KSP2 Hype Train Thread

I decided to make my own hype ship a couple months ago lol
W04hMWu.jpg

it doesnt exactly look like a train, but its a futuristic looking ship lol. (its also on steam workshop, but i dont recommend flying it due to it being over 1000 parts lol)

Edited by JcoolTheShipbuilder

So this flashed up in my news feed https://www.polygon.com/2020/5/20/21265482/kerbal-space-program-2-delayed-2021
Saying that KSP 2 has been delayed until fall 2021.
But the tweet that it references won't load for me...so just wondering if this was a mistake or if that is the case.
Gotta say, I was surprised (and tbh concerned) by how soon they'd initially proposed to release. Just didn't think it was realistic, or if they did release then that what we'd get would be disappointingly simple/unpolished. 
This seems more realistic, especially given current constraints. 

6 hours ago, katateochi said:

So this flashed up in my news feed https://www.polygon.com/2020/5/20/21265482/kerbal-space-program-2-delayed-2021
Saying that KSP 2 has been delayed until fall 2021.
But the tweet that it references won't load for me...so just wondering if this was a mistake or if that is the case.
Gotta say, I was surprised (and tbh concerned) by how soon they'd initially proposed to release. Just didn't think it was realistic, or if they did release then that what we'd get would be disappointingly simple/unpolished. 
This seems more realistic, especially given current constraints. 

Read this on an Norwegian gaming site too. 
An 1 1/2 year delay is pretty rare after they come out with an release date less than an year before release as at this point you are down to fleshing out the game and testing it. 

48 minutes ago, magnemoe said:

Read this on an Norwegian gaming site too. 
An 1 1/2 year delay is pretty rare after they come out with an release date less than an year before release as at this point you are down to fleshing out the game and testing it. 

A lot of games are getting delayed due to the pandemic. I'm not overly concerned about it.

I’ve gotta say, I’m actually pretty excited to hear that the delay is happening and is so long. I’ve heard a few stories of games being rushed to release or delayed, but not nearly enough, so that the final version is still quite unfinished. It seems like Star Theory either has bitten off way more than they can chew or they actually have a realistic idea of how much there is yet to be done. I’ll cautiously hope it‘s the last one.

COVID-19 is a serious issue for everyone so no question its best to be safe and take the time to do a good job.

With Take Two Interactive & Private Division backing them Star Theory Intercept are very likely to be able to stay the course and complete the release without any problems.

For players the ability to engage with deferral of gratification is supposed to be a predictor of success in life, so lets hope for the best and wish them well. :)

Edited by boolybooly

On 5/30/2020 at 6:13 PM, Bej Kerman said:

Because you have to wait an extra year? Please.

Waiting an extra year would certainly slow down the hype train (and make it much harder for KSP to catch up to KSP1.15+another year's worth of mods), but pulling the project from Star Theory stopped the hype train dead.

Perhaps the hype train can get going again, but this doesn't look good at all for Take 2 and KSP 2.0.

1 hour ago, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

Hype train is now back on track!

I don't see a solid head of steam.  There is no guarantee it will stay on track.

Ignoring the shear extreme nature of what happened just because a dev still has the right vision at this moment is short-sighted.

That vision still has to be delivered.

This is an excellent comment on all of this, including the impact on delivering a good KSP 2.

I'm sorry, I would like to leave that train, I know that either I will not make it alive to destination, or the destination have been changed.

I was told we are going to visit a game made by a small indie studio and that's why I paid my ticket for that train, and now I heard passengers saying that that studio got murdered and its workers had to sell their soul for the big empire or become homeless.

18 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

It's good the project lead still has passion and hope for KSP 2.  But that's him telling.

We need showing now.  Real gameplay footage.  Serious information to the KSP major players/modders.  Proper demos.  Open alphas and betas.

2 hours ago, Jacke said:

It's good the project lead still has passion and hope for KSP 2.  But that's him telling.

We need showing now.  Real gameplay footage.  Serious information to the KSP major players/modders.  Proper demos.  Open alphas and betas.

It's possible that Team Nate is not allowed to share information about KSP 2. Hopefully we get some updates soon.

I would guess that as he mentioned the flat navball textures as our pressing problem, the secrecy is the least if not the last problem on the list.

If they really had something, there would be always some eye candies to throw them for free. Do we see any?

I'm afraid, the promo videos are like No Man's Sky promo planet. (Was not generated but scripted manually).

Edited by kerbiloid

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...