EDIT - this is not goodbye to Squad!

theJesuit

The first thing I noticed on the dev video was no Squad peeps.  It's all a new company. So is Squad (the spun off team from the Mexican PR company who were sold or contracted after the IP was sold to TakeTwo) being decommissioned then?

Ask for a friend.

EDIT - Squad are here to stay.  Hooray! 

Peace.

Edited by theJesuit
New info

9 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

The first thing I noticed on the dev video was no Squad peeps.  It's all a new company. So is Squad (the spun off team from the Mexican PR company who were sold or contracted after the IP was sold to TakeTwo) being decommissioned then?

Ask for a friend.

Peace.

Nestor was in it. And I had the feeling a few others were, too.

Yay! I'll update the title my title @UomoCapra.   

Thanks.  I guess is that when KSP funding begins to tail off there could be a DLC that is effectively the original placed lovingly into the new...

Peace.

Edited by theJesuit

On 8/19/2019 at 11:17 PM, KerbolExplorer said:

Great to see!

I have a small question thought will KSP 1 still recive new content or just bug fixes?

We’ll still be getting 1.8, since that has been announced but not released yet. Beyond that, we’ve no idea what direction updates are going to take.

45 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

We’ll still be getting 1.8, since that has been announced but not released yet. Beyond that, we’ve no idea what direction updates are going to take.

That is actually a fear that I have.  Reading around the lines there is no direction for Squad post 1.8.  1.9 perhaps? I guess they'll monitor downloads of mods to guage whether keeping on bug squashing will occur.

My reading of it is that is two ways.  The first is that concurrent development has occurred and will do so till 1.9 is released.  Then Squad as it is will be wound up or be used to develop new content for KSP2, or, start secret squirrel work for KSP3.

However it would seem that the terrain updates for KSP1 in 1.8 are in line with the new prealpha gameplay from ksp2.  This suggests that a little crosspollination may be happening in terms of graphics get ksp1 up to some form of par.

KSP1 may always have an audience through with an audience that can't afford a top shelf price game. The real issue will be mod storage as the community (or very few) pay monthly for spacedock costs, not Private Division. 

Peace.

On 8/19/2019 at 4:17 PM, KerbolExplorer said:

Great to see!

I have a small question thought will KSP 1 still recive new content or just bug fixes?

You are definitely getting new content. Stay tuned for more updates in the following days and weeks. 

On 8/19/2019 at 2:51 PM, theJesuit said:

Ask for a friend.

EDIT - Squad are here to stay.  Hooray! 

Peace.

Hey everyone, we wanted to say thanks for your care and support. We understand with the recent announcements that you may have some questions, but as we said in our original statement Squad is not going anywhere. We are currently working on updates and additional support to the original KSP, as well as assisting on KSP 2. Private Division has, and will, continue to support us – and we will continue to be involved in the growth of the Kerbal franchise.  ;) 

1 hour ago, St4rdust said:

growth of the Kerbal franchise

Ah, careful selected words... Neither confirming, nor denying that there is a new game coming up. You @nestor and @St4rdust are evil people, if I die due to terminal fanboy excitement this will be purely your fault. :D

[Edit: Less than a minute after I wrote that: "St4rdust and nestor like this"]

Edited by AHHans

6 minutes ago, AHHans said:

Ah, careful selected words... Neither confirming, nor denying that there is a new game coming up. You @nestor and @St4rdust are evil people, if I die due to terminal fanboy excitement this will be purely your fault. :D

[Edit: Less than a minute after I wrote that: "St4rdust and nestor like this"]

Brilliant.