KSP2 Hype Train Thread

On 3/3/2020 at 8:36 AM, garwel said:

I noticed that the Steam store page for KSP2 shows release date as 2020. IIRC, it used to just say "soon" before.

In this interview Nate says release before March 2021.

So the question is: which will launch first KSP2 or SLS1?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2019 at 8:25 AM, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

It's a shame if they aren't going to take the opportunity to write a new engine., that's like the biggest advantage of a new release over an update.

What does everyone have against Unity?

25 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

What does everyone have against Unity?

Experience.

KSP has suffered significantly over the years from Unity's limitations (particularly the garbage collector), and while there isn't really anything inherently wrong with the engine, it does have something of an image problem...
There are a huge number of really really bad games made with unity, it's low-cost and ease of use lends it to minimum-effort products and the asset store is a goldmine for cheap asset-flips and even wholesale selling store assets as a complete game. Add to this that it's only games using the free version which get a big "made with unity" on the startup screens, and you see where it gets it's bad rep.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 11:52 AM, HansonKerman said:

o no... w it h all the new planets and stars, I’m scared to see what smiting our god will do to those

I think I wouldn't touch any star system except the stock system, basically just replicate Alternis Kerbol but for KSP2's style. That's basically how I've been treating AKR anyway lately.

54 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

I think I wouldn't touch any star system except the stock system, basically just replicate Alternis Kerbol but for KSP2's style. That's basically how I've been treating AKR anyway lately.

ok, but with the graphical improvements inevitable, I am excited to see what those would look like,

On 3/10/2020 at 2:32 AM, Maverick_aus said:

Ha! "Special snowflake!" SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE, I TELLS YOU! 

This has gotten me feeling HYPED today about the explosive direction of 'KSPlosions2'!

NRnwEtV.jpg

From here (not that new, but I just read it)

Ticket punched. 

yes, me too. I want to explode everything. LAUNCH CLAMPS AND WINGS!!! Kerbals! I want them to explode, not just go

<poof>

Edited by HansonKerman

• 2 weeks later...