KSP2 Hype Train Thread

3 hours ago, TLTay said:

There was an article in some small-town newspaper someone posted here (about a nasa-man from that area) that mentioned early 2022 as release, so they're probably trying to get it in a releasable state before PAX in (early April, I think?). I'd expect much/most of the PR stuff to be focused on that atm and not on appeasing the very few (and almost-certain buyers) constantly commenting  on this forum.

I expect it to be more quiet between now and just before PAX.

So do you think it will be announced at PAX?

Just want to add in a started a new thread about a summer release. It is looking incredibly likely to me.

Ok sorry for spamming but BREAKING HYPE NEWS!!!!

KSP2'S STEAM RELEASE DATE HAS CHANGED!

It changed from coming in 2022 to coming soon. HYPPPEEEE!!!!!!!!

LETS GET THIS TRAIN GOING!!!!!!

I DONT CARE IF WE DON'T GET POST ON FRIDAY, WE ARE CLOSER THAN EVVVVERRRR!

15 hours ago, siklidkid said:

Yes, modding might be harder but it will be compatible.

Compatible ? We are not sure about anything , it may be delayed again , which will make people get upset

Edit : Harder ? No , They said it'll be more advanced which allows to make more changes , maybe we can make humans that travel in RSS

Edited by mmamh2008

15 minutes ago, siklidkid said:

day 2 of commenting until ksp 2 releases

I'm thinking of something insane , why don't we collect every part revealed in ksp 2 , in the trailer and dev diaries , and put unofficial names just like minecraft ?

Let's start with this :

https://preview.redd.it/suvb4r4ja1c81.png?width=1705&format=png&auto=webp&s=765c188cadbdeafbf67cfd2d98d8e4940dff38d0

parts :

MK.I rover cockpit

commoutron 16 ( from ksp 1 )

Mk.I triangle cargo box

"Sikan"Rover truss

"Duner" ruggedized wheel

5 parts for the rover , if I recognized all of them.

here in Italy there is a videogame newspaper that says that KSP 2 will be released in spring 2022, but i'm not sure about where they find this info.

here the article:

Kerbal Space Program 2, anteprima - Multiplayer.it

at the bottom of the article they says:

Kerbal Space Program 2 arriverà nella primavera del 2022 su PC e, per la prima volta contemporaneamente, anche su console (PS4 e Xbox One, come PS5 e Xbox Series XS). Buone notizie anche per il primo gioco che debutterà presto in una versione rinnovata sulla nextgen Sony e Microsoft, e tra poche riceverà il suo ultimo aggiornamento intitolato "On Final Approach".

translated:

Kerbal Space Program 2 will arrive in the spring of 2022 on PC and, for the first time at the same time, also on consoles (PS4 and Xbox One, such as PS5 and Xbox Series XS). Good news also for the first game that will debut soon in a renewed version on the Sony and Microsoft nextgen, and will soon receive its latest update entitled "On Final Approach".

BUT I REPEAT, i don't know where they find the info about the release.

23 hours ago, mmamh2008 said:

Let's start with this :

https://preview.redd.it/suvb4r4ja1c81.png?width=1705&format=png&auto=webp&s=765c188cadbdeafbf67cfd2d98d8e4940dff38d0

parts :

MK.I rover cockpit

commoutron 16 ( from ksp 1 )

Mk.I triangle cargo box

"Sikan"Rover truss

"Duner" ruggedized wheel

5 parts for the rover , if I recognized all of them.

Would be very cool if parts get a little dirty after driving for a while like in the trailer.

Just now, gussi111 said:

Would be very cool if parts get a little dirty after driving for a while like in the trailer.

Yes! and a cleaner and painter building, to have them shine and be painted outside the vab!

8 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

i've made a topic talking about rover:

I hope the physics of rovers will be revisited in KSP 2

2 hours ago, Laxez said:

i've made a topic talking about rover:

I hope the physics of rovers will be revisited in KSP 2

I really hope they do this. I want antigravity so i can stay on the surface of a body with my rover rather than falling off

13 hours ago, Laxez said:

here in Italy there is a videogame newspaper that says that KSP 2 will be released in spring 2022, but i'm not sure about where they find this info.

here the article:

Kerbal Space Program 2, anteprima - Multiplayer.it

at the bottom of the article they says:

Kerbal Space Program 2 arriverà nella primavera del 2022 su PC e, per la prima volta contemporaneamente, anche su console (PS4 e Xbox One, come PS5 e Xbox Series XS). Buone notizie anche per il primo gioco che debutterà presto in una versione rinnovata sulla nextgen Sony e Microsoft, e tra poche riceverà il suo ultimo aggiornamento intitolato "On Final Approach".

translated:

Kerbal Space Program 2 will arrive in the spring of 2022 on PC and, for the first time at the same time, also on consoles (PS4 and Xbox One, such as PS5 and Xbox Series XS). Good news also for the first game that will debut soon in a renewed version on the Sony and Microsoft nextgen, and will soon receive its latest update entitled "On Final Approach".

BUT I REPEAT, i don't know where they find the info about the release.

You can ignore Multiplayer.it, they're the bottom feeders of gaming journalism, other than little exceptions like Kerbal (which is a personal interest of the writer of that article) the rest they do is writing whatever gets them the most clicks and warping facts to maximize flame in their unmoderated comments.

Many people tried to confront them about that, their usual reply is that it's the readers fault for clicking on the obvious clickbait.

Outside sponsored pieces they don't have direct contact with studios, half of their articles have a Reddit or other forum post as a source.

In the couple of years that I spent as part of that community I definitely did more research to correct articles from the comment section than the "journalists" writing those articles.

On 1/15/2022 at 11:39 PM, TLTay said:

Gross. It would be awful to find out they delayed KSP2 because of some mobile rubbish.

I don't think that's likely, but Zynga making a mobile game based on KSP IP? I wouldn't be surprised. I just wonder if it will be anything worthwhile or just standard rubbish. "Looks like you ran out of delta-V for the day. Would you like to purchase more delta-V for just 25 Mun Rocks?"