KSP2 Hype Train Thread

19 minutes ago, Ahres said:

What do you mean suit designer?

The suits have electric charge indicators, so they must have batteries. Maybe we can change suits and backpacks also functionally, not only cosmetically.

9 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

The suits have electric charge indicators, so they must have batteries. Maybe we can change suits and backpacks also functionally, not only cosmetically.

Maybe.... I wouldn't get my hopes up though. We've only ever seen one style of backpack. The charge indicator just suggest you may have more to worry about than a Kerbal's RCS supply. 

That which you're suggesting is confirmed is definitely not confirmed though.

3 hours ago, Ahres said:

I want to talk more about this possibly being a screenshot. I really hope it is. It's just about everything I want to see when I land on KSP2's Mun for the first time. The only thing missing is some footprints, and they may just be in the shadow. Look at the terrain! The scatter, the small craters, even some small rilles! Rilles! Never even thought about them being on the Mun. And the lighting is wonderful. High contrast between sunlight and shadow. No visible starfield. My fellow lighting critic, @PDCWolf, might even approve of this. Man I hope this is in-game.

3 minutes ago, Ahres said:

I want to talk more about this possibly being a screenshot. I really hope it is. 

I agree, they seem to have downgraded the image quality too, I don't see a reason for doing it if it's not an actual screenshot

12 minutes ago, Ahres said:

I want to talk more about this possibly being a screenshot. I really hope it is. It's just about everything I want to see when I land on KSP2's Mun for the first time. The only thing missing is some footprints, and they may just be in the shadow. Look at the terrain! 

The image looks about on par with what we've seen so far of the terrain in videos. I think the chances are decent this is game footage.

43 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

OMG we're getting nothing new today, please someone pass the copium.

I just treat each week with no news as a kind of exercise in personal patience. Each one makes you stronger.

16 hours ago, Ahres said:

I want to talk more about this possibly being a screenshot. I really hope it is. It's just about everything I want to see when I land on KSP2's Mun for the first time. The only thing missing is some footprints, and they may just be in the shadow. Look at the terrain! The scatter, the small craters, even some small rilles! Rilles! Never even thought about them being on the Mun. And the lighting is wonderful. High contrast between sunlight and shadow. No visible starfield. My fellow lighting critic, @PDCWolf, might even approve of this. Man I hope this is in-game.

It is not. It looks identical to that original announcement cinematic, so it is guaranteed to be from the next one.

What it does tell us is that we can expect to see another cinematic video though.

3 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

What it does tell us is that we can expect to see another cinematic video though.

No it doesn't. It just means someone reused an image from 2019.

10 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

No it doesn't. It just means someone reused an image from 2019.

Also possibly that, true. I couldn't be bothered to watch it again to see if that exact scene could be pulled from it or not. It could also have been cut footage from back then too.

8 hours ago, MechBFP said:

It is not. It looks identical to that original announcement cinematic.

Respectfully, MechBFP, I don’t see how you can say this with so much certainty. Has it been awhile since you’ve watched the announce cinematic?

With the same degree of certainty you gave, I can say it is definitely not an exact scene from the cinematic. 

If nothing else, this has a different graphical style. The models are sharper (maybe lower resolution, like the ones we’ll see in game), the lighting effects around the star look different, there is a harsher contrast with no penumbras, and the Mun surface looks less grainy and more like a flat texture. My moneys on this being a separate render created by a dev rather than a 3D CGI team, but if this is a screenshot that would be the best thing so far. 

58 minutes ago, Ahres said:

Respectfully, MechBFP, I don’t see how you can say this with so much certainty. Has it been awhile since you’ve watched the announce cinematic?

With the same degree of certainty you gave, I can say it is definitely not an exact scene from the cinematic. 

I'll eat my hat if I am wrong, but simple experience tells me this, at best, a cinematic created with "in-game assets". You'll see soon enough I guess lol.

1 hour ago, MechBFP said:

I'll eat my hat if I am wrong, but simple experience tells me this, at best, a cinematic created with "in-game assets". You'll see soon enough I guess lol.

Fair enough! Hopefully your “soon” is soon. 

2 hours ago, TheOrbitalMechanic said:

Here's the trailer, for your analyzing pleasure.

Feels like the trailer released just yesterday... And now, i'll get to play this marvel of a game.

This year.

On 5/6/2022 at 6:46 PM, Ahres said:

Not a screenshot. Rocks are unevenly distributed, there's artistic ambient lighting (in-engine would be global, not specific to the Kerbals). It might be a game-asset based scene with brush-applied rocks (which would explain the weird rockless patches), but I can bet it's not in game.

Edit: The cinematic trailer from 2019 does not include in-game footage. Maybe in-engine, but not in-game.

Edited by PDCWolf