KSP2 Hype Train Thread

22 minutes ago, TheOrbitalMechanic said:

All we know at the moment is that they're shooting for a 2022 release. It also came out at some point that they're targeting fiscal year 2023, and putting those pieces of info together means no earlier than April 1, but no later than December 31. It doesn't narrow things down a lot, but we'll certainly get some info in the coming months (keep your eye on PAX East, I highly suspect something will be shown there).

when is PAX East ?

1 hour ago, Minmus Taster said:

Am I the only one who's already nostalgic for the Trailer and feature vid's?

I think it's time I finally checked into the hype train:

thumb_kerbal-space-program-kerbal-space-

No , see my thread on reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/s5a2nu/i_watched_the_ksp_2_trailer_again_to_decrease_my/

Note : comments are so negative , just don't read them

Edited by mmamh2008

7 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

We already have launch smoke in KSP1 but the KSP2 will look awesome if it looks anything like the trailer.

I know but it doesn't look that cool like the trailer , even the strange ksp 2 pre-alpha smoke is better

I don't think I can currently comprehend how good KSP 2 will look when it's complete. Like, we've seen all the different parts, features, visuals, etc. in Show and Tells and such, so I know there are clouds and atmospheric fog, and I know the plumes will look more realistic, and I know the Mun will look crazy good, but I can't quite put it all together in my head. This game is going to be crazy.

The good news is, we only have to wait 11 more months as a worst case scenario!

1 hour ago, TheOrbitalMechanic said:

I don't think I can currently comprehend how good KSP 2 will look when it's complete. Like, we've seen all the different parts, features, visuals, etc. in Show and Tells and such, so I know there are clouds and atmospheric fog, and I know the plumes will look more realistic, and I know the Mun will look crazy good, but I can't quite put it all together in my head. This game is going to be crazy.

The good news is, we only have to wait 11 more months as a worst case scenario!

If it releases...

10 hours ago, TheOrbitalMechanic said:

We still counting days? It's been 21 days since the counting thread started, but people haven't posted on many of those days.

Anyway, Day 21! Looking forward to the next feature video, probably sometime next month.

We felt bored so we stopped , 0 hype left.

Take 2's Q3 earnings call is at 4:30PM EST tomorrow (Mon, Feb 7).  KSP2 might be just big enough to be on their financials radar via Private Division, and there's at least a non-zero chance for some shareholder guidance on progress/release.

Just now, Chilkoot said:

Take 2's Q3 earnings call is at 4:30PM EST tomorrow (Mon, Feb 7).  KSP2 might be just big enough to be on their financials radar via Private Division, and there's at least a non-zero chance for some shareholder guidance on progress/release.

Good news , 2 liters of hype fuel .

Most recent show and tell had an ESRB rating pending icon. Apparently you only get RP after you have applied for rating, which means they've submitted their rating packet/form/info for review. Games usually release fairly soon after they get their rating, from what I can gather. Should mean it's almost done.

2 hours ago, TLTay said:

Most recent show and tell had an ESRB rating pending icon. Apparently you only get RP after you have applied for rating, which means they've submitted their rating packet/form/info for review. Games usually release fairly soon after they get their rating, from what I can gather. Should mean it's almost done.

That is VERY interesting. Very good attention to detail. 

14 hours ago, TLTay said:

So , on average , How much does it take for ESRB to finish ? ( This is the first game I wait for release )

Edited by mmamh2008

22 minutes ago, mmamh2008 said:

So , on average , How much does it take for ESRB to finish ? ( This is the first game to wait for release )

No idea, but games tend to release within months after getting a rating. The game needs to be done enough to rate, and the rating needs to be done before going to market. So it's looking promising for news at PAX in April. 

1 hour ago, TLTay said:

news at PAX

Do consumers really care about these events?  These all seem to have become insider/industry events disassociated from the lives of the average game purchaser. 

I get timing releases to Thanksgiving /Christmas because everyone (In America / the West) is much spendier, but I cannot remember a time that I saw something revealed at PAX or CES that influenced me towards wanting a product. 

14 hours ago, TLTay said:

Didn't they have rating pending on the announcement trailer too?

2 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

Didn't they have rating pending on the announcement trailer too?

I don't remember, but it wouldn't be surprising since they intended to release soon thereafter. They probably got a lot more interest than planned and decided to delay to make the game all it could be instead of KSP1 with stock mods. Just a guess.

7 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Do consumers really care about these events?  These all seem to have become insider/industry events disassociated from the lives of the average game purchaser. 

They mentioned PAX specifically in some job postings for KSP2. I don't care about the expo, but game journalists and channels tend to get info/trailers/etc from these kind of things that does influence purchases.