KSP2 Hype Train Thread

14 minutes ago, Lijazos said:

And the radio silence show must go on. Q1 2022 is over. No release date announcement in sight. 

2023 delay is imminent. 

Eh.

On 3/31/2022 at 5:58 PM, The Aziz said:

Even if we're looking at worst case scenario: release on 31st December this year, then we're much more than half a year away. So the campaign hasn't started yet, and in theory they still got time. However, if it doesn't start in July, I will start getting slightly worried as well.

18 minutes ago, mmamh2008 said:

There is a release date , it was hidden with the dres removal April fool , they aim for September release

No, no. Release date was actually hidden in the pitch drop experiment post. It's July.

Sure! https://livestream.com/uq/events/5369913

I think OP was deleted after Nate said they wanted to make the pitch announcement later. He probably missed the meeting. Anyway, I made some statistical calculations on average pitch drop time, results were July 2022/2023 or 2026/2027 if taking only 7-8-9 drops into account.

Edited by Vl3d

3 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

Just as an aside I've always marveled at your knowledge on the technical/engineering side. Is that your field or just a hobby? 

Well, back when  I thought I would be entering the workforce, it was going to be my field.

However, I've since come to the realization that the specific set of disabilities that I have, combined with several of my deepest-seated personality traits, make me entirely unsuited for such things, especially a highly skilled field like aerospace engineering. My ADHD, even tho I have medicines to treat it, still affects me enough that I just don't have the ability to focus on a single task for long enough, especially if I'm bored with it. Additionally, no matter what it is I'm doing, it will take me likely less than 6 months of doing that one thing for me to tire of it to the point that I hate doing it. And if that's not bad enough, if I'm not interested in what I'm doing, or I dislike it, there are very few things in the world that can force me to do it (and no, money is not one of those things that will force me).

However, just because I hate actually going thru the motions of doing something does not mean that I actually hate the subject itself. I have a passion for understanding how things work, which I apply to basically every facet of my existence.
So I understand a whole lot of things at a "working" level, even if I don't know the specific math behind it. I'm highly skilled at doing math, and I scored a 95 on my HS physics test despite having a year gap between my actual HS physics class and when I could take the exam (due to suffering a skull fracture right before finals).

I'm convinced that the only reason I failed my AP calculus class was that it was in the morning (literally the first period of the day), and with my (at the time) undiagnosed sleep disorder I kept falling asleep in class (and believe you me it's not because I was bored, my brain simply didn't give me a choice in the matter, it was literally a matter of not being able to keep my head up and my eyes open). And then when I tried going to college, I had to take calculus again, and then my personality traits got in the way because "hey I've seen this stuff before, let's do something else and not focus". So I dropped out of college, and apparently because doing it once wasn't enough to convince my parents that it wasn't going to work, I had to go thru all that again.

On the other hand, I had figured out how to work my calculator well enough to solve nearly any problem they sent my way that they had currently covered, and I still understand some basic Calculus concepts.

It's not really a matter of not being intelligent enough to do the work, the problem is that they want me to show the process of doing the work, whereas I can't seem to make my calculator spit that kind of step-by-step result out. It will simply skip right to the final solved equation (or as solved as it can be given the information available).

Math, science, physics, all of that interests me a great deal, that's why I play KSP in the first place.
The only reason it's a hobby and not a job is that I don't have the right paperwork to get a job in the field, and I have problems applying myself.

Heck most of the stuff I know about rockets has been self-taught via reading Wikipedia or other reference material, or thru playing games like Orbiter Space Flight Simulator (which is where I learned to dock, long before KSP even existed).

42 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

Sure! https://livestream.com/uq/events/5369913

I think OP was deleted after Nate said they wanted to make the pitch announcement later. He probably missed the meeting. Anyway, I made some statistical calculations on average pitch drop time, results were July 2022/2023 or 2026/2027 if taking only 7-8-9 drops into account.

I made a joking comment about that (not deleted) and I think Nate Simpson replied in kind, so it wasn’t serious. 

(here is the thread btw)

Between the two, the Dres one was posted by the actual PR person/team whereas the pitch drop was posted by a moderator, and the Dres date (I think it was September 12?) is more specific than a range of days. 

3 hours ago, TheOrbitalMechanic said:

I'd bet on still having a couple weeks to go, but yeah, definitely this month!

Agreed. I'm guessing April 22nd is the big day.

It is not Friday in every part of the world. In fact, where I live, it is still Thursday.

And new information from the developers doesn't even always release on a Friday. Friday is just when everyone seems to expect it to be released.
The developers do what they want (or more likely, what they have planned) regardless of when the forums think they will release the information.

It's like I said. We can't do anything about it, so why worry about it? Don't tie yourself in knots for nothing, that's how you get stomach ulcers.

3 hours ago, SciMan said:

It is not Friday in every part of the world. In fact, where I live, it is still Thursday.

And new information from the developers doesn't even always release on a Friday. Friday is just when everyone seems to expect it to be released.
The developers do what they want (or more likely, what they have planned) regardless of when the forums think they will release the information.

It's like I said. We can't do anything about it, so why worry about it? Don't tie yourself in knots for nothing, that's how you get stomach ulcers.

Very well put, but may I present a counterpoint?

TODAY IS FRIDAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not religious, but I'm fairly certain "Thou shall not disparage their fellow man for their celebration of the weeks end" is somewhere in the commandments--if not, then we gotta get Moses back up in here with a chisel to add some sh*t.

Edited by EngineeringWaffle

2 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

What is this image showing?

A landing pad or something and a rocket with a new capsule , maybe it's the mk2

Edited by mmamh2008