KSP2 Hype Train Thread

A small sidebar in ksp engines section , a big leap for knowing the number of engines in ksp 2 :

https://preview.redd.it/i63o5s66gyx71.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=fb165d0be640a2c43526d30598d647124ab2415c

ok , it's math time , approximately 26 engine for half the section so the total number of engines equals 52 engines approximately.

Notice the " Type : default " and in the description : " methalox " This means that we may have kerosene , methane and for sure liquid hydrogen !

Ignore the Launch : kerbin launchpad sentence , There are several launchpads confirmed from several videos

And the first utility vehicle witnessed in ksp 2 ! ( I hope they just don't let them run every where with high speeds and make drifts smashing kerbals that keep standing and running )

1 hour ago, t_v said:

I just got a new appreciation of how massive colonies will be while looking at this compared to the metallic hydrogen factory in the fuel factory types

Guessing you just noticed the random Kerbals that are used for scale.

26 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

Any idea why the dome-shaped habitation parts of the colony are lifted from the ground other than aesthetic purposes?

I'm guessing it's solely just aesthetic purposes. They've mentioned colonies being modular before, so I have to assume that you could place those lower to the ground if you want.

On 1/24/2022 at 6:51 PM, mmamh2008 said:

A new look at KSP 2 launch trailer - KSP 2 Discussion - Kerbal Space Program  Forums

On 1/24/2022 at 8:58 PM, shdwlrd said:

Yes, that is one single ship. You can see it departing in the trailer and accelerating away from Jool. The forum probably ate the tread, but the scales of parts will be expanding in KSP2. There will have to be parts larger that the 5m seen in KSP1 to create that monster craft and station but keep the part count to a reasonable amount.

This is the large orbital shipyard with the huge interplanetary ship. 
It has rings for spin gravity and an new command module in front. 

On the station, I agree more habitation to the right you see an inflatable habitat to. 
More solar looks more like resource containers, raw materials or parts, much here looks its from the StationParts Expansion Redux mod who has resource containers a lot like these. 
Life support, plausible, the ship has them to and its close to the crew area while the ship has the other type of resource containers in the rear. 
Other option is some sort of workshop. 

The crane might be an working cadarm or it could just be part of the large shipyard right of the ship. 

On 1/24/2022 at 7:39 PM, siklidkid said:

HOLD ON, How did they get to orbit without even decoupling their boosters? The KSP Devteam has been eXposed!!

Now if you build the ship on Minmus that is plausible, has an ship like that waiting for an Duna window, 4 chemical boosters around an nuclear stage and an nuclear upper stage. 

1 hour ago, gussi111 said:

How are they going to make the game not drop to 10fps when you have a huge ship with so many parts and a colony/shipyard next to it? Like in KSP1.

It will have nearly 50 parts for the interstellar ship but the big station it may have procedural truss which will decrease the part count dramatically so there will be 100 or 200 parts only instead of 500 or 600 in ksp

And for sure Unity new versions will decrease loading time unlike ksp 1 and for sure enhancements will be made as we saw in the last dev diary , so nothing to worry about (I think)

2 hours ago, gussi111 said:

How are they going to make the game not drop to 10fps when you have a huge ship with so many parts and a colony/shipyard next to it? Like in KSP1.

The parts are larger and longer than what is available in KSP1. If you're familiar the USI constellation of mods, all the rings, spherical tanks, cargo containers, trusses bear a striking resemblance to older versions of the FFT mod. The parts in the FFT are at least 2x longer than the largest stock parts.

Ok , so part naming !!

https://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Colonies.jpg?id=6154

"munker" terrestrial VAB

Some modular solar panels

Life support tanks ( white )

Liquid fuel storage tanks ( black ) The miner near the tanks indicate that they're liquid fuel tanks , No intelligence required

Metallic ( rocket parts ? ) tanks

A big antenna with a Boulder !

This is much easier

https://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Multiplayer.jpg?id=6157

Ok , so A strange engine with a ball

An adapter

Rockmax fuel tank

Landing legs and solar panels attached to it

RCS tank

A service bay

A battery

Reaction wheels ? with RCS thrusters

Decoupler

Heat shield

and for sure the beautiful MK 1-3 capsule with a parachute above.

1 minute ago, Lijazos said:

And the radio silence continues

We'll wait two weeks , If they're still silent , therefore they are doing something big , maybe a release trailer or a Beta , people will be happy and sad , happy because ksp 2 will release but sad because they need to wait 6 or more months to have a good number of mods

How old is that first image? Isn't the ground shown in Mun terrain progress nicer with more dense scatter? I want my boulders big and small, dense and scarce. It may also be that it's far from the ground so not everything is loaded in. Also that antenna is huge!

https://imgur.com/a/bq0sF2A It seems that most of the boulders in the middle will be collidable.

Edited by gussi111

1 hour ago, gussi111 said:

How old is that first image? Isn't the ground shown in Mun terrain progress nicer with more dense scatter? I want my boulders big and small, dense and scarce. It may also be that it's far from the ground so not everything is loaded in. Also that antenna is huge!

https://imgur.com/a/bq0sF2A It seems that most of the boulders in the middle will be collidable.

It's really collidable , unlike ksp 1 mechanics , ksp 2 will have more collidable things

Please keep guideline 2.2m in mind while posting and avoid making posts that have no content (e.g. nothing more than "day x" or repetitive "hype" posts etc.) Some of those comments have been removed. 

And now, let's get back to hype. 

16 minutes ago, Deddly said:

Please keep guideline 2.2m in mind while posting and avoid making posts that have no content (e.g. nothing more than "day x" or repetitive "hype" posts etc.) Some of those comments have been removed. 

And now, let's get back to hype. 

Ok so should we say for example : Day 13 and add some ksp 2 and information and continue talking ?

Anyway , I got curious about the latest UI improvement in ksp 2 so I opened the last dev diary and here's a good image :

12s6gqM.png

So things are getting better , but there are news : see those yellow icons near the navball , maybe they are parallel and non parallel ( or what it's called )

It's now more clearer than before  of how the UI will look