KSP2 Hype Train Thread

OK , let's analyze some parts with the new WIP UI

r/KerbalSpaceProgram - The new KSP 2 UI looks much better

The UI looks great , That's KerbalX I think.

A new look at KSP 2 launch trailer - KSP 2 Discussion - Kerbal Space Program  Forums

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/954850/extras/KSP2_GIF_3.gif?t=1605113138

Look carefully , Engines seemed to turn off separately , launch failures ? Now the Abort system is a need . The smoke looks like it's WIP though

KSP2 Flight UI from Developer Story Trailer - Page 2 - KSP 2 Discussion - Kerbal  Space Program Forums

Another UI prototype

An HD look at the KSP 2 VAB : Kerbal Space Program, Video Game, Gaming :  r/KerbalSpaceProgram

Ok , so there are castor decouplers and sperate fuel tanks that appear as one ? also the name of this rocket is kerbal Gryphon orbiter MK 16 , So there are 15 MK rockets before that , interesting

45 minutes ago, mmamh2008 said:

OK , let's analyze some parts with the new WIP UI

r/KerbalSpaceProgram - The new KSP 2 UI looks much better

The UI looks great , That's KerbalX I think.

HOLD ON, How did they get to orbit without even decoupling their boosters? The KSP Devteam has been eXposed!!

1 hour ago, mmamh2008 said:

A new look at KSP 2 launch trailer - KSP 2 Discussion - Kerbal Space Program  Forums

Yes, that is one single ship. You can see it departing in the trailer and accelerating away from Jool. The forum probably ate the tread, but the scales of parts will be expanding in KSP2. There will have to be parts larger that the 5m seen in KSP1 to create that monster craft and station but keep the part count to a reasonable amount.

11 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

Yes, that is one single ship. You can see it departing in the trailer and accelerating away from Jool. The forum probably ate the tread, but the scales of parts will be expanding in KSP2. There will have to be parts larger that the 5m seen in KSP1 to create that monster craft and station but keep the part count to a reasonable amount.

I know , that was as Image I found on google so I put in here if there's something somebody doesn't know

5m parts , hmm interesting ( Saturn V hops in mind )

I know that the part list goes over 1000 parts

Edited by mmamh2008

16 minutes ago, mmamh2008 said:

I know , that was as Image I found on google so I put in here if there's something somebody doesn't know

5m parts , hmm interesting ( Saturn V hops in mind )

I know that the part list goes over 1000 parts

Ok, fair enough.  :)

Nobody outside of Intercept knows how many parts there will be. There could be a few hundred if some form of procedural sizing and fuel switching is used. (Mostly utility parts instead of tanks, structural, and wing parts.) Or several hundred if they stick with the KSP1 style of organizing the parts. (I hope not.) But they did show a procedural wings demo, that gives me hope that there will be some expansion of the procedural options for the other commonly used parts.

13 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Now you can hype KSP2 by posting every day until it comes out, because these threads have been merged. 

Ok , we now have a single thread , RIP old thread

14 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Ok, fair enough.  :)

Nobody outside of Intercept knows how many parts there will be. There could be a few hundred if some form of procedural sizing and fuel switching is used. (Mostly utility parts instead of tanks, structural, and wing parts.) Or several hundred if they stick with the KSP1 style of organizing the parts. (I hope not.) But they did show a procedural wings demo, that gives me hope that there will be some expansion of the procedural options for the other commonly used parts.

The procedural idea is better , It'll save a lot of space ... and loading time

14 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

that gives me hope that there will be some expansion of the procedural options for the other commonly used parts.

Wait a second . Wha .... You're right ! Look a this metallic bar on the orange tank :

An HD look at the KSP 2 VAB : Kerbal Space Program, Video Game, Gaming :  r/KerbalSpaceProgram

It looks that it's procedural but the metallic bar also looks like struts

That new capsule looks dope! So far we have only seen how colonies look like when they are massive and advanced, I want to see how the first colonies will look like that can only house maybe 3-4 Kerbals, what parts will you need to bring? will you be able to for example connect power producing parts with habitation parts of the colony with cables? That would make working with different parts on the surface much easier because you wouldn't have to dock every part to another with a docking port or a claw.

Edited by gussi111

In the first KSP there were not many options if I wanted big tanks with only liquid oxygen, it would be interesting if they made all tanks dynamic, so that you can choose diameter, height and type of fuel.

Obviously the orion engine will have different tanks due to the different type of fuel that is solid, and also other engines that will need specific types of fuel that is not liquid will have a separate tank type.

48 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

That new capsule looks dope! So far we have only seen how colonies look like when they are massive and advanced, I want to see how the first colonies will look like that can only house maybe 3-4 Kerbals, what parts will you need to bring? will you be able to for example connect power producing parts with habitation parts of the colony with cables? That would make working with different parts on the surface much easier because you wouldn't have to dock every part to another with a docking port or a claw.

I'd like to replicate the martian but in more kerbal way , the cables are very important , I was thinking of that some hours ago and yeah , We could have some nasa-like base parts at first for housing the first crewed missions and then the R&D makes new technologies send them .... etc

Edited by mmamh2008

1 hour ago, siklidkid said:

wait this isn't my thread

OHH It is they got merged :o

In that case: Day 11

Your thread is dead now , press F to say RIP

1 hour ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

Moar boosters?

nope , kerpstein drive

So yeah I think having fuel lines and cables to connect a bunch of different parts on the ground is a great idea, imagine having to somehow dock all parts of a huge colony together to have power for example. With this you can have power generating parts like reactors and windmills and mining sites far away from the habitation and refinery part of the colony (for esthetic or other purposes) while still supplying power and ore for the colony to function and produce fuel.

What do others think? :D 

Edited by gussi111

57 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

So yeah I think having fuel lines and cables to connect a bunch of different parts on the ground is a great idea, imagine having to somehow dock all parts of a huge colony together to have power for example. With this you can have power generating parts like reactors and windmills and mining sites far away from the habitation part of the colony (for esthetic or other purposes) while still supplying power and ore for the colony to function and produce fuel.

What do others think? :D 

so yeah , the show and tell videos of fuel makers and nuclear power generators tell me that they need to be far enough and in this picture you se that nothing is docked so cables should be there

r/KerbalSpaceProgram - This image has less haze and has a great sunset light reflection

This is the image

And this is my best reddit post which has some ksp 2 things included : https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/qny2pq/what_i_have_noticed_in_ksp_2_and_seemed_good_to/