KSP2 Hype Train Thread

6 minutes ago, mmamh2008 said:

Ok so should we say for example : Day 13 and add some ksp 2 and information and continue talking ?

Anyway , I got curious about the latest UI improvement in ksp 2 so I opened the last dev diary and here's a good image :

12s6gqM.png

So things are getting better , but there are news : see those yellow icons near the navball , maybe they are parallel and non parallel ( or what it's called )

It's now more clearer than before  of how the UI will look

It would be very nice if they added multiple UIs, for example: KSP1 UI, KSP1 UI but modernized and maybe 1 or 2 new UIs like we see here.

13 minutes ago, mmamh2008 said:

So things are getting better , but there are news : see those yellow icons near the navball , maybe they are parallel and non parallel ( or what it's called )

Oooh yes I didn't notice those before in the dev diary! Definitely could be parallel/anti-parallel. But possibly could also be just regular target/anti-target. Maybe it's contextual? Also, there are three items in the right orientation controller segment, which seems odd to me. Shouldn't it be even, with pairs of direction/anti-direction?

12 minutes ago, mmamh2008 said:

It's now more clearer than before  of how the UI will look

Nope, that is one of many different UI's that has been shown. All the UI's shown are for testing purposes. So you can't really infer the final look or style for them.

9 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

It would be very nice if they added multiple UIs, for example: KSP1 UI, KSP1 UI but modernized and maybe 1 or 2 new UIs like we see here.

I think the idea here is to have one clean standardised UI than have to maintain a cluttered mess lol

10 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

Nope, that is one of many different UI's that has been shown. All the UI's shown are for testing purposes. So you can't really infer the final look or style for them.

But it's really late to make a new one

1 hour ago, gussi111 said:

This. This alone would be one of the best features KSP 2 could offer. But I can see the difficulty of adapting an already existing UI to a game that offers many new options and systems.

Even so, I'm confident someone will eventually make a fully fleshed modded KSP1 UI (if even that level of modding is possible).

3 hours ago, gussi111 said:

How old is that first image? Isn't the ground shown in Mun terrain progress nicer with more dense scatter? I want my boulders big and small, dense and scarce. It may also be that it's far from the ground so not everything is loaded in. Also that antenna is huge!

https://imgur.com/a/bq0sF2A It seems that most of the boulders in the middle will be collidable.

I'm just hoping terrain scatter isn't as much of a pain for performance as it is on KSP1. Sometimes it will just wreck your performance completely for no reason.

42 minutes ago, mmamh2008 said:

But it's really late to make a new one

Is it? How long does it take an experienced UI developer to create a new UI? It can't be that long or they wouldn't have a job.

We don't know when that screen was captured. It could have been months prior to the actual release of the dev diary. Much like all the other screenshots and videos, you can't say when it was taken or if an element has been finalized or not. All the previews we have seen have been taken on different builds of the game. Sometimes one dev diary or spotlight will include previews from multiple builds at once. So it's very unwise it think anything shown in a preview picture is what will be shown in the final version.

10 minutes ago, t_v said:

day 8

yeah, some of the discussions in the every day thread don’t fit here and vice versa. I feel like merging them removed a big chunk of the discussion. 

my day 11 comment was removed, and yours probably will be too

1 minute ago, siklidkid said:

my day 11 comment was removed, and yours probably will be too

Nope , the moderator said any comment with text will not be removed , only comments with text : Day x only

Or you could train your docking maneuvers, pinpoint landings, or simply try to find out how much delta v you can squeeze out of chemical rocket, so you can replicate it when the game is out to bruteforce your way to DebDeb.

On 1/26/2022 at 10:47 AM, BekfastDerp13 said:

This might have been asked already, but what are you most hyped for about KSP 2? Personally, I am excited about the stock real plumes, realistic sounds, and the double lava planet system!

@BekfastDerp13, Your post has been merged into a more appropriate thread. 

Day 13, am excited for explosions, engine plume effects, SUNSETS, how the Mun will look like in the night sky of Kerbin (hopefully we will see the Mun actually go through "Munar phases" like the Moon), colonies are huge too since it's not anymore just land, do science, plant a flag and that's it, I can't wait to make a small colony on the Mun for 3-4 Kerbals..

I just looked at take two's jobs postings for seattle (Kerbal office), and it looks like they're hiring for pretty much everything. Artists, designers, engineers, QA testers, producers, etc. I hope everything's ok over there and they didn't all jump ship...