KSP2 Hype Train Thread

Even if it's a screenshot, what's the big deal? KSP1 with mods looks just as nice, it could be a screenshot done like that.

I'm so profoundly upset because of the lack of communication from the team, I just don't want to address it anymore.
Edited by Vl3d

11 hours ago, PDCWolf said:

with brush-applied rocks (which would explain the weird rockless patches)

I agree that it is not a screenshot, but I wouldn’t expect the rocks to be evenly distributed in game. An easy way to get semi-realistic random placement is to use a perlin noise function and have a threshold for the density of rocks. A perfectly uniform scatter would be only slightly less processor heavy, so that kind of random distribution is to be expected from in game. However, I doubt a whole noise function was implemented just for this render, so it was probably brushed on here. 

I thought we'd already seen uneven scatter distribution in one of the show and tells?

Edit: yeah you can see in this vid (45sec) the way it clumps uneavenly which looks super good and realistic. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

On 5/7/2022 at 9:07 PM, PDCWolf said:

Not a screenshot. Rocks are unevenly distributed, there's artistic ambient lighting (in-engine would be global, not specific to the Kerbals). It might be a game-asset based scene with brush-applied rocks (which would explain the weird rockless patches), but I can bet it's not in game.

As @Pthigrivi pointed out, we already know there’s uneven distribution of terrain scatter. And thank goodness there is. Even distribution would be boring, right?

I can get more on board with what you’re saying about ambient lighting though, because it caught my eye as well. The Kerbals definitely have some while their shadows don’t. 

33 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Or the next. FY2023 encompasses a larger range of dates than 2022, leaving the possibility you might have to wait longer.

Do you mean FY2022?

19 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:
53 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Or the next. FY2023 encompasses a larger range of dates than 2022, leaving the possibility you might have to wait longer.

Do you mean FY2022?

I mean FY2023. July 2022 to June 2023.

On 5/8/2022 at 9:36 AM, Vl3d said:

I'm so profoundly upset because of the lack of communication from the team

You're getting upset over nothing.

Edited by Bej Kerman

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:
On 5/8/2022 at 11:36 AM, Vl3d said:

Exactly.

3 hours ago, Vl3d said:
4 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:
On 5/8/2022 at 9:36 AM, Vl3d said:

Exactly.

You're being overly demanding - we already got some large information dumps. Even if the release ran into 2023, we could get that far without any more info drops. Why don't we be grateful for what we get? Does that sound good?

OMG, new video! Did we get any new info about multiplayer? ...aw ...no.

I'm just going to say that I believe the delay confirms there are going to be public game servers.