KSP2 Hype Train Thread

32 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

Apparently it's fiscal 2023 now (now to early 2023).

Not a great sign but we will have to see, I've predicted that the next feature video will be out tomorrow in the past, I bet you a shred of my dignity on if it will happen.

If they could do it without spoilers it would be refreshing to see an editor speedbuild, launch, and landing on Mun in KSP2.  I hope they've arrived at a point where that is possible, with perhaps some temporary glue in the code.  It would seem realistic at this point that they'd be able to do something along these lines.  The longer it takes to see something cohesive with real gameplay flow the more the conspiracy theories will grow and that is not something that would seem desirable for the product.   A vid of basic building and somewhat extended gameplay would nip it in the bud, even if they have to cobble it together a bit

Often times if there's going to be a video, someone will mention an unlisted or unwatchable video on the youtube page because they load it up before they unlock it. Did anyone see one this time?

14 minutes ago, TLTay said:

Often times if there's going to be a video, someone will mention an unlisted or unwatchable video on the youtube page because they load it up before they unlock it. Did anyone see one this time?

It's thursday buddy.

Uhh, guys? Did anyone notice the steam page changed? It used to say "Coming Soon" but now it says "Planned release date: 2022"

https://store.steampowered.com/app/954850/Kerbal_Space_Program_2/

That's weird, right?

EDIT: what it looked like before: https://web.archive.org/web/20220316141611/https://store.steampowered.com/app/954850/Kerbal_Space_Program_2/

Edited by EngineeringWaffle

12 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

Apparently it's fiscal 2023 now (now to early 2023).

Not a great sign but we will have to see, I've predicted that the next feature video will be out tomorrow in the past, I bet you a shred of my dignity on if it will happen.

Based on what? The only official release info I've seen is 2022.

5 hours ago, EngineeringWaffle said:

Based on what? The only official release info I've seen is 2022.

As Minmus told you, it's from the T2 papers. But I fear you might be confused. "Fiscal Year 2023" includes 2022. It tuns from July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2023.

In other words, according to T2, they should release it around that time.

Also, I have a good feeling about this friday. C'mon people, today is the day for some little news.

Edited by Sesshaku

6 hours ago, EngineeringWaffle said:

Uhh, guys? Did anyone notice the steam page changed? It used to say "Coming Soon" but now it says "Planned release date: 2022"

https://store.steampowered.com/app/954850/Kerbal_Space_Program_2/

That's weird, right?

EDIT: what it looked like before: https://web.archive.org/web/20220316141611/https://store.steampowered.com/app/954850/Kerbal_Space_Program_2/

Interesting.  It did use to say that before, and then changed to coming soon, and now changed back again lol. 

First off, we don't know when these parts were made.

Second, you don't think people who made these parts are now doing something else, like, idk, coding? Their job is to make parts (that's an example, obviously, you can see there people working on meshes, materials, animations, probably behavior, each dev does something different.). It doesn't matter when they're made, as long as all planned parts are finished before the game goes gold.

2 hours ago, siklidkid said:

WE GOT NEWS!!! PROCEDURAL RADIATORS!!! GO TO SHOW AND TELL!!!

Told you I had a good feeling for this friday.
Also I hope there's procedural everything. The rocket building experience of Realism Overhaul is just better.

58 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

Does anyone that is more informed on this know if it's a little weird or not for them to still be making parts this far into development instead of doing something else? :) 

I'm a software dev. In my opinion it would be suspicious if they were, say, making a system that allowed for procedural parts. Once you have a system that allows you to make procedural parts, making procedural radiators would likely not be terribly difficult. Also, if normal radiator parts had already been made, adding the ability to have procedural ones might have been an optional objective. Procedural radiators aren't necessary to the game's minimum viable product, and could be easily added in an update down the line, so there would be little pressure to make sure they were done before release.

If I were prioritizing tasks, allowing for procedurally defined radiators would probably be one of the last parts-related tasks I would prioritize. I wouldn't be concerned if they had just completed it.

As with everything though, it doesn't actually mean the game is going to release soon,  there could be other areas that are development bottlenecks. Even if just one of the dev teams is behind their minimum viable product, the whole project has to be delayed or released in a buggy state. Best parts system in the whole world won't fix a buggy physics engine or a terrible framerate.

1 hour ago, gussi111 said:

Does anyone that is more informed on this know if it's a little weird or not for them to still be making parts this far into development instead of doing something else? :) 

The people who are working on them are artists 1st, coders if need be. Intercept could be responding to play testers gripes or someone crunched the numbers and seen that there was no good options for handling heat without spamming radiators. 

3 hours ago, EngineeringWaffle said:

I'm a software dev. In my opinion it would be suspicious if they were, say, making a system that allowed for procedural parts. Once you have a system that allows you to make procedural parts, making procedural radiators would likely not be terribly difficult. Also, if normal radiator parts had already been made, adding the ability to have procedural ones might have been an optional objective. Procedural radiators aren't necessary to the game's minimum viable product, and could be easily added in an update down the line, so there would be little pressure to make sure they were done before release.

If I were prioritizing tasks, allowing for procedurally defined radiators would probably be one of the last parts-related tasks I would prioritize. I wouldn't be concerned if they had just completed it.

As with everything though, it doesn't actually mean the game is going to release soon,  there could be other areas that are development bottlenecks. Even if just one of the dev teams is behind their minimum viable product, the whole project has to be delayed or released in a buggy state. Best parts system in the whole world won't fix a buggy physics engine or a terrible framerate.

Thank you for explaining :) 

Edited by gussi111