KSP2 Hype Train Thread

4 minutes ago, Maria Sirona said:

Minmus will always be mint-flavored ice cream in my headcanon. I mean look at it! It clearly looks like a big ball of ice cream in KSP1! However i will accept that there is a few kilometers thick glass surface with mint-flavoured ice cream underneath.

or perhaps, it could be made of caramelized ice cream!

22 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

Woah!

KSP on mobile!

I don't think ksp will be released on mobile, because it has too many commands that on mobile I have no idea how they can be adapted, even if it were it would be ksp 1 and not ksp 2. however note the "Opportunity".

8 hours ago, Laxez said:

I don't think ksp will be released on mobile, because it has too many commands that on mobile I have no idea how they can be adapted, even if it were it would be ksp 1 and not ksp 2.

Well, for one thing, on mobile port of KSP1, you can get rid of the staging button. You'll be hot-swapping phone batteries at about the same rate, so you can code stage separation to just trigger off of that. :sticktongue:

25 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Oh cool! I remember a lot of peo0le upset the game was not confirmed for Linux. 

If this manifest into anything, the game will launch on every possible platform exept nintendo switch! (Sorry switch users)

Yeah, tell me about it...

1 hour ago, t_v said:

day 1

Im excited to teach my friends how to reach orbit for the first time. 

i'm excited to land on the moon finally, never had the chance in ksp 1 when its tutorials broke

58 minutes ago, mmamh2008 said:

who forgets RSS and KSRSS ?

RSS is a pretty rewarding experience, though unforgiving compared to the stock game or popular system overhauls like Galileo.

One of the most memorable KSP experiences for me at least was finally landing on the Moon in RSS/Career mode with full life support enabled and at real-world scale.  Shaving every 0.01t possible from your launch system/life support and making every kilo of karolox count gives you a better appreciation for how whitewashed the difficulty in stock KSP is.

Life support is also an interesting topic... we know there is (or was) planned some form of life support in KSP 2, but only at the base/outpost level as far as we heard.  It certainly adds a whole new dimension to gameplay, though it's definitely not for everyone as it seriously neuters warp and makes concurrent missions stressful to manage.

Edited by Chilkoot