KSP2 Hype Train Thread

2 hours ago, gussi111 said:

Didn't they have rating pending on the announcement trailer too?

The original announce trailer from Aug 19, 2019 displayed a provisional PEGI rating (original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rPc5fvXf7Q):

VV9nQmT.png

The latest show-and-tell has an ESRB rating pending stamp (original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci7-5SsstFs):

lHgaNMb.png

I am not an expert on this stuff, but I believe that "Rating Pending" is a very different beast, and points to something rather imminent.

Edited by Chilkoot

20 minutes ago, Chilkoot said:

The original announce trailer from Aug 19, 2019 displayed a provisional PEGI rating (original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rPc5fvXf7Q):

VV9nQmT.png

The latest show-and-tell has an ESRB rating pending stamp (original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci7-5SsstFs):

lHgaNMb.png

I am not an expert on this stuff, but I believe that "Rating Pending" is a very different beast, and points to something rather imminent.

This means that the first rating phase is complete , waiting the second and final .... Hype ....

21 minutes ago, Chilkoot said:

ESRB

Electronic SRB ????! How ?

36 minutes ago, daninplainsight said:

They've had rating pending on the announcement trailer, every feature video, and every show and tell highlights video posted to YouTube as well, at least on the versions posted to the Kerbal Space Program channel.

This poster is correct. I hadn't noticed. That's unfortunate. I was hoping it was almost done. Oh well.

44 minutes ago, mmamh2008 said:

Electronic SRB ????! How ?

Piezoelectric sonic propulsion.   Only works as a low-altitude boost phase, up to about 0.1 atm pressure.

Testing has shown the most effective sonic payload is Rush's 2112 overture.

33 minutes ago, Chilkoot said:

Piezoelectric sonic propulsion.   Only works as a low-altitude boost phase, up to about 0.1 atm pressure.

Testing has shown the most effective sonic payload is Rush's 2112 overture.

Data secure: 1-0-0 1-0-0

1 SOS!

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

2 hours ago, TLTay said:

This poster is correct. I hadn't noticed. That's unfortunate. I was hoping it was almost done. Oh well.

The trailer itself has the ESRB icon , so nothing changed ....

and hype has ( some kind of ) liftoff !

r/KerbalSpaceProgram - KSP 2 to Be Released Fiscal 2023 (July 2022 - June 2023), According to Take Two Earnings Call Earlier Today.

ksp 2 is between 1 April 2022 and 31 march 2023 , I hope it had a more specific date like other games but , huh... at least they said it will launch.

we could have something in PAX east.

Edited by mmamh2008

Tiny Tina was announced ages ago, on one of the big showcases.

Now, I don't know why people are so excited about something we knew for a long time already. Fiscal 2023 is nothing new, it's been known since last financial report, in May 2021.

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

Tiny Tina was announced ages ago, on one of the big showcases.

Yeah but I never heard of it untill today, thought it was for little girls or something, with ponys and rainbows :D

I'm just getting old

Edited by modus

2 hours ago, mmamh2008 said:

and hype has ( some kind of ) liftoff !

ksp 2 is between 1 April 2022 and 31 march 2023 , I hope it had a more specific date like other games but , huh... at least they said it will launch.

we could have something in PAX east.

It dioesn't take rocket science to see that the list is in chronological order, and it doesn't say Fall 2022. So that's going to be "winter 2022" at best but  I  wouldn't be shocked of March 31, 2023 either. I'm not sure if the fixed deadline is good news. Remember how KSP1 went from 0.23 to 0.9 to 1.0 in like 6 weeks followed by weeks and weeks of bug fix releases?

47 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

It dioesn't take rocket science to see that the list is in chronological order, and it doesn't say Fall 2022. So that's going to be "winter 2022" at best but  I  wouldn't be shocked of March 31, 2023 either. I'm not sure if the fixed deadline is good news. Remember how KSP1 went from 0.23 to 0.9 to 1.0 in like 6 weeks followed by weeks and weeks of bug fix releases?

It doesn't have any calendar date at all, so it could be at the bottom of the list due to its "TBA" status.   We just don't know - the guidance only says FY23, and that's the only real info provided in this chart.

2 hours ago, gussi111 said:

Do you reckon we are getting something today or is it another radio silence for a month or two?

Admittedly, now that we got a S&T two weeks ago my expectations are higher today...

29 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

I am disappointed, but look at the silver lining. The less they show us means we are closer to release or big news.

That's an optimistic look at the situation, when you look at it from a pessimistic side..

9 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Some thing's just don't have to be said

But this one does. The lack of information has not been indicative of anything in the past and will probably not be in the future. You cannot reasonably say that it means that the dev team is getting close to release without relying on some sketchy assumptions