Community Feedback for KSP 2

T1mo98

So, KSP 2 just got announced and we are all really excited.

I never expected this but I'm so happy they've done it anyway. 
Throughout the years feedback has been an important part of KSP's development, so let's start it off early. Now that the game is still in early development, I think it's the best time to already start giving feedback.

I know two trailers aren't much, but the sooner we give feedback, the earlier the developers can choose to integrate it.

I'll be the first:

I hope the parts we've seen so far are place-holders for the final ones. Mostly because a lot of the parts shown which have been ported over from KSP seem to be the old models, which in my opinion looked a lot worse. I hope they will either port over the revamped parts or make entirely new ones that look even better and more realistic while still keeping a slightly goofy style.

Edited by T1mo98

The parts should be redone entirely. The scales of KSP 1's (feels weird to write that) parts didn't make sense: the majority of probe cores shouldn't be smaller than a kerbal, for example. Also the engine bells for vacuum engines should be made much larger. 

Edited by EchoLima

No internet connection required for play, please.  After download, installation, and any needed activation, I hope I can continue to play it if I never connect to the internet ever again.  Figuratively speaking of course.

16 minutes ago, TheCrimsonCorndog said:

Please, for the love of god, make the following mods standard features:

Chatterer
Scatterer
EVE

These are considered so essential by the community that footage/screenshots without them seem out of place and "wrong".

EVE and possibly some Scatterer features are definitely in the footage we have so far. As for chatterer, I must say I haven't even heard that one in a while. Not sure that's as common, and we obviously can't tell if it's in the game using screenshots.

I'm gonna be honest... KSP has seen WONDERFUL success since it first released, and has a passionate community. I keep backups of every single version release and the associated mods that are compatible with it in a separate folder, not attached to Steam. I have long running games that broke between different versions, and If I ever wish to go back to any particular one, I'm set up to be able to independently launch any version.

KSP has had incredible success, and it definitely helps that it's been available on not just Windows, but Linux and Mac OS systems as well, and has been DRM free for all this time.

If I give only one piece of feedback, it is this... KSP needs to remain DRM free, capable of launching independently from any launcher, and people need to be able to retain copies of it to back up different versions. People like me run far too many mods to rely on version selection.

Please keep KSP DRM free
Please support all the major OS platforms, Windows, AND Linux and Mac OS.

I also have no problem if you make it available on multiple launchers... Just so long as there is NO EXCLUSIVITY. I'm fine if Epic gets KSP 2 as well, but only so long as Steam also keeps it too.

Edited by richfiles

I am both interested, AND concerned about the Kerbol system. As much as I'd LOVE for it to be extended to include Kerbalike variants of Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto, I happen to also be a HUGE fan of OPM. I'd be very saddened if all the work that went into OPM was rendered useless. I'd like for OPM to get ported to the new KSP 2, but whether the Kerbol system has new planets or not could drastically effect how modders systems get implemented (or whether they even bother to remake their planet mods into KSP 2).

If new planets ARE added, I feel there should be a setting toggle that allows the new planets to be distributed around another star, and to permit modded planets to replace them, or alternately, to take a planet mod, and assign it to a star, to make it's own interstellar system.

Edited by richfiles

What I have been really happy about the old KSP, and unhappy with some other of my favorite games, is that you don't need to pay for a DLC to get more great content. I don't mind paying for a DLC that adds to the game (like Making History or Breaking Ground), but it annoys me when games force you to buy new features or a constant flow of new but useless DLCs. I was really happy with the way the the original KSP expansions and updates were done, so please do the same with KSP 2.

4 hours ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

Confirmed. NO microtransactions.

I wouldn't exactly call this "confirmed" this is a move in the right direction, but it's an implicit statement, not an explicit statement of "no micro-transactions what-so-ever"

I want a Uranus look-Alike with a close orbiting moon the passes under and over the ring as it orbits.  Of course it would be tidaly locked which suits me just fine.

Next I want optimization, optimization, optimization, optimization, optimization, optimization, optimization, optimization, optimization, optimization, so I can have big ships near big other ships/bases without lagging.

Finally don't forget electric propellers for those atmospheric world exploration

and THANK YOU for trying KSP2.  Also thanks from hiding it from me.  Only one year to wait will pass very quickly.

• 9 months later...
On 8/19/2019 at 11:54 PM, TheCrimsonCorndog said:

Please, for the love of god, make the following mods standard features:

Chatterer
Scatterer
EVE

These are considered so essential by the community that footage/screenshots without them seem out of place and "wrong".

I agree, It would also be great to see particle effects such as the ones in the Collision FX and Reentry FX mods and rumbling sounds such as the ones shown in the KerbQuake mod as well because it really adds to the sense of risk and accomplishment.

Another great addition, in my opinion, would be to include a stock dynamic and somewhat realistic weather for atmospheric planets, with storms, clouds, sandstorms, tornadoes, extreme weather and that sort of juicy stuff, which would also make landings, exploration, building and colonization so much more challenging and fun. Also imagine having earthquakes, volcano eruptions or tsunamis. It would make quite a difference, and new building parts would probably be required to make colonization possible, and each planet would be unique, maybe I’m just asking for too much, but I gotta say planets in KSP 1 felt kinda boring to explore, even with mods.

Edited by supermendi007