KSP2 Hype Train Thread

7 hours ago, airtrafficcontroller said:

Ok, they say 2020, I am in 2020, now where is the game?

I believe the trailer mentioned Spring 2020, and also it's after financial year 2020 (April 2019 to March 2020) so expect it in April or May, and possibly even June if we're unlucky.

On 1/2/2020 at 5:24 AM, LittleBitMore said:

I believe the trailer mentioned Spring 2020, and also it's after financial year 2020 (April 2019 to March 2020) so expect it in April or May, and possibly even June if we're unlucky.

I'd say June at best. But we'll hear more before then. Maybe a demo.

On 1/1/2020 at 12:10 PM, airtrafficcontroller said:

Ok, they say 2020, I am in 2020, now where is the game?

Scott Manley told them not to mess it up, so they're busy not messing it up.

Think of the Hype Train like an interplanetary space mission.

There was a lot of excitement around the launch as it accelerated to incredible speed.

Right now it's travelling to the destination AT that incredible speed, but because nothing's changing or being talked about, it goes mostly unnoticed.

Once it gets to the destination and we get the chance to start doing science, Hype will explode off the charts again.

On 1/16/2020 at 12:16 AM, έķ νίĻĻάίή said:

I think that KSP2 won’t be that laggy, but it definitely will need a good computer 

On the other hand, it may (hopefully) perform better for the same level of detail -- so, a normal small ship with, say, 20 components will perform better in KSP 2 due to it having been designed from the ground up with good performance in mind, rather than having been the product of years of work and technical debt.

On 1/15/2020 at 6:16 PM, έķ νίĻĻάίή said:

I think that KSP2 won’t be that laggy, but it definitely will need a good computer 

I mean I need a graphics card because I am using the built in one. I want the True experience

16 hours ago, Tsar_bomba said:

I mean I need a graphics card because I am using the built in one. I want the True experience

Same here man. If you have budget constraints I would recommend a second-hand one. But I would imagine that while a graphics card would be very good to have, KSP2 will remain a primarily CPU-intensive game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2020 at 6:17 AM, Fukastu said:

Same here man. If you have budget constraints I would recommend a second-hand one. But I would imagine that while a graphics card would be very good to have, KSP2 will remain a primarily CPU-intensive game.

This is a real head-scratcher, isn't it?  If they've done a complete physics overhaul, maybe they've found a way to offload some calculations to the GPU and help overcome the CPU bottleneck we see in the current version.  Time will tell, I suppose.

Just now, Dirkidirk said:

sadly I can't see it due to trash wifi ;.;

That's sad ='( I'm loop watching it... There's a lot to see here: HUD, new parts, new bodies, the effects (I love the animation on the screen of the guy in charge of explosions fxs)

And it's likely we'll have an upcoming video on aerodynamics according to thumbnails when Nate talks about next videos so maybe we'll have better aerodynamics in ksp 2... The hype is on !