Kerbal Space Program 2 Speculation Thread

NSEP

57 minutes ago, magnemoe said:

If we say 2 hour is the longest burn players will bother with and we assume 4g trust or 40m/s^2 you will reach 288 km/s or less than 1/1000 of light speed. 
Travel to closest star will then take 400 year. 

Yes 10-20 times the distance to Eeloo is to short with new engines but 0.4 light year is to far. 

I'm not sure what your point is. I was talking about why it's unlikely that KSP 2 will upscale the universe from stock KSP scale. What does this have to do with that?

I’m hoping they implement some sort of automatic burn system that works when you’re not focused on the craft. Having to manually burn for several real-life hours to get up to interstellar speeds sounds arduous. Even if you’re using a fusion or Orion engine, it’s still gonna take a while.

I think it would be best implemented as a system that enables pre-planned, constant, low thrust burns, like Ion engines do in the real world. Then you can plan and start the burn, and let it complete over several in-game days, months, or even years. Also, depending on how efficient some of the future tech engines are, we might able to do artificial gravity by accelerating constantly for half the distance, then flipping the ship around to slow down for the other half. I’d imagine there might be some penalty for leaving your Kerbals in 0g for several years.

Since KSP 2 is supposed to be near future tech, I’d be shocked if it doesn’t have at least semi-automatic orbit planning and execution.