KSP2 Hype Train Thread

2 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Considering how often people propose features that are already confirmed to be implemented, I doubt that would help much :ph34r:

PREACH

On 4/22/2022 at 9:09 AM, Vl3d said:

Maybe today were getting some info on a game changing new part, like procedural trusses! Or wheels!

It's Friday again, but I have no hype today. Let the weeks roll by.

On 4/26/2022 at 11:20 PM, EngineeringWaffle said:

What do we think the odds are of some kind of collectors version when the game is released? 

I think the odds are high for pre-release bonus and collectors version of the game.

The usual. Cautiously optimistic but not enough to warrant feeling disappointed. I’d say there is a roughly 1 in 3 chance of news based on previous trends. 

5 hours ago, gussi111 said:

You know what tomorrow is, how are the hype levels doing? 

I think it's fair to expect something tomorrow.

36 minutes ago, Ahres said:

I think it's fair to expect something tomorrow.

Best case scenario, we get a release date.

Stuff in order of hype made (Least to most)

1. Nothing
  2. Show and Tell
  3. Dev Diary
  4. Feature video
  5. Release Date

Just now, Admiral Fluffy said:

Stuff in order of hype made (Least to most)

1. Nothing

That made me laugh.

I expect a S&T or maybe even a Dev Diary. A Feature Video would completely catch me off guard. It'd be a surprise to be sure, and a welcome one. And I think we still have a little while until a release date announcement. When looking at it through the corporate lens, here's what I think: T2 has their next earnings call on May 16 for Q4 FY22. The reports have been stating a release window of FY23 for upwards of a year now if I'm not mistaken. Since this coming report still falls in FY22 I expect the same status to be listed for KSP2.  But... the next earnings report wouldn't come until what, August? We'd better have a release date by then, dad gummit. Otherwise, I'll have to give a tip of the cap to all the negative nancy's on this forum that think the game will be delayed again.

Can't wait for all of you to get upset tomorrow when nothing happens. Me, I got other games to play.
Heck the only reason I check in on this part of the forums every day is that sometimes I like chatting.
Don't get me wrong, I'm hype for KSP 2, but i'm SO hype for KSP 2 that "no news" is not something that makes me panic.
No matter how many days/weeks/months it has been since the last minuscule crumb of data about KSP 2 from the developers has been delivered, I am able to TRUST the developers to continue developing KSP 2 at a pace of "not wasting any time, but also not overworking themselves". The "Crunch time" mindset in video game development is TOXIC. It is not good for developers, it is not good for games, and it is really not good for players (despite what they think).
Additionally, when I see people clamoring for more data from the developers, all I can see is their thought bubble going "I don't want to discover anything new on my own by playing the game, I want to know it like I've played it for 100 hours before I even have it on my hard drive, spoil everything for me!" and I just shake my head, because from what I understand, the developers are looking to do EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE OF THAT.

If you really are in an existential crisis because of the lack of data about KSP 2, I have some advice.
Relax. Play something else. Take a week long break from the forums. I'm sure you have other things you're interested in that you could be thinking about. Or maybe your homework is falling behind, or you're having trouble in a certain subject in school. You could fix those problems, or other problems you might have in your life.
Or you know, you could learn how to make mods for KSP 1, in preparation for being able to make mods for KSP 2!

Trust me, I'm gonna be 34 years old this month, and I've been playing video games for more than half that time.
Video games come out when they come out.
Nobody on this forum except maybe the CM's has the pull with the developers to nudge the release date in any particular direction even a nanosecond.
And you know what I do when I find I can't do anything about a situation? I do the healthiest thing I've ever heard of. I stop worrying about it. I do stay up to date on it, but I stop worrying about the outcome.

To be honest, I'm not even sure the developers know when the game is going to release. Having a "fixed must release this date or else" kind of release date when the game's not done is NOT a good way to develop a game. Sure, they might be "aiming" for a certain release date window, but you know what? Things happen. Stuff gets in the way. Unexpected situations crop up. And this game is too important to NOT MESS UP when it DOES release, so they're making sure what they do now isn't stuff that they have to go back and completely re-write 6 months to a year from now when the game gets its first major patch (You know, aside from the potential that a new version of Unity comes out and forces that upon them, but IMO that falls under "unexpected situations").

I mean with KSP 1 we made it thru MANY Unity engine updates, some of them tailored to KSP itself! Yes, things broke, many older KSP mods fell by the wayside, but you know what? We made it thru all that without losing our heads.
Heck we made it thru MULTIPLE forum crashes too, and yeah we lost a lot of posts, but you know what we didn't lose? The community, and the level of mutual respect that exists between the forum members, the moderators, the CM's, and the developers themselves.

So we'll make it thru this. No matter if KSP releases in 2022 or 2023 or even 2024. I don't care when it releases, to be honest. OK, "maybe" I'll get worried if it's delayed to 2025. But that's 3 years from now. I fully expect KSP 2 to have at least one DLC release out by 2025. More likely 2. But that's just my opinion.

@SciMan although it kind of feels like your post came out of left field, it seems like my attitude toward the game and its developers aligns well with yours. I just simply think we can expect something tomorrow. 

I don't see any freakouts, game-is-dead chants, or existential crises for at least the last two pages. Which is probably a record.

Edit: And then @whatsEJstandfor promptly ended that streak right before I posted.

Edited by Ahres

36 minutes ago, stephensmat said:

Is there an actual schedule, or just 'Maybe this week'? I've never seen an official timetable for updates.

No they made it clear last fall they were focusing on finishing the game for a while and updates would come less regularly until they were done. Maybe something tomorrow but just as likely a week or two from now. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

2 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Apparently today is national space day, which could be an opportunity to show something, but again, I'm not keeping my hopes high.

We should get something today or very soon. Either way, if the game actualy comes out this year, it will be in our grasp in less than 7 months.

45 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Apparently today is national space day, which could be an opportunity to show something, but again, I'm not keeping my hopes high.

Thats cool. I don't think we got anything today, did we?

The KSP Twitter account posted this.  

Those are KSP2 Kerbonauts. If this is a screenshot...well holy good night.

Edit: The backpacks have charge levels on them! Functioning PLSS's?!

Edited by Ahres