 (hint: developers should add story mode to KSP3)

-Photonic sails (A.K.A sails pushed by light)

- Supermassive black hole at center of gravitational influence of KSP galaxy.

-interesting features of star systems (which CAN include Easter eggs or just Amazing features)

-an ability to name a colony whatever you wish.

- Clouds, Wind, Snow, Thunderstorms, and Hurricanes!!!

- Make Rings physical object (meaning you can damage your ship by passing through them or hitting rocks in them)

- Realistic engine exhausts (as well as shock diamonds and other cool features)

- More Aerobrake parts

- More landing legs (specifically LONGER landing legs or special types)

- More solar panels (including spherical panels such as the ones on the Mars InSight Lander. 

- More ISRU parts, more ore tanks, and more drills.

- and realistic engine revamps (like extremely realistic).

For now, that is all but don't worry, I'LL COME BACK FOR MORE WISHES!!!

Sincerely, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE

"disappointing Kerbal scientists since 2007"

Edited by DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE

7 minutes ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

Here are my wishes on KSP2 (A.K.A= features i think will drastically improve the game)

-Fuel tank Venting features (A.K.A the cloud formation in real life sub-cooled fuel tanks)

-I would've Added Story Mode but i believe that is for KSP3 (hint: developers should add story mode to KSP3)

-Photonic sails (A.K.A sails pushed by light)

- Supermassive black hole at center of gravitational influence of KSP galaxy.

-interesting features of star systems (which CAN include easter eggs or just Amazing features)

-an ability to name a colony whatever you wish.

For now, that is all but don't worry, I'LL COME BACK FOR MORE WISHES!!!

"disappointing Kerbal scientists since 2007"

I like your font. My vision is so bad I really thatnk you. This is not a joke.

23 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

What I'd like to have as an accessory: input devices. Gimme a spaceship cockpit for my desk! And VR compatibility.

you are a serious KSP fan. If someone build the cockpit will you irder it on-line?

;)

I love the TV series "The Expanse" .... and I try play it like that in KSP 1 without the gunz.

The Expanse was even better then StarWarz.

If you get a VPN you can download it on ..... hmmm .... that site ...

But that site ... don't let you download ... unless you have a VPN.

Edited by Maj Solo

13 minutes ago, Maj Solo said:

you are a serious KSP fan. If someone build the cockpit will you irder it on-line?

;)

I love the TV series "The Expanse" .... and I try play it like that in KSP 1 without the gunz.

The Expanse was even better then StarWarz.

If you get a VPN you can download it on ..... hmmm .... that site ...

But that site ... don't let you download ... unless you have a VPN.

Not sure if I'd buy a fan-made one - I'd rather build one myself in that case ;) But maybe I'd buy a special edition of the game containing one. I think it would be a much nicer way to make money for them than e.g. micro-transactions (yes I know they have been ruled out).

Yeah I like the Expanse too. Would be nice to build those ships in KSP. Now that you mention it -  maybe even have worm holes and a slow zone :D

No weak joints like KSP, deal-breaker for me if I need to use KJR again to fix issues with the base game but still have ships exploded for no reason upon loading in. But judging from all the clips they uploaded, they will not be getting any money from me.

Intriguing findings about KSP2 trailer and (sorta) teasing (tryna' make it MORE fun).

Well, here are all the things i thought was very odd and funny about the KSP2 trailer. its starts top to bottom going from beggining of the trailer to the end of it, respectively. Let me know if you got a good laugh or enjoyed it. its good to pass the time until the MIGHTY KSP2 COMES OUT!!! so here goes...

1. space station appears to undergo Atmospheric entry at the beginning of video?!

2. Light seems to be coming from atop of the station and then switches to in FRONT of the station.

3. Lander solar panels are extended when undocked from station but EXTENDS AGAIN shortly after touchdown.

4. Kerbal slips FOWARD when standing on ladder but rotates BACKWARD as he falls.

5. 1 meter tall Kerbal falls and K.O's 20,000 pound lander, toppling it in 1/6 gravity.

6. Kerbal survives.

7. Saturn V gets modified with 6 MOAR BOOSTERS (size 3?) 

8. 3rd stage of Saturn V slams into ISS?!

9. (if you look VERY CLOSELY at the plane during the Duna base scene) you can see the plane REPEATEDLY BARREL ROLLS out of excitement while a Kerbal drives a rover over an edge and (in real life) practically broke the suspension of the vehicle in the progress.

10. Station orbiting Jool looks like a fuel depot but also looks like a LIVING STATION with kerbals inside.

11. Kerbals float 50 feet from a 40 foot anti-matter (or ionic) engine that spontaneously ignites.

12. Duna base "magically" falls apart

13. Anti-matter vessel leaks sparks but carelessly continues to fly.

14. Kerbals cannot keep fear under control and helplessly scream and flail.

15. when approaching Ovin's icy moon, you can tell that the vessel is traveling EXTREMELY FAST, easily traveling at over 150,000 MPH (if we compare Ovin's size to that of Saturn).

16. Kerbals are happy and dandy and lander leg "magically" breaks which in tur makes the lander tip and ultimately goes on a killing spree by tackling the habitation domes and causing them to ALSO collapse.

17. Kerbal's evacuate base (for some apparent reason)

18. Lithobraking near you in 2020 (release date is Fall 2021)

19. Build, Fly, Dream (wasn't that for KSP1) ??? 

I really hope you guys enjoyed this humor piece making fun of the KSP2 trailer. Although some might think its offensive, i really was trying to get a good laugh about the trailer while exercising my "close eye" at things about the KSP2 that seemed odd but funny. I am a very strong fan of KSP and cannot control my excitement for when KSP2 comes out. As always, GOD SPEED KSP2 and to the developers, i think you guys are doing a superb job! Keep up the good work!!!

Wonder if @Dr. Kerbal will like my work?

@Matt Lowne @UomoCapra @Nate Simpson @Zimm @KerballingSmasher @The Doodling Astronaut @Dirkidirk @Vanamonde